16 Memory Care Facilities in Wilton, CT
Also serving communities of Ridgefield.
The Greens at Cannondale435 Danbury Rd, Wilton, CT
Brookdale Wilton96 Danbury Road, Wilton, CT
Maplewood at Danbury22 Hospital Avenue, Danbury, CT
Atria Stamford77 Third Street , Stamford, CT
Sunrise of Stamford251 Turn of River Road, Stamford, CT
Middlebrook Farms at Trumbull2750 Reservoir Ave, Trumbull, CT
Benchmark Senior Living at Ridgefield Crossings640 Danbury Road, Ridgefield, CT
Bridges by EPOCH at Trumbull2415 Reservoir Avenue, Trumbull, CT
Maplewood at Strawberry Hill73 Strawberry Hill Avenue, Norwalk, CT
Maplewood at Darien599 Boston Post Road, Darien, CT
Maplewood at Stony Hill46 Stony Hill Road, Bethel, CT
Brighton Gardens of Stamford59 Roxbury Road, Stamford, CT
Bridges by EPOCH at Norwalk123 Richards Avenue, Norwalk, CT
Maplewood at Southport917 Mill Hill Terrace, Southport, CT
The Bristal at Armonk90 Business Park Drive, Armonk, NY
Brightview on New Canaan162 New Canaan Ave., Norwalk, CT
At A Glance
There are 16 Memory Care communities in the city and surrounding area to choose from, with an average cost of $6,160 per month.
We're there at every step
Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Wilton area find the memory care community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.
Get the insights you need to find the right community.
- Browse our comprehensive directory of 16 memory care communities in the Wilton area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.
What to Consider About Memory Care in Wilton
Wilton, Connecticut, is a residential community with 18,580 residents. Of the city's population, senior citizens 65 and over represent 15 percent, who are linked to a higher rate of Alzheimer's disease and dementia. While more than 75,000 Connecticut residents have been diagnosed with cognitive conditions, this number is expected to reach 91,000 by 2025, according to the Alzheimer's Association.
To protect older adults with special cognitive needs, Connecticut's Department of Public Health has specific requirements for assisted living services agencies and managed residential communities operating Alzheimer's special care units. Wilton is home to several state-qualified memory care facilities, and more than a dozen additional options are located in nearby communities, including Norwalk and Stamford.
- Connecticut is one of the nation's least tax-friendly states for retirees. Most forms of retirement income are subject to state-level income tax. Depending on the filer's income bracket, a portion of their Social Security benefits could be taxed as well. These policies may affect the affordability of memory care and related services.
- The cost of living in Wilton is double the U.S. average and about 80 percent higher than the median for Connecticut. Apart from housing, residents pay 20 to 45 percent more for transportation, utilities and miscellaneous expenses. Additionally, healthcare is 6 percent higher than the national average. These factors may influence the cost of memory care.
- As part of Fairfield County, Wilton has below-average air quality similar to other parts of the tri-state area. It received an F grade for the number of days with high ozone and a B for 24-hour particulate concentrations. These conditions may aggravate respiratory symptoms, especially for seniors who have asthma or require oxygen.
- The Wilton area is home to world-class medical facilities, including those specializing in brain health and dementia care, such as the Norwalk Hospital, St. Vincent's Medical Center and the federally funded Yale University Alzheimer's Disease Center, in the event of a medical emergency or illness.
Paying for Memory Care in Wilton
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Connecticut
Memory Care costs in Wilton start around $6,160 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of memory care is $4,723 per month.
It’s important to note that memory care rates in Wilton and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Memory Care in Wilton
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Memory Care in Connecticut page.
More Ways to Pay for Memory Care
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for memory care, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance memory care costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance memory care, visit our Memory Care in Connecticut page.
Free Memory Care Resources in Wilton
Wilton and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Memory Care Facilities in Wilton
Directory of Winners in the Wilton Area
Memory Care Laws and Regulations in Wilton
Wilton-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Connecticut are required to follow. Visit our Memory Care in Connecticut page for more information about these laws.