Independent Living in East Amherst

12 Communities

Solstice Senior Living at East Amherst

6363 Transit Rd, East Amherst, NY
$$$$
Margaret: "Solstice Senior Living at East Amherst was so nice and the dining room was luxurious. You get to pick what you want to eat. I can't say enough good things about it. You get your meals, they have security on duty, and you get to bring your dog and your car. It's much in line with what my parents were looking for. They have happy hour and a pool table. There was a lot going on when we went. The woman who gave us the tour was perfectly lovely. We had a really good time there."
Special Promotion! Ends in 35 days

Transit Pointe Senior Apartments

8040 Roll Rd., East Amherst, NY
1 review
Zeena1: "We really liked Transit Pointe as they have a lot of activities for people to do. They were very kind to everybody there. You could really see that they took good care of people. The apartments were super clean and very nice. They were very old people but still kicking. The food was fine; they even had chefs. They have the list of activities in the community room and they had a lot of things to do. The only negative thing was the price. It was a little high. "

The Amberleigh

2330 Maple Rd, Williamsville, NY
$$$$
Tim Fox: "I have found my Dad's stay at The Amberleigh very satisfying. As a child it is always hard to see your parents sell the family home and move out! I can say we haven't looked back since he has been there [May 2017]. After my Mom died he was alone, there he has friends and is social. He fell in his apt. over the summer and activated his pull cord and the Security guard was in his room calling me to let let me know what happened. My Dad will tell you how he has put on 20 p... (read more)

Presbyterian Village at North Church

214 Village Park Drive, Williamsville, NY
$$$$
The Scotsman: "I visited the facility and was given a tour. The apartment I was shown was small, with just a galley kitchen. I was told that the facility is "pet friendly", but found later that their "friendliness" toward cats requires that they be declawed (front only or front and back was not specified). Requiring an animal be maimed to live there is not, in my opinion, pet friendly. "

Elderwood Residences at Cheektowaga

151 Bennett Road, Cheektowaga, NY
$$$$
Anna: "Elderwood Residences at Cheektowaga is really clean and nice. The service provided by the staff is good, but it could be better. My parents have food delivered to them, but they also go out to eat, and they say the food is really good. My mom can get hair done at their place because somebody comes in and does it. Their apartment is really good, it has two bedrooms, a big kitchen, living room, and a bath and a half. It also has a washer and dryer, refrigerator, and a stove."

Brompton Heights, Inc.

275 Brompton Road, Williamsville, NY
$$$$
Daniel374574: "My mom is staying in Brompton Heights. The rooms are somewhat small, but they're decent and clean enough. There are no issues, but I think they should have better knowledge on their patients. Their record keeping isn't the greatest. The response is slow as far as asking for things that you want done, and they just don't keep a good record. "

Forestview Senior Village

3959 Forest Park Way, North Tonawanda, NY
$$$$
Mary102645050: "I visited Forestview Senior Village. It is more of an apartment, but it is for seniors over 55. It was pretty new. It was very upscale. They had a washer-dryer in the unit. They had granite countertops. I saw a one-bedroom. It had a very nice shower for seniors where you just step in instead of like a tub unit, and it was very good for seniors to live in. They had an elevator. They had all kinds of games -- i.e., games night, bingo night -- and things to do with other senior... (read more)

Asbury Pointe

50 Stahl Rd, Getzville, NY
$$$$
Richard B.: "Ashbury Pointe was very nice. The apartments were a good size, the staff was very friendly, and the food was excellent. The activities were just like everybody else's, and they've got a bus that will take you shopping if you have to go. They have nice underground parking, so you can keep your car out of the weather. It was a nice, very well-kept facility. "

Crestmount Square Senior Apartments

285 Crestmount Avenue, Tonawanda, NY
$$$$
lauren-l: "Crestmount looked wonderful. The visit was perfect. They were very nice. They took me to one of the apartments which they had already completed, and I loved it. I was on a waiting list, and I would be moving in on Thursday. They had an exercise room, and it was beautiful. They had a library and a community room."

Maryvale East Senior Apartments

100-120 Moorman Drive,, Cheektowaga, NY
$$$$
Willowandkoko: "The old saying "you get what you pay for" applies here. Low rent equals poor and unprofessional repairs. Do yourself a favor and rent elsewhere. "

At A Glance

There are 12 of independent living communities in the city and surrounding area to choose from, with an average cost of $2,299 per month.

Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the East Amherst area find the independent living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.

• See more than 20 reviews of independent living communities in the East Amherst area from residents and their loved ones.
  • Browse our comprehensive directory of 12 independent living communities in the East Amherst area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.