Assisted Living in Hesperia
Foremost Retirement Community17581 Sultana, Hesperia, CA
D'Vine Home16123 Vine Street, Hesperia, CA
D'Desert Rose18101 Juniper St, Hesperia, CA
Mission Of Love II11991 7Th Avenue, Hesperia, CA
Caring Team Home Care9736 11Th Ave., Hesperia, CA
Sterling Inn17738 Francesca Road, Victorville, CA
Pacifica Senior Living Sierra Vista13815 Rodeo Drive, Victorville, CA
Brookdale Apple Valley11825 Apple Valley Road, Apple Valley, CA
Kar'n Care Home13201 Wrangler Lane, Victorville, CA
Maemar Manor14262 La Mesa Road, Victorville, CA
At A Glance
There are 23 assisted living communities in the city and surrounding suburbs to choose from. The average cost of assisted living in Hesperia is $2,566 per month, according to the latest estimates from Genworth.
We're there at every step
Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Hesperia area find the assisted living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.
Get the insights you need to find the right community.
- See more than 16 reviews of assisted living communities in the Hesperia area from residents and their loved ones.
- Browse our comprehensive directory of 23 assisted living communities in the Hesperia area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Hesperia
Located in San Bernadino County, Hesperia is known as a High Desert Community as it is part of the Mojave Desert. Seniors make up almost 10 percent of the population in Hesperia. For those who need help with activities of daily living, medication management and social activities, there are 23 residential care communities in the Hesperia area. Four are located in Hesperia, while 19 others are located nearby.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Hesperia
- Hesperia has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Percy Bakker Center, an organization that works in partnership with Hesperia Parks and Recreation to offer fitness and dancing taught by a National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM), CPR and First Aid Certified instructor, in addition to a quilting guild, garden club and weekday lunches.
- Hesperia is located in San Bernardino County which has received an air quality rating of F from the American Lung Association. The heavy pollution in this area could be a problem for seniors with a respiratory illness.
- The Hesperia area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Desert Valley Hospital and the St. Jude Health medical clinic, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Though the cost of living in Hesperia is only 9.7 percent higher than the state average, it's important for seniors on a budget to know that California's cost of living is 52.3 percent higher than the national average.
- It may give seniors living in Hesperia peace of mind to know that the crime rate is close to the national average. Violent crime is just 0.5 points above, while property crime is 34.6 which is under the U. S. average of 38.1.
- While Hesperia receives 283 sunny days a year and temperatures of 94 degrees in the summer, seniors who hate the cold or have limited mobility should keep in mind that winters reach a low of 33 degrees with seven inches of snow annually.
Paying for Assisted Living in Hesperia
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Hesperia start around $2,566 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Hesperia and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Hesperia
Qualified seniors who need help covering assisted living costs can apply to receive aid through California's Medicaid plan called Medi-Cal. There are four waivers for seniors, including the Assisted Living Waiver.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Hesperia
Hesperia and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Hesperia
Hesperia-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.