12 Independent Living Communities in Onondaga County, NY

Maple Downs

7220 E Genesee St, Fayetteville, NY
Pamela: "Maple Downs was wonderful; it was beautiful. I don't think you could ask for anything more. I think anybody would feel comfortable placing their relative or a family member there. Maple Downs is absolutely beautiful. They have a library, a... (read more)

2019

The Hearth on James

830 James Street, Syracuse, NY
The Hearth on James is a pristine retirement community in Syracuse, New York, and is located less than two miles to the area's four world-class hospitals and medical facilities. Visitors appreciate that the community’s annual calendar is pa... (read more)
Special Promotion! Ends in 10 days

The Hearth at Greenpoint

150 Old Liverpool Road, Liverpool, NY
JP: "The tour at The Hearth at Greenpoint was fine, but I didn't care for the people I met, except the tour person, who I did like. She has continued to send short emails about the different aspects of senior care, which is good. She actually h... (read more)
Special Promotion! Ends in 10 days

Brookdale Summerfield

100 Summerfield Village Lane, Syracuse, NY
Relative351356: "My mom is in Brookdale in her own apartment. She is not happy with the food. They have a library, social trips, concerts, and a lot of activities going on. I am overall pleased with Brookdale. "

Parkrose Estates

7251 Janus Park Drive, Liverpool, NY
Parkrose Estates sets the standard in senior living, with a lifestyle dedicated to whole person wellness. From the moment you walk in the door, you'll notice this is an open and inviting place where laughter is often in the air. Our numerou... (read more)

Towne Center Retirement Community

3900 Medical Center Drive, Fayetteville, NY
A resort lifestyle means choice and flexibility. It means doing as much or as little as you want to do. Happy hour, fitness classes, trips to the mall or trips abroad... It means living life to the fullest. What "All-Inclusive" Means: I... (read more)

Parkrose Senior Living

7251 Janus Park Drive, Liverpool, NY
Maureen M: "Mom was feeling lonely and isolated, and chose to move from her home of 60 years to Parkrose Estates. From our initial visit with Ruth, mom was made to feel at ease, safe and very welcome. Parkrose is a beautiful residence, with warm, ... (read more)

McHarrie Pointe

7740 Meigs Road, Baldwinsville, NY
Lois035012: "We are in McHarrie Towne and like the friendliness of the people and the services. The people here are happy. There are over a hundred units, and you don’t hear many complaints. That is unusual with people our age. "

The Nottingham

1301 Nottingham Road, Jamesville, NY
Friend123: "My friend is very happy at The Nottingham. She likes it because she has a very nice apartment and she has friends already there. It's absolutely wonderful. They have all kinds of recreation for you. They have a swimming pool, a library, a ... (read more)

Conifer Village Apartments

700 Conifer Dr,, Baldwinsville, NY
Elizabeth110708050: "I used to live at Conifer Village Apartments, and it was wonderful. I had no problems with the community at all. The staff was very nice. We usually have meetings once or twice a week for different stuff going on. I buy my own food since i... (read more)

The Bernardine Loretto

750 E Brighton Ave, Syracuse, NY
Joe30: "Bernardine Loretto is close to my wife's work. Nothing stood out in a bad way. They're nice enough. The rooms are larger than I thought they would be. It's pretty brightened up, with nice big windows. They have a dining area on each floor.... (read more)

The Oaks at Dewitt

18 Arbor Ln, Syracuse, NY
Janet305188: "I didn’t care for the Oaks so much. It was nice, but the rooms were so small and pretty outdated. The meals were good and included continental breakfast and big meals at night. They offer art, crafts, and activities, and a lot of the resid... (read more)

At A Glance

There are 12 of independent living communities in the city and surrounding area to choose from, with an average cost of $2,854 per month.

Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Onondaga County area find the independent living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.

• See more than 53 reviews of independent living communities in the Onondaga County area from residents and their loved ones.
  • Browse our comprehensive directory of 12 independent living communities in the Onondaga County area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.