Arbor Terrace at Chestnut Hill

495 East Abington Avenue, Philadelphia, PA, 19118

Reviews of Arbor Terrace at Chestnut Hill

dance2praise March 14, 2015

My Dad has been at Arbor Terrace since August 2014. I have been so impressed with the entire staff and the facility itself. Everything is very well maintained and there's more of a home-like atmosphere than in most personal care facilities. Everyone is treated with dignity and respect and the staff know the residents by name. There are activities throughout the day, they have an option of several choices on their daily menu for their meals, they go on outings, and we are allowed to visit my Dad at any time. I thank God for the staff and managers at Arbor Terrace.

Roberta17 August 30, 2014

It was a very nice place. They had a doctor who comes a couple of times a week. They had very nice accomodation with a large bedroom and a kitchenette.The food tasted really good. They served three meals a day and snacks.

They have games and invited people to do concerts within the facility. The residents also go shopping. I can say that the place is very secured and safe. The residents like being there. The people who worked there were very friendly good. I would recommend this place to others.

Caring93425450 August 29, 2014

I visited Arbor Terrace today. It seemed very warm and inviting. We saw a reunion of old friends and there were residents and staff greeting us as they walked through the halls. The whole staff there seemed very friendly. They have laundry, housekeeping, three meals a day, and also personal care for the assisted living portion. They have a geriatric counselor that meets with the residents one-on-one and helps them either transition into assisted living or just checks in on them once in a while.

The room was nice. The person was in the process of moving out so there was furniture around, but it was a good-sized room. It has a kitchenette and a large bathroom. I did see the dining area. It was furnished nicely and I saw people cleaning up and setting up the tables again for the next meal. They were very personable as well.

They have all kinds of activities going on. They have an enrichment program where students of Arcadia University come in and have classes with them. It's a very educational environment. They have word games to stimulate their minds and they have themed events and celebrations -- they have all kinds of games and exercises, too. They usually have three activities going on at the same time throughout the day. They also have physical therapy there.

Michael88914150 July 31, 2014

I was only at Arbor Terrace for a brief tour but while there everything seemed to be nice. I didn’t see anything that was awkward. It was definitely a positive experience. The staff is very courteous. We weren’t rushed; they took time in answering questions that we had. It was definitely a clean place. I don’t know how old the building itself was but everything about it seemed modern. Their dining room was well lit and was wide open space with plenty of places to sit. Some residents there seemed passive; different people have their health situations but no one seemed unhappy. They have crafts and they do fieldtrips. They rent a shuttle bus to come by and at certain times during the month people who are interested can join along and they take a trip off to a restaurant for dinner. They do shopping trips as well.

Caring89125850 July 31, 2014

Arbor Terrace was satisfactory. It was clean. It was probably a medium size community and it looked new. I was treated well. The staff were warm and informative. It was homey. I didn't see any activities but they do have an activity board. It's a nice facility; it's just not affordable. It's also out of my mother's price range.

Kathleen30 July 20, 2014

I like Arbor Terrace at Chestnut Hill a lot. The woman that I talked to was excellent. She spoke very highly of the community. She talked about the unique diversity of educated people that live there. This is an assisted community, but they also have memory care. The rooms were very spacious. The window sills were deep. However, the bathrooms and the kitchenettes were a little outdated. One part of the building was very old but beautiful. It was the mansion. What they did was, they made additions to the place, and I thought it was very nice. So the grounds were half new and half old.

gwendolyn2 July 07, 2014

Arbor Terrace had the nicest outdoor facility. They had a very beautiful terrace and garden. Part of it is an older building and part is new, so it had a funny transition in the middle. The décor is really lovely, classic club décor. It is the most visibly populated place that we visited, and most of the residents were out in the common rooms. There were several different activities going on. The staff was great. They were really nice, and many of them had worked there for a long time. The rooms were a little bit smaller than the other places, which was totally fine. It had the most ethnic diversity.

SE October 11, 2013

I liked Arbor Terrace because it was clean and bright. The staff was engaged and energetic. The food was very good. They had lots of activities. I liked the area, it was very nice. Beautiful facility.

Joann4 July 24, 2013

I liked Arbor Terrace a lot, it was very nice but it was too expensive. The staff was very nice and I was very impressed. The residents looked happy. The rooms are nice and I would recommend Arbor Terrace.

Caring215 October 17, 2012

It was very nice. The food wasn't quite good, but the people were nice. They offer a more extended program. They can do hospice and all sorts of things. It was clean, homey, and it seem like they renovated frequently enough that it was up to date. The grounds was fairly nice though small. I would recommend Arbor Terrace to others.

smiley2 May 08, 2012

This facility is well maintained. The staff provide excellent care and attention to details and are very helpful. The meals are well-prepared and there is a variety of cuisines that provide a unique and interesting dining experience. The residents are also offered a variety of activities and events. I recomment Arbor Terrace at Chestnut Hill in Philadelphia, PA as a reliable alternative when trying to decide how to provide a safe and secure living environment for your parent(s).

kaff March 07, 2012

Arbor Terrace is as close to home as any place away from home can be! The facility is beautiful. The main entrance and lobby is in an old mansion. The rest of the facility has been added to this stunning building.The staff is friendly and helpful. They seem to be actually happy to be working there. They always have time to stop and chat and ask if you need anything. They have the utmost respect for their client and it shows in everything they do.They have private or semi-private rooms. The rooms are very nicely appointed and large enough for the single bed, a closet, a dresser and enough sitting room so that a visitor doesn't feel cramped. The bathroom is set up for the handicapped.All meals are served as though you are in a fine restaurant. The tables are cleaned promptly after each meal and reset thoughtfully. There is always a choice of 2 entrees. If you don't like either, you can request a sandwich.There is also a room that is stocked with coffee, juice and some kind of fresh pastry as well as cereal and milk. This room is accessible to residents at all times.Days are filled with activities such as worship services, movies, bingo, card playing, and sometimes a visiting musical group or lecturer.Residents are treated like the intelligent, valuable older adults that they are. Arbor Terrace is a sparkling clean, friendly, warm and comfortable place to reside.

About Arbor Terrace at Chestnut Hill

Arbor Terrace at Chestnut Hill is an assisted living facility in Philadelphia, PA that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Arbor Terrace at Chestnut Hill for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Arbor Terrace at Chestnut Hill

• Physical therapy
  • Hospice care

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Media room for movies and Wii, Pool table, Great room, several Engagement rooms, Terrace deck overlooking beautiful landscape, Library, Emergency call system

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Activities extra: Engaged Living Designed for Resident Interest, and Intergenerational classes with residents and college students, and residents and children

• Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental

• Staff patient ratio: 6 to 1
  • Minimum age: Adult

• Licenses: Personal Care

• Technology extra: Apartments are wired for cable and phone. Our community has several common area flat screen TV's
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Arbor Terrace at Chestnut Hill