Assisted Living in Citrus Heights
Brookdale Stock Ranch Road7418 Stock Ranch Road, Citrus Heights, CA
Best Life Home Care7205 Baranga D, Citrus Heights, CA
Sun Oak Assisted Living7241 Canelo Hills Dr, Citrus Heights, CA
Robert Creek Villa8134 Robert Creek Court, Citrus Heights, CA
Candlelight Home Care7224 Candlelight Way, Citrus Heights, CA
AAA care8445 Old Auburn Rd, Citrus Heights, CA
In Loving Hands Care Home II7710 Chipmunk Way, Citrus Heights, CA
Robert Creek Villa II8138 Robert Creek Cove, Citrus Heights, CA
The Elderly Inn #38361 Canyon Oak. Dr, Citrus Heights, CA
Day & Night Facility Care7430 Wells Avenue, Citrus Heights, CA
At A Glance
There are 167 assisted living communities in the city and surrounding suburbs to choose from. The average cost of assisted living in Citrus Heights is $2,749 per month, according to the latest estimates from Genworth.
We're there at every step
Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Citrus Heights area find the assisted living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.
Get the insights you need to find the right community.
- See more than 50 reviews of assisted living communities in the Citrus Heights area from residents and their loved ones.
- Browse our comprehensive directory of 167 assisted living communities in the Citrus Heights area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Citrus Heights
Citrus Heights is a relatively newly incorporated city that occupies the suburban belt between Sacramento and Roseville, Calif. This firmly middle class town has 201 assisted living and memory care communities within its borders and in the neighboring towns. All assisted living communities in Citrus Heighs and all of California are regulated as residential care facilities by the state Department of Social Services. This department's Senior Care Licensing division conducts inspections to ensure the quality of care. In general, all seniors who live in a Citrus Heights assisted living or residential care community can expect room and board, 24-hour assistance with activities of daily living (ADLs) and swift emergency response in their rooms. The state also sets a goal of helping seniors live as active and independent a life as their health permits.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Citrus Heights
- Citrus Heights is close enough to share Sacramento's weather. Here, in the heart of the Central Valley, daily highs average 74 degrees Fahrenheit, while the average low temperature is 48 degrees. The region gets about 18.5 inches of rain a year.
- Citrus Heights residents pay about 7.75 percent in sales taxes. Most of this is charged at the state level, but Sacramento County imposes a small sales tax of its own. California also has relatively high-income taxes for most types of income, though SSI and most retirement income is exempt.
- Citrus Heights is a generally low-crime community. Assaults, for example, come in at one-third the national average, and violent crime is under half.
- Citrus Heights is in the middle of Sacramento's Regional Transit (RT) coverage area. One light rail line runs south of the community, though it can be hard to get across the river to it during rush hours. RT offers discounts on student and senior travel, but a transit ID card is required. Seniors can get these at any of RT's offices.
Seniors activities are organized by the city and the Citrus Heights Community Center has a dedicated Senior Room available for local seniors to play cards, eat together, laugh and simply enjoying each others company.
- Citrus Heights has one of the Central Valley's best emergency centers, Mercy San Juan Medical Center, just off the I-80 freeway. Kaiser and Sutter both operate multiple hospitals in the area, while numerous outpatient clinics dot the streets of Citrus Heights.
Paying for Assisted Living in Citrus Heights
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Citrus Heights start around $2,738 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Citrus Heights and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Citrus Heights
Some financial assistance with assisted living costs may be available through California's MediCal waiver program, which covers expenses for eligible seniors.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Citrus Heights
Citrus Heights and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Citrus Heights
Citrus Heights-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.