St Monica Manor

2509 SOUTH FOURTH STREET, Philadelphia, PA, 19148

Reviews of St Monica Manor

Satfva September 14, 2015

Do not take your loved ones to St. Monica's especailly to the St. Edwards section.The staff there have no compassion for the patients under their care. My stepfather was there for 3 months and he sufferd greatly. A stroke victim, on the 3rd day there I found the begginings of a bedsore on his heel. That morning I go to perform his a.m. cared around 7:30 ; I find him in a twisted position with his affected leg under him, later that evening I found the sore. The staff is rude and I was not allowed in the room, his caregiver to be, when peforming ADL to the point of them locking the door. I can go on, however I am hoping others get the picture. Please, do not send your loved ones to St. Monica's unless they can care for themselves. I give it a 1 because the survey does not permit a zero rating.

Moore Sar August 31, 2015

Since the new owners from New York took over ,the care has declined along with the food, no water or ice, towels and wash cloths. So sad. It was such a caring place.

AT2015 August 30, 2015

My mother did not receive proper care at this facility. She was neglected on a daily basis. During her stay, she contracted bed sores, infections, and viruses. DO NOT put your loved one at this facility. The staff is over-worked and short-handed. This doctor was not available for information or consultation after dozens of requests.

person who cares still June 20, 2015

If your loved one needs any attention from a nurse,or can not do for themselves , then this place is not for them !! My mother was there for 3 days and she got a very bad rash all over her body , the nursing staff is very slow my mom was unable to breath and no one was around to help I had to get the oxygen tank for her myself because the one they gave her was broke !! The cna bro7ght my moms wheel chair back after another resident used it but never cleaned it after the orher person till i saod , did you clean it and she said no but i guess i will !! Really !!! They were not equipped to tske my mother but did anyway and that is why my mother was admitted to icu !! The nurse didnt tske her vitals or her tempature this dsy or she would of known my mother was 8n bad shspe , oxygen level in 30s heart rate threw the roof but pulse,low very low , took her forever to call dr and 911 to get her to the hospital !! Also there were patients asking for help and there was 1 nurse on the floor af 30 patients !! The food is horrible !! The place looks nice other then that it's horrible !! So irritated with the staff !!

Mary102772450 February 19, 2015

My father had to go to rehabilitation that he just got out of yesterday. The name of the facility is St Monica Manor. My experience with this facility is not good. The facility itself is just bad all the way around. It's just terrible. They didn't take care of him. He fell four times while he was there. The food was terrible. The rehabilitation itself was OK. But where he stayed and sleeps, he was always wet, and he always has dirty pants and laying on it for hours and hours. My sister and I had to go there every day to make sure. It was just bad. The food was horrible, and we never let him eat there anymore. The staff needs more training, and they need more staff. We have a lawsuit right now because my father fell and fractured his elbow. It took fifteen hours to get him to the hospital. He is always wet, and they never check on him. They just let him lay in the bed all time. It was terrible, so we brought him home.

Anonymous10 June 08, 2011

Visited this facility

The staff goes above the call of duty. I have witnessed staff purchasing resident dunking donuts for breakfast. The staff also responds quickly to the calls of residents.

The building is being remodeled and rooms are soon going to be more private. Most rooms are four residents to a room now, but soon they will two residents a room.

The staff is very friendly. And the nurses are very helpful when asking questions.

About St Monica Manor

St Monica Manor is a nursing home in Philadelphia, PA that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact St Monica Manor for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of St Monica Manor

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff
  • Medicare Provider Number 395558

Location of St Monica Manor