Reviews of Oakleaf Village of Lexington
Caring103683650 April 22, 2015
I visited this facility
Oakleaf Village of Lexington was excellent, and the staff was very pretty. It had two stories and a basement. They had a lot of activities. They take them to places, they have church services on Sunday, and they have a TV room. It's just a really good place.
Caring71512050 February 24, 2014
I am/was a resident of this facility
I would highly rate Oakleaf Village of Lexington because the people are very nice. The staff is very caring. I also like that they provide a lot of activities for the residents. They have bingo, singing groups that come in, and some crafts that we can do. They serve three meals a day and more or less the food is good. The facility is very conveniently located to drug stores and they do take the residents out once a week to go to wherever they need to go.
Sister Alice November 27, 2012
I am a friend or relative of a resident
Oakhaven is the Alzheimer unit at Oakleaf Village. My sister and I began visiting there when our other 55 year old sister was diagnosed with Alzheimer Disease. We continued to visit for reassurance that when we needed space that it would be available. A trip to the hospital and directive from the doctor that it was time, and they made ready for her. She began in the Assisted living area and was there almost 2 years before she could no longer remain there even with the highest level of assistance. The move to Oakhaven was done quite smoothly about 8 months ago. Her decline is coming more and more rapidly. Though she is quite physically able to walk, run, etc. her mind is shutting down more each day. The staff at this facility is unbelievable. They are knowledgeable, willing and most importantly, caring. Never have we seen a better staff. Never a raised voice; never an attitude of exasperation; always a joy at bringing care to those who so desperately need it. Of the 27 residents in Oakhaven, no two are alike. Our sister has been a true challenge to them due to her mobility and cognitive level. This is not a performance that they put on just when we are there. I live only 3 blocks from the facility and drop in at weird times. The facility is beautiful, someone from the administrative staff is always available, the care staff is well trained and pleasant. We are most happy that we found Oakleaf Village and Oakhaven Alzheimer's Unit to care for our "little sister."
HeatherC July 30, 2011
I am a friend or relative of a resident
Oakleaf Village is a wonderful facility. I have a family member in the Alzheimer's wing and the staff is absolutely amazing. Alzheimer's patients are not the easiest to work with but every member of the staff treats them with love, care and respect. There are lots of safety features to keep the residents content and prevent them from getting lost or wandering into dangerous areas. My family member has shown noticeable improvement in her demeanor and physical fitness since she moved to Oakleaf. She eats well and the meals are balanced, healthy, and enjoyable. Oakleaf staff always handles crisis calmly and brilliantly. They contact the family promptly to make decisions when it is not an emergency and they know how to keep her calm in spite of her not always understanding what is going on. The facility is really beautiful. Her room is pleasant and personal, really quite enjoyable to be in. The common room is well kept and clean with comfortable chairs and lots of options for visiting your family member. I highly recommend Oakleaf for family members with Alzheimer's. They take better care of her than we could hope to at home.
BartCheese June 13, 2011
Visited this facility
I visited Oakleaf village of Lexington about two months ago. It is the most welcoming assisted living facility I have ever been to, the staff was very helpful in telling me where everything is located and they generally seemed pleased to be working there. I sat down with a few residents of the facility and they told me about themselves and I asked them how they liked living there, and they only had positive things to say about the place. There are plenty of activities for the residents to participate in like bingo, shuffleboard, movie time, and an indoor swimming pool that was built recently. Oakleaf Village is a very nice place for the elderly and I would recommended any senior in the Lexington-Columbia area to go there.
From Oakleaf Village of Lexington
Our Mission is to serve you.......come experience the right blend of independence and personal assistance for your lifestyle. Step through our doors and be welcomed into a gracious community where friendly comforts await. You will discover that our parlor is as cozy as your own living room, perfect for entertaining family and friends, or a quiet moment by the fire.
A variety of activities each day assures you can be as active as you like. Our mission is to deliver a lifestyle geared for seniors that encompasses an enriched environment and upscale amenities with engaging social activities and a nurturing staff. The company places great value on family involvement among residents and employees.
- Choose from studio, one-bedroom, and two-bedroom apartments with the basic furniture package available at no additional cost.
- Our staff is available for daily support and around-the-clock assistance.
- Medication management using QuickMAR technology- the most advanced pharmacy software featuring integration with pharmacy and facility to provide day day-to-day communication between caregiver and pharmacy.
- Integrated emergency call system with wireless pendants for additional security.
- Onsite Physician services and in-house therapy Serviced by Fox Rehabilitation.
- Basic Cable and Wireless Internet included with monthly rent.
- Full service Beauty Salon.
- Comfortable, state-of-the are theater room.
- Restaurant style dining services for three meals per day (Limited Special Diets Available).
What Makes Us Special
We have a two different support groups that meets monthly at our community to help with the whole family.
Features of Oakleaf Village of Lexington
Technology and entertainment
- Cable TV in resident's rooms
- Technology extra: Emergency Call System
- Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas
- Medication Management
- Physical therapy
- Hospice care
Room and housing options
- 1-bedroom apartments
- 2-bedroom apartments
- Studio apartments
- Companion suites: We offer companion suites
- Beauty/Barber shop
- TV room
- Gardens/outside patio
- Parking for residents
- Transportation for residents (shuttle bus or similar)
- Shared space where residents can host parties
- Features extra: Library
- Some residents have in-room kitchenettes
- Meals in a shared dining room
- Organized offsite activities (outings, etc)
- Religious services
- Wii sports competition
- Guests can attend meals
- Guests can stay overnight
- Ample parking for guests
- Laundry service for clothes
- Laundry service for linens
- We charge monthly rent plus additional fees for specific care needs, as needed
- We charge an entry fee
- Minimum rate: $3,500/month
- Minimum memory care rate: $5,465/month
- Pets: Small pets allowed
- Staff patient ratio: 1 to 8
- We offer respite care (short term stays)
- Minimum age: None
- We help families understand VA benefits
- State License(s): CRC-1329
Location of Oakleaf Village of Lexington
Get Cost Information
Get full access to reviews, cost information, and amenities