Assisted Living in Berryville
Greenfield of Berryville413 McClellan St., Berryville, VA
The Retreat at Berryville450 Mosby Blvd, Berryville, VA
Godfrey House210 W. Main Street, Berryville, VA
The Willows at Meadow Branch1881 Harvest Drive, Winchester, VA
Fox Trail Assisted Living at Stephens City110 Spanish Oak Road, Stephens City, VA
Fox Trail Assisted Living at Front Royal106 Westminster Drive, Front Royal, VA
Lovettsville Home Assisted Living39196 Rodeffer Rd, Lovettsville, VA
The Crossings at Martinsburg13857 Apple Harvest Drive, Martinsburg, WV
The Village at Orchard Ridge400 Clocktower Ridge Dr, Winchester, VA
Grenich Care Home67 Grenich Ave, Bunker Hill, WV
At A Glance
There are 16 assisted living communities in the city and surrounding suburbs to choose from. The average cost of assisted living in Berryville is $4,675 per month, according to the latest estimates from Genworth.
We're there at every step
Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Berryville area find the assisted living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.
Get the insights you need to find the right community.
- See more than 19 reviews of assisted living communities in the Berryville area from residents and their loved ones.
- Browse our comprehensive directory of 16 assisted living communities in the Berryville area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Berryville
Berryville, Virginia is located just outside of the slightly larger town of Winchester and right at the West Virginia border in the northern part of the Shenandoah Valley. Over 21 percent of the town's population is over the age of 65 and because of this and the nearby town of Winchester, there are 30 assisted living facilities in and around Berryville, all of which are licensed and regulated by Virginia Department of Social Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Berryville
- Berryville’s climate has four defined seasons, with temperatures falling into the low 20s during the winter months and peaking in the upper 80s during the summer. Much of the rest of the year is quite comfortable light jacket weather.
Air quality on a daily basis in Berryville is usually pretty good, though there will be some months where pollen counts will be higher from the nearby forests. This can affect those who have allergies abilities to breathe.
- The cost of living in Berryville is higher than both the state and national averages. Much of this is due to housing costs, which are well over the state and national medians. Other necessities like groceries, utilities and transportation are also higher than the national averages, which could make it difficult for seniors on a tight budget.
- There is very little crime in all of Berryville, as it tends to be a safe, small town outside of Winchester. Most reported crimes are property crimes, primarily having to do with theft.
- Clark County, where Berryville is located, has a Shenandoah Area Agency on Aging, also known as SAAA, which has their own transportation services for seniors. SAAA bus rides are provided to senior centers around the Berryville area for those who are 60 or older. SAAA also provides a WellTran service that provides discounted rides to seniors around the area.
- The Berryville area has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in the nearby town of Winchester to the west.
Paying for Assisted Living in Berryville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Virginia
Assisted Living costs in Berryville start around $4,675 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Berryville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Berryville
There is an Auxiliary Grant, through the Virginia Department of Social Services, offered to seniors who need financial aide with assisted living as long as they are already receiving Supplemental Social Income (SSI). Once they qualify, this payment is issued to each senior monthly for the cost of their assisted living facility.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Virginia page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Virginia page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Berryville
Berryville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Berryville
Berryville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Virginia are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Virginia page for more information about these laws.