St Monica Manor

Reviews of St Monica Manor

3.5

August 24, 2017

By Rosetta Williams

Everyone is nice caring and very helpful. Medical care is very good. I would recommend.

August 23, 2017

By Mary Kerr

Wonderful place to receive care. Very professional, caring, and helpful people.

June 05, 2017

By ginamarie0574

If you really love your family do not place them in this facility. Looks are deceiving---it looks like a wonderful place to be because of the new renovations. The medical care provided is terrible. Diets are not being followed poor quality of food. Medications are not being administered correctly. There is no perception of critical care by licensed staff. My father was left in his room to die. We got to the emergency room as he was fighting for his life and we were seconds away from loosing him.

March 13, 2017

By happycamperr

"The facility is beautiful and always clean. I have a lot of children and one of them always come to eat with me, they eat the food here. The staff is nice to me and they learn what you like and don't like. I would come back here if I ever need more rehab"

January 21, 2017

By happy famil

My mom is there since July i have never seen her happier she is doing great. God bless everyone there we love you

December 17, 2016

By Deep willow

My uncle is receiving excellent short term rehab in this center. It's his second time here and he has made good progress both times. I would recommend

February 17, 2016

By CHempsey

I was so disappointed in this place. After my Uncle was discharged from the hospital., he was placed there for a few weeks. The place is deceiving. It's a. beautiful building with nice furniture and very clean, but the staff that I met were awful. They sit people in front of the TV and ignore the patients. . I had to ask a staff member if they could give me something to feed an elderly woman who told me she was hungry. They gave food that consisted of sugar to my uncle who was diabetic. He was given a large salt and pepper shaker with his dinner and they knew he had heart disease. The nurse came into my Uncles room, fixed his blanket and walked out without changing his soiled sheets. I walked out to the nurses station and asked for sheets. No one knew where the sheets were until another nurse arrived. The nurse walked into my uncles room, looked at his bed, said Oh no, the night nurse can do that, put the sheets on a chair and walked out! I changed his sheets and went off on all of them. One of those nurses I told off, was one that my Uncle was afraid of. They even lost all of his clothes. He was so depressed being there and was relieved when he was released.. I would never, ever send anyone there.

October 16, 2015

By Dara215

Thought this place might have improved from yrs of poor word of mouth but sadly not. The pros are that is has been nicely updated furnished & fairly clean. They have some fine nurses who are attentive pleasant but for the most part esp other than day shift the later shifts & weekends are inept lazy non attentive. My husband who had a leg cast w/no walker for 2 days had no one answer his call bell for days then find out that the call bell was turned down @ front desk for DAYS! The food is atrocious u can get better at a homeless shelter..dried up stuff overcooked soups where u you play game find the lentil or split pea! they forget when u ask for something, they dont bring right order @ meals, they seem to be on a low budget things u ask for they are out of be it personal items or food, soda etc they dole out everything like misers. Some nurses or asst. down right nasty attitudes.it is not super busy floor for rehab i can see if it was. Just today i had to go myself and find footies as they gave him size Sm for a man w/size 9/12 foot so got piss poor excuses till i found a way to get a pair from other area..like they COULD NOT DO THIS.im not paid to do it. Hubby said he almost sliped with half footie off.. no assistance early on ..on his most scariest days..esp on night off shifts. Would not send anyone here unless they get it together..i would hate to see how neglected those who do not have visitors which by the way they are VERY VISITOR UNFRIENDLY..its is not in a area where u can go across the street to grab a bite to eat or drink it's a good walk yet there is not one vending machine for a candy bar nor coffee soda in this pathetic place..i guess the idea is to not have visitors like if no one is there they can't see the goings on. Oh i was just got a call after 10 days in there nurse walked in my guys room to ask if he needed assistance to go to Bathroom!?? no read his chart but he did need assistance when the call bell was shut off first 3 days..tyvm!!

September 14, 2015

By Satfva

Do not take your loved ones to St. Monica's especailly to the St. Edwards section.The staff there have no compassion for the patients under their care. My stepfather was there for 3 months and he sufferd greatly. A stroke victim, on the 3rd day there I found the begginings of a bedsore on his heel. That morning I go to perform his a.m. cared around 7:30 ; I find him in a twisted position with his affected leg under him, later that evening I found the sore. The staff is rude and I was not allowed in the room, his caregiver to be, when peforming ADL to the point of them locking the door. I can go on, however I am hoping others get the picture. Please, do not send your loved ones to St. Monica's unless they can care for themselves. I give it a 1 because the survey does not permit a zero rating.

August 31, 2015

By Moore Sar

Since the new owners from New York took over ,the care has declined along with the food, no water or ice, towels and wash cloths. So sad. It was such a caring place.

August 30, 2015

By AT2015

My mother did not receive proper care at this facility. She was neglected on a daily basis. During her stay, she contracted bed sores, infections, and viruses. DO NOT put your loved one at this facility. The staff is over-worked and short-handed. This doctor was not available for information or consultation after dozens of requests.

June 19, 2015

By person who cares still

If your loved one needs any attention from a nurse,or can not do for themselves , then this place is not for them !! My mother was there for 3 days and she got a very bad rash all over her body , the nursing staff is very slow my mom was unable to breath and no one was around to help I had to get the oxygen tank for her myself because the one they gave her was broke !! The cna bro7ght my moms wheel chair back after another resident used it but never cleaned it after the orher person till i saod , did you clean it and she said no but i guess i will !! Really !!! They were not equipped to tske my mother but did anyway and that is why my mother was admitted to icu !! The nurse didnt tske her vitals or her tempature this dsy or she would of known my mother was 8n bad shspe , oxygen level in 30s heart rate threw the roof but pulse,low very low , took her forever to call dr and 911 to get her to the hospital !! Also there were patients asking for help and there was 1 nurse on the floor af 30 patients !! The food is horrible !! The place looks nice other then that it's horrible !! So irritated with the staff !!

February 19, 2015

By Mary102772450

My father had to go to rehabilitation that he just got out of yesterday. The name of the facility is St Monica Manor. My experience with this facility is not good. The facility itself is just bad all the way around. It's just terrible. They didn't take care of him. He fell four times while he was there. The food was terrible. The rehabilitation itself was OK. But where he stayed and sleeps, he was always wet, and he always has dirty pants and laying on it for hours and hours. My sister and I had to go there every day to make sure. It was just bad. The food was horrible, and we never let him eat there anymore. The staff needs more training, and they need more staff. We have a lawsuit right now because my father fell and fractured his elbow. It took fifteen hours to get him to the hospital. He is always wet, and they never check on him. They just let him lay in the bed all time. It was terrible, so we brought him home.

June 07, 2011

Visited this facility

The staff goes above the call of duty. I have witnessed staff purchasing resident dunking donuts for breakfast. The staff also responds quickly to the calls of residents. The building is being remodeled and rooms are soon going to be more private. Most rooms are four residents to a room now, but soon they will two residents a room. The staff is very friendly. And the nurses are very helpful when asking questions.

Features of St Monica Manor

About St Monica Manor

St Monica Manor is a nursing home in Philadelphia, PA that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact St Monica Manor for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of St Monica Manor