158 Assisted Living Facilities near Peoria, AZ
Amethyst Gardens18170 N. 91st Avenue, Peoria, AZ
The Forum at Desert Harbor13840 North Desert Harbor Drive, Peoria, AZ
The Montecito17271 North 87th Avenue, Peoria, AZ
2014, 2016, 2017
Palos Verdes Senior Living18441 N. 87th Ave., Peoria, AZ
Brookdale Peoria8989 West Greenbrian Drive, Peoria, AZ
D & L Adult Care Home14952 N 78th Avenue,, Peoria, AZ
Amethyst Arbor9257 West Union Hills Drive, Peoria, AZ
Ana & David Assisted Living9632 W. Runion Dr., Peoria, AZ
Sweet Home Adult Care Home15973 N 77th Ave, Peoria, AZ
West Wing Adult Care Home27490 N Higuera Drive, Peoria, AZ
Adobe Country Gables14962 N 78th Ave, Peoria, AZ
Fletcher Farms7753 W. Lone Cactus Dr, Peoria, AZ
Paseo Village10420 N. 89th Avenue, Peoria, AZ
Provide Assisted Living Home10087 West El Cortez Place, Peoria, AZ
Avalon Assisted Living Home8223 West Monte Lindo Lane, Peoria, AZ
Arizona Bright Morning Star Assisted Living10928 West Lawrence Lane, Peoria, AZ
West Valley Care Home II20817 North 101st Lane, Peoria, AZ
Comfort Assisted Living Home9003 West Charleston Avenue, Peoria, AZ
My Parents Paradise - Peoria6827 West Rowel Road, Peoria, AZ
Because We Care Assisted Living Group Home8802 W Puget Ave., Peoria, AZ
At A Glance
There are 158 assisted living communities in the city and surrounding suburbs to choose from. The average cost of assisted living in Peoria is $3,103 per month, according to the latest estimates from Genworth.
We're there at every step
Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Peoria area find the assisted living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.
Get the insights you need to find the right community.
- See more than 226 reviews of assisted living communities in the Peoria area from residents and their loved ones.
- Browse our comprehensive directory of 158 assisted living communities in the Peoria area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Peoria
A suburb of Phoenix, Peoria, Arizona is located predominately in Maricopa County and is surrounded by the Sonoran Desert. Some of the major attractions seniors may enjoy here include spring training for the San Diego Padres and Seattle Mariners and Lake Pleasant Regional Park.
Assisted living facilities in Peoria, AZ are regulated by The Department of Health Services (DHS), which conduct safety and cleanliness inspections in senior care facilities throughout Arizona. The Peoria area has 62 assisted living facilities, 42 in Peoria itself and 20 others dotting nearby communities.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Peoria
- Get ready for temperature extremes in Peoria, AZ. The weather mostly varies between a four-month hot season from May to September, with an average daily high above 75 degrees, and a cold season that lasts for three months from November to March, with an average daily temperate that drops below 44 degrees. This extreme weather can make planning outings difficult at times.
- Air quality in Peoria is 48 percent worse than the U.S. average and the city has a pollution index 19 percent better than the country's average.
- The overall cost of living in Peoria, AZ is 107, which is 9 percent higher than the Arizona average and 7 percent higher than the U.S. average,
- Arizona doesn’t tax social security checks, but other retirement income, like 401(k) accounts are taxed.
- Overall, the crime rate in Peoria is 18 percent below the national average. For every 100,000 people, there are six daily crimes in Peoria. Seniors are safer here than in 50 percent of US cities.
- Active Adults, a program at the Peoria Community Center for adults 50 and older, provides activities, opportunities to meet people and ways to increase fitness for seniors who like to remain active.
Paying for Assisted Living in Peoria
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Arizona
Assisted Living costs in Peoria start around $2,881 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Peoria and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Peoria
Seniors living in assisted living homes in Peoria, AZ, can apply for a financial assistance program through the Arizona Long-Term Care System (ALTCS) to defray the cost of assisted living expenses.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Arizona page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Arizona page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Peoria
Peoria and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Peoria
Peoria-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Arizona are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Arizona page for more information about these laws.