Assisted Living in Sauk Rapids
Landings at Sauk Rapids1325 Summit Avenue North, Sauk Rapids, MN
Good Shepherd Community - Sauk Rapids1115 Fourth Avenue North, Sauk Rapids, MN
Ridgeview Place Senior Living1009 10TH AVENUE NORTHEAST, Sauk Rapids, MN
Cherrywood Advanced Living1685 4th Avenue N, Sauk Rapids, MN
Shepherd Court Apartments330 13TH STREET NORTH, Sauk Rapids, MN
The Sanctuary at St. Cloud2410 20th Avenue SE, Saint Cloud, MN
Nature's Point1717 University Drive SE, Saint Cloud, MN
Country Manor Campus520 First Street Ne, Sartell, MN
St. Benedict's Senior Community – St. Cloud Benedict Court1810 Minnesota Blvd. SE, Saint Cloud, MN
St. Cloud VA Health Care System4801 Veterans Drive, Saint Cloud, MN
At A Glance
There are 21 assisted living communities in the city and surrounding suburbs to choose from. The average cost of assisted living in Sauk Rapids is $2,995 per month, according to the latest estimates from Genworth.
We're there at every step
Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Sauk Rapids area find the assisted living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.
Get the insights you need to find the right community.
- See more than 23 reviews of assisted living communities in the Sauk Rapids area from residents and their loved ones.
- Browse our comprehensive directory of 21 assisted living communities in the Sauk Rapids area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Sauk Rapids
Sauk Rapids is a small community of a little more than 13,000 residents that's located on the banks of the Mississippi River. In the Sauk Rapids area, there are a total of 31 assisted living communities, which the state of Minnesota officially refers to as Home Care Providers. Of these communities, five are located directly in Sauk Rapids, while the remaining 26 are in surrounding areas such as Saint Cloud, Waite Park, Saint Joseph and Cold Spring. The Minnesota Department of Health is responsible for regulating and monitoring home care providers throughout the state.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Sauk Rapids
- The weather in Sauk Rapids is considerably colder than many other cities in the United States. In January, Sauk Rapids has an average low temperature of only 2 degrees Fahrenheit, while the U.S. average low temperature is 22.6 degrees Fahrenheit. Seniors who prefer warmer or milder climates may find the climate in Sauk Rapids to be rather uncomfortable, especially in winter.
- Although the overall cost of living in Sauk Rapids is 4.5 percent lower than the national average. Seniors with regular medical expenses may find living in the area to be expensive. The cost of health care in Sauk Rapids is 7 percent higher than the U.S. average cost.
- The Sauk Rapids area is home to world-class medical facilities, including St. Cloud Hospital, in case of medical emergencies or illness.
- Seniors can feel safe living in Sauk Rapids as the city's crime rates are low. Residents have only a one in 1,363 chance of becoming a victim of violent crimes, which is much lower than Minnesota's average of one in 412.
Metro Bus provides seniors with safe public transportation and Dial-a-Ride in the Sauk Rapids area. Reduced rates are available for seniors.
- The state of Minnesota is not retirement-friendly when it comes to social security income, meaning social security checks are taxed.
Paying for Assisted Living in Sauk Rapids
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Minnesota
Assisted Living costs in Sauk Rapids start around $2,995 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Sauk Rapids and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Sauk Rapids
Services in assisted living facilities may be covered by the state under a Medicaid 1915(c) waiver. Room and board costs are not capped for Medicaid eligible seniors. However, an optional supplement to Supplemental Security Income may be available and family supplementation is permitted.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Sauk Rapids
Sauk Rapids and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Sauk Rapids
Sauk Rapids-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Minnesota are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page for more information about these laws.