Assisted Living in Englewood
Grand Villa of Englewood925 S. River Road, Englewood, FL
Heritage Oaks Assisted Living & Memory Care7374 San Casa Drive, Englewood, FL
Magnolia Acres Assisted Living729 Crestwood Road, Englewood, FL
Brookdale Port Charlotte18440 Cochran Boulevard, Port Charlotte, FL
Elmcroft of Bella Vita1420 East Venice Avenue, Venice, FL
The Windsor of Venice1600 Center Rd, Venice, FL
Sunset Lake Village1121 Jacaranda Blvd, Venice, FL
Village Place Retirement18400 Cochran Blvd, Port Charlotte, FL
Brookdale Rotonda550 Rotonda Boulevard West, Rotonda West, FL
At A Glance
There are 27 assisted living communities in the city and surrounding suburbs to choose from. The average cost of assisted living in Englewood is $3,716 per month, according to the latest estimates from Genworth.
We're there at every step
Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Englewood area find the assisted living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.
Get the insights you need to find the right community.
- See more than 22 reviews of assisted living communities in the Englewood area from residents and their loved ones.
- Browse our comprehensive directory of 27 assisted living communities in the Englewood area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Englewood
Listed as one of the best places to retire in Florida due to its beautiful beaches and quiet community, Englewood is just an hour south of Tampa and an hour north of Fort Myers. The city has three assisted living facilities, for those who require help with everyday living tasks, and there are also 26 nearby in cities like Venice and Port Charlotte.
There are two types of assisted living facilities in Englewood and the state of Florida. Those that operate under a standard license provide routine personal care, like grooming and housekeeping. The second type operates under a specialty license and provides limited nursing services and extended congregate care. Both types are regulated by the Florida Bureau of Health Facility Regulation.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Englewood
- The Englewood area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Englewood Community Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Englewood has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Senior Music Network, an organization that brings music to the homes and rooms of seniors within the community, as well as at least one senior center.
- The Charlotte County Transit Authority provides rides to and from medical appointments and for various outings and errands to seniors within the community for free.
- The overall crime rate in Englewood is 7 percent higher than the national average. The city is also 26 percent safer than most cities within the United States. In Englewood, Seniors have a 1 in 34 chance of becoming a victim of any type of crime.
- With a cost of living that is slightly higher than the national average of 100, Englewood may pose a problem for seniors who are living on a strict budget. The cost of living in Englewood is lower than the state average of 111.
- Seniors who enjoy the heat and warm weather will love the climate in Englewood. Summer highs are around 90 degrees, and January lows are around 52. The area rarely gets any snow, but it does receive approximately 54 inches of rain per year.
Paying for Assisted Living in Englewood
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Florida
Assisted Living costs in Englewood start around $2,596 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Englewood and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Englewood
Seniors who live in a facility in Englewood that operates under a standard license may be eligible for assistance through the state’s Medicaid Managed Care Long-Term Care Program. The Department of Children and Family Services determines eligibility on a case-by-case basis, and only semi-private rooms are covered. Those who prefer a private room may use family supplementation on top of the program benefits.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Florida page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Englewood
Englewood and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Englewood
Englewood-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Florida are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Florida page for more information about these laws.