Assisted Living in La Verne
Diamond Crest Home Care1158 Beaver Way, La Verne, CA
Genesis Manor IV1691 Genesse Avenue, La Verne, CA
Hillcrest - A Remarkable Retirement Community®2705 Mountain View Drive, La Verne, CA
Heritage Home Care4146 Atlantic Circle, La Verne, CA
La Verne Manor2555 6TH STREET, La Verne, CA
A Family Style Home Rcfe, Llc1012 Nashport Street, La Verne, CA
Heritage Senior Home Care820 Glenlea Street, La Verne, CA
St. Josephine Home For The Elderly710 Payson Street, La Verne, CA
St. Matthew'S Home For The Elderly1004 Nashport Street, La Verne, CA
Brookdale San Dimas1740 San Dimas Ave., San Dimas, CA
At A Glance
There are 97 assisted living communities in the city and surrounding suburbs to choose from. The average cost of assisted living in La Verne is $3,550 per month, according to the latest estimates from Genworth.
We're there at every step
Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the La Verne area find the assisted living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.
Get the insights you need to find the right community.
- See more than 4 reviews of assisted living communities in the La Verne area from residents and their loved ones.
- Browse our comprehensive directory of 97 assisted living communities in the La Verne area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in La Verne
Sitting on the outskirts of Los Angeles, La Verne is in the same county as the busy city and is a quiet suburb with convenient access to its amenities. Seniors can choose from nine local assisted living facilities (ALFs) or 49 nearby. Each facility is licensed and regulated through the California Department of Social Services (CDSS), Community Care Licensing Division (CCLD).
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in La Verne
- While the overall cost of living in La Verne is 68 percent higher than the national average, residents in assisted living facilities enjoy lower prices in three major expense categories. These expenses include a 4.5 percent grocery bill savings, a 7 percent health care cost and a 9 percent lower goods and services cost.
- The La Verne area, like all of Los Angeles County, experiences some of the worst air quality in the nation and was ranked top 10 in three categories for worst pollution by the American Lung Association (ALA). Seniors with respiratory issues could be harmed if outside for too long.
- California is known for not being tax-friendly and does not provide seniors with a tax exemption on retirement income other than Social Security. La Verne residents have a combined 9.5 percent sales tax compared to the 6 percent national average and 8.54 percent state average.
- La Verne, part of Los Angeles County, is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership "has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or country a great place for people of all ages," according to AARP.
- La Verne has an array of community resources for seniors, including the La Verne Community Senior Services, an organization that assists seniors and provides them with knowledge and activities and offers a senior center.
- The La Verne area has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Glendora, California.
Paying for Assisted Living in La Verne
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in La Verne start around $3,550 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in La Verne and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in La Verne
Med-Cali Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS) Assisted Living Waiver (ALW), Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and the optional state supplement (OSS) are among the available programs to seniors for financial aid in assisted living facilities.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in La Verne
La Verne and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in La Verne
La Verne-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.