Heritage Greens

801 Meadowood St, Greensboro, NC, 27409

Reviews of Heritage Greens

lisaret January 16, 2015

My husband's grandmother lived here for just over a month before she passed away. We have had nothing but problems when trying to reach someone who would speak to us about her account. We were finally given the information and now over 2 months later that information has changed. It has been a very bad experience with having to deal with the death and then the run around we have gotten on top of it. It has been a very unprofessional experience.

Sandra43 February 25, 2014

We liked Heritage Greens. It’s not new but it’s nice and the atmosphere was really good there. The front door was wide open with big windows and a nice big room where people can sit around in chairs and talk. It was very nicely decorated. They had lunch for us; you go in and sit down at a nice table with a cloth on it. It was just first class all the way. The food was wonderful, there were several choices to make and they had a very nice salad bar. They have large rooms with big windows overlooking the grounds. Everything was nice and clean.

Jackie Tanseer July 26, 2013

The facility, all the decors and the entrance looked like it was high security and on the surface it looked prettier, but I don't see the focus on the relationship and interaction with the community. I just don't see that there, although their staff was helpful.

Larry11 April 18, 2013

My mom's been at the Heritage Green assisted living before. The place was fantastic and everything was above board. They just didn't meet some of my parents' needs. But, as far as the staff is concerned, they couldn't have been better, we have no complaints against them, whatsoever.

BarbaraJ October 15, 2012

Overall, it's been very good. Mom's been treated very well in Heritage Greens. She's closer to where I live, about five minutes. They're food is excellent and the facility is very clean.

pgreen June 29, 2012

The staff there was very friendly and accommodating to the needs of the residents. The residents themselves seemed very lively and had many activities available to them. It was a joy to be able to read to the citizens and have them so active in the process. The facility was very clean and was very bright. Since the facility was near a variety of shops, the residents were able to visit them with transportation provided. I saw that there was also an Alzeimer's care center for patients with the illness to be looked after. The library itself was very spacious and included many literature that would be relevant to the residents. There were handrails everywhere which would help the residents move more safely in addition to the staff being on hand to help any resident who had trouble. There were large call buttons for when anybody had an emergency and I actually witnessed one go off when a resident slipped and was immediately helped by the staff.

fantastraw September 29, 2011

My mother stayed at Heritage Greens while recuperating from several surgies. I found the facility to be well maintained with a friendly staff. Even though she was confined to a wheel chair, she was able to participate in the numerous activities that they provide for the residents. There is even an onsite beauty salon. I enjoyed several meals with her and thought the food was restaurant quality. The food choices were more than adequate for each meal.I really liked that family was encouraged to come visit at any time and we were able to participate in the resident activities and meals. Visiting my mother at Heritage Greens felt more like visiting her home than visiting a medical facility.I did notice that there was a high turnover rate for the facility, but everyone that I interacted with was friendly and knowledgeable. My mother never had any complaints about the way she was treated and said she would miss bath time when her stay ended. She even suggested that she take up full time residency there when she was unable to adequately care for herself independently.

jksmith77 July 29, 2011

I decided to take a stroll through Heritage Greens because I had actually been there before when my great-grandfather had been there when he died over almost a decade ago. Not much has changed in my eyes except for some of the staff was new.

When I walked through the front door, however, I did notice that a patient and a caretaker (as I like to call them) were having a chat on a bench in front of the building enjoying the scorching hot day like there was not a care in the world. I really enjoyed seeing that. When I walked in I saw that there was plenty of "busy-bees" walking around doing activities and other things like talking and cleaning.

There was one instance where I noticed a patient in a room calling out for someone to come help her for at least two minutes but no one responded. I know that the place was very busy and it may have been a little noisy but not that noisy.

Overall my experience was good. The grounds were very well kept and the building was clean. The staff were, for the most part very nice and knowledgeable but it was because of that one instant where the patient was ignored, that I gave this institution four stars.

From Heritage Greens

Ideally located close to shopping, entertainment and medical services, the warm and friendly Heritage Greens campus offers a variety of senior lifestyle options, educational and cultural enrichment programs and flexible services to satisfy your diverse preferences and needs over time. Life at Heritage Greens is vibrant, fulfilling and as active or carefree as you desire. You will have the opportunity to share your passions by becoming involved in one of the many activities on campus or volunteer your time and knowledge to support a localschool or organization in the neighboring community. At Heritage Greens, community and friendship are part of everyday where our residents and associates enjoy being served and serving others.

Heritage Greens offers a thoughtfully arranged, relationship rich campus that truly supports the independent lifestyle of the active senior. Pathways meander throughout the campus allowing for leisurely strolls or if you prefer more intense activity you can participate in any variety of classes at our state-of-the-art fitness center. The community feel encourages socializing, making friends, learning and sharing life experiences. Planned social events are frequent as are activities that inspire creativity and spark the imagination. Our full array of services are highlighted by three dining options per day, housekeeping and transportation services available 7 days a week.

Features of Heritage Greens

• Diabetic
  • Low fat
  • Low salt

• We charge an entry fee
  • Monthly rent is all inclusive

• 24 hour nurses: On-call 24/7