Assisted Living in Ocean Springs
The Gardens1260 Ocean Springs Road, Ocean Springs, MS
Kare Med Assisted Living2701 Catherine Drive, Ocean Springs, MS
Brookdale Biloxi2120 Enterprise Dr., Biloxi, MS
Lemoyne Place14306 Lemoyne Blvd. , Biloxi, MS
Bay Cove Assisted Living680 Bay Cove Drive, Biloxi, MS
At A Glance
There are 5 assisted living communities in the city and surrounding suburbs to choose from. The average cost of assisted living in Ocean Springs is $2,850 per month, according to the latest estimates from Genworth.
We're there at every step
Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Ocean Springs area find the assisted living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.
Get the insights you need to find the right community.
- See more than 20 reviews of assisted living communities in the Ocean Springs area from residents and their loved ones.
- Browse our comprehensive directory of 5 assisted living communities in the Ocean Springs area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Ocean Springs
Ocean Springs is home to a settlement site founded by the French in 1699 earning it the name “The City of Discovery.” Seniors interested in residing here while receiving some help with daily living tasks will discover two Assisted Living Facilities in Ocean Springs and three in the nearby area.
Assisted Living Facilities in Ocean Springs, and all of Mississippi, are regulated by the Mississippi State Department of Health (MSDH) and defined by the state as premises that provide 24-hour supervision and personal care services to residents in a congregate living setting. Staff may assist residents with activities of daily living, such as medication management and household duties. Many facilities offer daily scheduled activities and socializing opportunities for seniors to learn and have fun.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Ocean Springs
- The American Lung Association gave Ocean Springs an Ozone rating of D for air quality. This may impact Seniors with a respiratory illness.
- Seniors can enjoy a low violent crime rate of 14.1 (1 being the lowest) compared to the national average of 31.1. Property crime can be of concern at 45.3 in comparison to the national average of 38.1.
- The cost of living in Ocean Springs is 6.50 lower than the national average. Seniors may be able to put more money in savings or afford better quality care.
- Ocean Springs is a very temperate city with no snowfall, a high of 90 degrees in July and a low of 42 degrees in January. Meaning seniors are able to enjoy the outdoors all year round in Ocean Springs.
- The Ocean Springs area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Ocean Springs Hospital Singing River Health System, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Social security checks, IRA income and 401(k) are tax exempt in the state of Mississippi. This allows seniors to have more money for long-term care and daily living costs.
Paying for Assisted Living in Ocean Springs
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Mississippi
Assisted Living costs in Ocean Springs start around $2,850 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Ocean Springs and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Ocean Springs
Seniors who qualify can receive aid for assisted living costs through the Mississippi Division of Medicaid. There is no non-Medicaid funding for assisted living costs at this time.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Mississippi page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Mississippi page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Ocean Springs
Ocean Springs and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Ocean Springs
Ocean Springs-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Mississippi are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Mississippi page for more information about these laws.