Assisted Living in Mystic

yrs

Academy Point at Mystic

20 Academy Lane, Mystic, CT
$$$$
A Fellow Reviewer12: "I visited Academy Point at Mystic for my dad. It is a beautifully situated, old school house that looks out at the river and is so pretty. It's dated, though, and wasn’t the right kind of place for my father. I didn’t like the memory care unit at all. I was so depressed when I went into the memory unit, but as far as their assisted living and independent living, it was beautiful. The apartments were incredible, airy, and had views of the water. The residents seemed to be hap... (read more)

Masonicare at Mystic

45 Clara Drive, Mystic, CT
$$$$
Scott: "Masonicare (Masonicare At Mystic) is a very friendly, brand-new place. The rooms are brand new. They have a library, a pool, and some nice areas to eat. The food is excellent. The staff is great. Because the community isn't at 50% capacity, they wait on you hand and food. They are a very professional and very kind group of people."
yr

The Elms Retirement Residence

22 Elms Street, Westerly, RI
$$$$
Nancy: "The Elms Retirement Campus was very nice, but it fits somebody who is relatively self-sufficient. If you need more help, it would cost more. The person who assisted us with the tour was good and knowledgeable. We saw the residents having lunch, and it seemed very nice. The dining area looked beautiful. They had happy hour every 4:00 where they get together and drink wine."
yr

Atria Crossroads Place

One Beechwood Drive, Waterford, CT
$$$$
Rosemary: "Atria Crossroads Place was lovely. I liked the big chandeliers as you go in, and everything was clean and neat. They would take my dog and my cat, but I find it disturbing for the other residents if I had to bring my pets up and down the elevator because some might be allergic to pets. If we could get a first floor apartment, then it might work. They had a library, a dining room, laundry facilities, and an exercise room, but the place wasn't active enough for me because they... (read more)

Crescent Point at Niantic

417 Main Street, Niantic, CT
$$$$
A Resident: "Crescent Point at Niantic is very nice and the activities are very nice. I have a very nice three-room apartment. The food is good. The residents are all very nice, too, and the staff is excellent which is very important. I get everything I pay for."

Golden Years Assisted Living

118 High Street, Westerly, RI
$$$$
funnygrl64: "I was there January 2015 to do a tour and I was so impressed with the place. I had been in the facility a few years ago and the owners have done a lot of renovations to the place. It looks so much better wow. I was impressed. The staff was friendly and the residents I spoke to seemed to be very happy and well cared for. "

Groton Regency Center

1145 Poquonock Road, Groton, CT
$$$$
Caring77260450: "Groton Regency Center has multiple levels of care. They have a nursing home, a mid level, and then assisted living. You go in the front door, and there’s a security individual there to check you in. They did a good job. The only problem is they’re very typical of some of the nursing homes that I’ve seen because a lot of people were sitting in either wheelchairs or chairs out in the hallways, and that drives me crazy. "

Sachem Home

33 Sachem Street,, Norwich, CT
1 review
Caring4820: "Sachem Homes is an assisted living facility. They provide meals and the residents either have their own rooms or shared room. They have 24-hour staff. It caters to smaller community. The meals are pretty balanced. They have household activities that are available for members that want to do things. The place is small and almost everyone knows each other there. "

Sheltering Arms Retirement Residence

165 McKinley Avenue, Norwich, CT
$$$$
Maria29: "Sheltering Arms just didn’t have the best levels of services. It wasn’t quite on the level of assisted living, and that’s why it just wasn’t working for my mother anymore. I can say that it was a good place; she just needed more services. When she first went there almost four years ago, it was fine for her, but by the time she left, it just wasn’t enough for her. It was a good facility. They’re very clean; it’s just not for her at this point. They don’t do that much for peop... (read more)

At A Glance

There are 9 assisted living communities in the city and surrounding suburbs to choose from. The average cost of assisted living in Mystic is $5,250 per month, according to the latest estimates from Genworth.

Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Mystic area find the assisted living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.

• See more than 12 reviews of assisted living communities in the Mystic area from residents and their loved ones.
  • Browse our comprehensive directory of 9 assisted living communities in the Mystic area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.