Assisted Living in Grain Valley
The Essex401 Southwest Rock Creek Lane, Grain Valley, MO
The Parkway Senior Living550 NE Napoleon Dr., Blue Springs, MO
Cross Creek at Lee's Summit3320 NE Wilshire Dr, Lees Summit, MO
Addington Place of Lee's Summit2160 SE Blue Parkway, Lees Summit, MO
Cedarhurst of Blue Springs20551 E. Trinity Place, Blue Springs, MO
Villages of Jackson Creek3980 South Jackson Drive, Independence, MO
St. Mary's Village111 Mock Avenue , Blue Springs, MO
Benton House of Blue Springs1701 NW Jefferson Street, Blue Springs, MO
Bristol Manor of Oak Grove300 North Austin, Oak Grove, MO
We're there at every step
Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Grain Valley area find the assisted living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.
Get the insights you need to find the right community.
- See more than 2 reviews of assisted living communities in the Grain Valley area from residents and their loved ones.
- Browse our comprehensive directory of 11 assisted living communities in the Grain Valley area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Grain Valley
The charming suburban city of Grain Valley, Missouri, gives seniors a peaceful community vibe, and its convenient location along Interstate 70 offers easy access to the rest of the Kansas City Metropolitan Area. It is home to 2 assisted living facilities (ALF)and 14 others in nearby cities, including Blue Spring and Lee’s Summit. ALFs assist seniors with daily activities, such as meals and housekeeping. In Missouri, ALFs differ from residential care facilities; the latter accommodates residents who can find a path to safety unassisted. All ALFs and RCFs in Grain Valley, as in the rest of the state, are licensed by the Section for Long-Term Care Regulation of the Department of Health and Senior Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Grain Valley
- The overall cost of living in Grain Valley is lower than the national average, which is beneficial to seniors on a fixed income. Utilities and miscellaneous expenses are only slightly higher than average.
- Personal income, retirement income and private pensions are fully taxable in Missouri, while social security income and public pensions are partially taxed but may qualify eligible seniors for full exemption.
- Grain Valley is considered a safe place to live for seniors, with an overall crime rate significantly lower than both state and national averages.
- Public transit in the green community of Grain Valley is limited, with the nearest KCATA weekday bus available from the I-70 Park & Ride commuter lot in neighboring Blue Springs, Missouri, when going to downtown Kansas City. This is convenient for residents who have their own private transportation but not so convenient for seniors. However, shared-ride door-to-door transportation services by OATS Transit take seniors 65+ to their scheduled medical appointments within the city and in Blue Springs.
- The Grain Valley area has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospitals located in Blue Springs, Missouri.
- Grain Valley has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Grain Valley Community Center, an organization that holds monthly luncheons and other events for seniors and offers residents 65+ free lifetime membership to its fitness facility.
Paying for Assisted Living in Grain Valley
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Missouri
Assisted Living costs in Grain Valley start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Grain Valley and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Grain Valley
MO HealthNet, the Medicaid program of Missouri’s Department of Social Services, covers assisted living costs for eligible seniors in Grain Valley through one of a selection of 1915(c) Home and Community-Based Service waivers or the Consumer-Directed Services State Plan Personal Care program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Grain Valley
Grain Valley and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Grain Valley
Grain Valley-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Missouri are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page for more information about these laws.