Reviews of West Suburban Nursing & Rehab Center

Posted by KPSCOTT February 15, 2015
2.0

My step-mother was placed in this facility two weeks ago...Jan 30, 2015. This place is not impressive. There are serious deficits in the areas of patient care, maintenance, food services and nursing. The odor of urine permeates the first floor.....the staff in housekeeping are standing around working hard at looking busy! The telephone in my mom's room has been inoperable for two weeks! This still exists after repeated requests to nursing and maintenance for repair. It seemed like they wanted to deliberately cut her off from communicating with family.....this is a very cruel thing to do to a senior who depends on maintaining communication with out of town family. Not a good place!

Posted by romito December 16, 2014
2.0

My mother was only in the nursing facility for 3 months and I did like the care she seemed to get from her nurses Peter and AJ. There was a CNA named David who was always friendly and helpful. Facility was always clean. I must admit though, when my mother passed away I was very upset and disappointed that my family and I did not receive a sympathy card. I even received better from my Vet when my dog passed away. From that day on it was like she never existed. This is disturbing to me. You show your true colors at that moment. Makes me wonder how she was treated when I wasn't around visiting.

Posted by SarahPf30 December 05, 2014

My mother has had multiple health complications and has been in and out of West Suburban. She is currently awaiting her permanent residence there, as her needs grown much larger than to be on her own, and I couldn't be happier that she is coming back! The staff is beyond understanding and extremely supportive! Our family isn't very big, and when my mother wasn't at the facility, 2 staff members would always ask how she was doing, how WE were doing, and always wish her well! Allison and Michelle continue to be amazing support to myself and my family! It's one of the hardest decisions to make, but knowing your loved one is in amazing care makes it a little easier!

Posted by Concerned for loved one July 25, 2013
1.0

Horribly neglectful lack of care. Care plans not followed. Average nurse/CNA response time was 2 -3 HOURS. My relative had a bad bed sore, was hospitalized for sepsis 4 times during the 9 months at this facility before I could transfer him elsewhere. His muscles contracted to an extreme degree due to a failure to perform simple therapy mandated in his care plan. It has taken over a year at a better facility to return his muscles to their normal positions (ie straighten his legs). Reeked of urine, feces; my relative was soiled on every nearly every visit. Oxygen was not on his face. I would not send my worst enemy's dog to West Suburban.

Posted by Rosesarentred July 24, 2013
2.0

Friendly staff but lacks staffing. 2 CNA’s to 35+ residents. Long hallways. A bed , nightstand and closet and maybe some room for visitors to sit comfortably.

Posted by Social Wk Care Mngr December 19, 2011
3.0

This is a large facility that has a good number of resident with significant medical and care needs. It is situated a few blocks off the main road in a quiet, safe suburban neighborhood. There is not much real designated outdoor space however. The interior of the building is fairly well maintained and appropriately decorated though it has an institutional feel overall. The main level and each floor has common areas that can be full often due to the large number of residents. The hallways are long as each floor so that rooms far from the nurses station are truly pretty far, though this is hard to avoid in facilities of this size and type. Rooms are generally shared though some private rooms are available. Size of rooms is average, with not too much space for personal items or storage. Some rooms do have windows with views of trees while others look into the parking lot. The food is somewhat lackluster overall though some meals can be surprisingly good. Direct care varies some, with some long term staff who are very skilled and commited and other staff who are new and turn over frequently. There can be long wait times to get assistance depending on how busy staff is at a given time Historically the facility has been willing to manage very ill residents who may not be accepted at other facilities, which can make it a choice for families of the very ill who plan to be at bedside and overseeing care.

Medicare Ratings

Medicare provider number: 145333

Health
2.0
Overall
2.0
Quality