7 Memory Care Facilities near Murrells Inlet, SC
Thrive at Prince Creek699 Prince Creek Parkway, Murrells Inlet, SC
Hope Arbor of Murrells Inlet12287 Hwy 707, Murrells Inlet, SC
Anderson Oaks Assisted Living997 Highway 90, Conway, SC
Myrtle Beach Estates3620 Happy Woods Court, Myrtle Beach, SC
Reflections Assisted Living219 Middleburg Drive, Myrtle Beach, SC
Arbor Landing at Pawleys10729 Ocean Highway, Pawleys Island, SC
The Lakes At Litchfield120 Lakes at Litchfield Dr. , Pawleys Island, SC
At A Glance
There are 7 Memory Care communities in the city and surrounding area to choose from, with an average cost of $4,545 per month.
We're there at every step
Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Murrells Inlet area find the memory care community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.
Get the insights you need to find the right community.
- Browse our comprehensive directory of 7 memory care communities in the Murrells Inlet area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.
What to Consider About Memory Care in Murrells Inlet
Long summers and short, mild winters are one of the things that draw seniors and their families to Murrells Inlet. Located along the Atlantic Coast of South Carolina, Murrells Inlet is home to approximately 2,200 seniors, some of whom account for the 79,000 individuals diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease or dementia in the state. To accommodate those individuals who are living in Murrells Inlet, there are two memory care facilities located within the city limits and five nearby in places like Myrtle Beach and Conway.
In Murrells Inlet and the state of South Carolina, memory care facilities are called Alzheimer’s Special Care Units (SCUs), which provide a secure and segregated program for those with a diagnosis of Alzheimer’s disease or other dementia.
- Murrells Inlet is home to world-class medical facilities, including those specializing in brain health and dementia care such as the Tidelands Waccamaw Community Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- The cost of living in Murrells Inlet is 101.1, which is only slightly higher than the national average of 100, but significantly higher than the state average of 94. Seniors may find it difficult to pay for memory care and other necessities when living within the city limits.
- Crime is ranked on a scale from one (low) to 100 (high). In Murrells Inlet, violent crime scores a 35.9, which is higher than the national average of 31.1. Property crime is ranked at 36.9, which is lower than the national average of 38.1. Seniors may feel safe and secure when inside their memory care facility, but they may not be as safe when running necessary errands in the city itself.
- Seniors over the age of 65 in Murrells Inlet and South Carolina have a deduction of $15,000 that can be applied across all types of retirement income. In addition, those who own property are exempt from property tax on the first $50,000.
Paying for Memory Care in Murrells Inlet
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in South Carolina
Memory Care costs in Murrells Inlet start around $4,545 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of memory care is $4,723 per month.
It’s important to note that memory care rates in Murrells Inlet and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Memory Care in Murrells Inlet
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Memory Care in South Carolina page.
More Ways to Pay for Memory Care
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for memory care, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance memory care costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance memory care, visit our Memory Care in South Carolina page.
Free Memory Care Resources in Murrells Inlet
Murrells Inlet and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Memory Care Facilities in Murrells Inlet
Directory of Winners in Murrells Inlet Area
Memory Care Laws and Regulations in Murrells Inlet
Murrells Inlet-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in South Carolina are required to follow. Visit our Memory Care in South Carolina page for more information about these laws.