Forwood Manor

1912 Marsh Road, Wilmington, DE, 19810

Reviews of Forwood Manor

Caring82445450 June 27, 2014

My dad is at Forwood Manor. The general entranceway is a little larger and more inviting. We like the porch areas that my father now has. They have a more extensive activities calendar. They have concerts, buses to the nearby stores, bingo. They have therapy on-site. On their newsletter, they have celebrations for birthdays of staff and the residents. There has been a cookout on Memorial Day and an Easter egg hunt and families have come. The staff is friendly and outgoing. I feel it is very homey, welcoming, inviting, bright, and cheery. The food was very good, and portions are appropriate for seniors. They have quite a variety every day.

Caring63086550 November 24, 2013

Because I wanted to just go away for a week or so, I inquired about Forwood Manor. Everything there seemed very pleasant. However, once I've heard the details of respite care and if I qualify, I didn't get into any real details about the whole facility. The place was very clean and everything seemed nice. The one staff that I met was very friendly. I didn't see any activities though.

Caring69844950 October 11, 2013

I chose Forwood Manor mainly because it's close to my daughter and myself. My sister-in-law has Parkinson's and needed a lot of care so I do appreciate all the information that we got from you folks. I think she's settled happily. They seem to be very concerned and the other residents are very pleasant and helpful. I've been there for lunch mainly and the food is very good.

caring0129113 February 09, 2013

My dad is doing very well at Forwood Manor. Everything has been very good and we haven't had any complaints whatsoever. I think the staff is great. They treat him very well, and they're very attentive. He has been gaining weight while he's there. So he must be enjoying the food. We actually went there and had lunch with him a couple of times. It was very good. Everything has been taken care of. We're very impressed and very happy.

1121 August 21, 2012

It is hard to tell yet, as he has only been a resident for a little over two weeks. So far everything has been good and he seems to like it there. The facility is clean and the food is good. The staff is nice and seems pretty accommodating

bcolts18 June 23, 2012

My aunt, Nunny we called her, lived at this facility. She was very sweet, and Forwood Manor seemed to treat her well. I really enjoyed the hospitality service they had there. When we would go visit her she always had someone in her room saying hello. She was very bubbly and a true woman. All of the employees and residents loved her. Sadly, she died about two years after being admitted to Forwood, however I never thought it was a bad place. I really enjoyed the look of the place, and especially the location. The food was always great, and if it weren't, my aunt I'm sure would have let us know. She was always crazy about food. Another aspect that I enjoyed about Forwood Manor was it's living space. My aunt loved her room. She had more space in her room at Forwood than she had in any other room she had in her entire life! Overall, Forwood was great. But, you get what you paid for. And she paid a hell of a lot to live in bliss.

From Forwood Manor

Forwood Manor is a full service, continuing care rental retirement community. We have 140 independent living apartments, 37 assisted living suites, and a 72-bed health care center for rehabilitative skilled nursing on-site. The apartments operate on rental basis - no endowment or purchase required. In Independent Living and Assisted Living we offer spacious, private suites with one level of living; family-style dining with menu options; a variety of comfortable and tastefully-appointed community areas with artwork; acres of beautiful landscaping with outdoor areas to walk and relax; weekly housekeeping and flat linen service; social, educational, spiritual and recreational activities; scheduled local transportation service available; concierge services; maintenance of building and grounds; 24-hour emergency call response system provided.

From the moment we meet a resident, our goal is to learn as much as we can. By caring enough to listen to seniors and their families, we can create a fulfilling lifestyle where all involved can be at ease and comfortable. Our personal touch is seen in everything we do, from our life-enriching activities to our home-cooked meals.

Features of Forwood Manor

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• We charge an entry fee

• We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: None