42 Assisted Living Facilities in Rohnert Park, CA
Also serving communities of Cotati.
Rohnert Park Retirement Community4855 Snyder Lane, Rohnert Park, CA
Chez Louise II6299 COUNTRY CLUB DR., Rohnert Park, CA
Clearwater at Sonoma Hills710 Rohnert Park Expressway, Rohnert Park, CA
Brookdale Chanate3250 Chanate Road, Santa Rosa, CA
Sunrise Villa Santa Rosa4225 Wayvern Drive, Santa Rosa, CA
Springfield Place101 Ely Blvd S, Petaluma, CA
Oakmont Gardens301 White Oak Drive, Santa Rosa, CA
Sunrise of Petaluma815 Wood Sorrel Drive, Petaluma, CA
Brookdale Paulin Creek2375 Range Ave, Santa Rosa, CA
Las Palmas Assisted Living218 North High Street, Sebastopol, CA
All Seasons Residential Care Home5509 Volkerts Road, Sebastopol, CA
Silva Board and Care1130 Silva Avenue, Santa Rosa, CA
Zimpher Residential Care Home476 Eileen Drive, Sebastopol, CA
Sunset Garden I1018 Sunset Avenue, Santa Rosa, CA
J and V Homes for Seniors I3427 Mooreland Avenue, Santa Rosa, CA
Spring Lake Village5555 Montgomery Drive, Santa Rosa, CA
Live Oak Rest Home604 Live Oak Avenue, Sebastopol, CA
Hanna House Ridley1840 Ridley Ave, Santa Rosa, CA
Five Palms Care Home1217 LANCE DR., Santa Rosa, CA
Victoria's Place2300 Donahue Avenue, Santa Rosa, CA
At A Glance
There are 42 assisted living communities in the city and surrounding suburbs to choose from. The average cost of assisted living in Rohnert Park is $3,395 per month, according to the latest estimates from Genworth.
We're there at every step
Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Rohnert Park area find the assisted living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.
Get the insights you need to find the right community.
- See more than 13 reviews of assisted living communities in the Rohnert Park area from residents and their loved ones.
- Browse our comprehensive directory of 42 assisted living communities in the Rohnert Park area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Rohnert Park
Rohnert Park is known as 'The Friendly City' and was one of the nation's first planned communities. Today it is home to around 42,000 people, almost 11 percent of whom are aged 65 and over. There are three assisted living facilities in Rohnert Park and a further 54 in nearby communities that accommodate seniors who are looking for help with their daily activities. In California, these senior communities are known as Residential Care Facilities for the Elderly (RCFEs). They are monitored by California's Department of Social Services, Senior Care Licensing Program.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Rohnert Park
- Sonoma County, including Rohnert Park, is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
- The city of Rohnert Park offers mini-bus transportation to seniors to attend medical appointments, shopping or other appointments in Rohnert Park and Santa Rosa. This service operates on weekdays and can be scheduled in advance.
- Air quality in Sonoma County, including Rohnert Park, is very good. The county received A grades from the American Lung Association in particle pollution and ozone pollution. This can be beneficial for the health of seniors with respiratory illnesses.
- The weather in Rohnert Park is comfortable year around. In summer, the high temperature averages 82 degrees, and the January low is around 38. Seniors who enjoy relaxing outside may appreciate Rohnert Park's 255 days of sunshine each year.
- The City of Rohnert Park has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Santa Rosa.
- The cost of living in Rohnert Park is very high compared to the rest of the United States. Although health care costs are lower than the national average, the costs of groceries and transportation are over ten percent higher. Overall, Rohnert Park is 65 percent more expensive than the U.S. average.
Paying for Assisted Living in Rohnert Park
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Rohnert Park start around $3,395 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Rohnert Park and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Rohnert Park
California's Assisted Living Waiver (ALW) is available in selected counties, including Sonoma County, so seniors in Rohnert Park can apply for financial assistance through the program. Seniors receiving Social Security income may also be eligible for the Optional State Supplement (OSS).
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Rohnert Park
Rohnert Park and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Rohnert Park
Rohnert Park-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.