Homewood at Sun City Center

3910 Galen Ct., Sun City Center, FL, 33573

Reviews of Homewood at Sun City Center

November 20, 2012

By Tdixon

When I first pulled into the parking lot I noticed that the facility was a large 3 story building similar to a small hotel. After walking in I noticed that it was beautiful inside. I was offered a tour and noticed that there is a large library for residents, an enclosed patio, physical therapy room, recreation room and sitting rooms. The dinning room is large and offers outside views while eating. I was able to look at several available apartments and noticed that they were all very spacious and the facility is able to offer quite a few different floor plans. I did notice that there were several types of studio apartments as well.The staff all appeared to be very friendly and helpful and Homewood Residence offers 24 hour nursing care. The facility also has an area that is for Alzheimer's and Dementia residence.There are many activities offered to the residents along with outdoor excursions to shop or restaurants. I did notice on their activities calendar that they have volleyball tournaments, theatre excursions, trips to Tampa Bay Symphony, there are bridge games, Wii bowling and other games.All in all I think that the facility keeps the residents very active if the resident desires that or if the resident wants to just spend a day relaxing they can do that too.

October 07, 2012

By caring10051

Homewood at Freedom Plaza was very clean, modern and kept up nicely. They're very courteous and friendly, they did very well. From what I could see it looks very respectable.

August 10, 2012

My mom is currently in a memory care facility in Clare Bridge. It's a part of Homewood Residence. She's been staying in this facility for 18 months now. We chose this facility for her since it's close to where I live. It's just 5 minutes away. I'm visiting her almost every day. Everything is fine. They've done a nice job. She's well taken care of and that's what matters. The reason I have to move her in another facility like a nursing home particularly, is because her doctor wants to have more hands-on care, because she falls a lot and she can't walk. She's confined to a wheelchair. She needed to have a 24-hour care. Well, she's happy as anybody that has Dementia can be. The good thing is that she's definitely eating well. Her experience being in Clare Bridge has been really good. It's the best thing. As of the moment, I'm still looking for a nursing home for my mom. Everyone that I've got in touch with has a waiting list that's over 20, so I haven't found any. For now, mom will continue to stay in Homewood Residence of Clare Bridge until such time we find a new home for her. I would definitely recommend Homewood Residence of Clare Bridge to others.

November 28, 2011

By virtual reader

When I first pulled into the parking lot I noticed that the facility was a large 3 story building similar to a small hotel. After walking in I noticed that it was beautiful inside. I was offered a tour and noticed that there is a large library for residents, an enclosed patio, physical therapy room, recreation room and sitting rooms. The dinning room is large and offers outside views while eating. I was able to look at several available apartments and noticed that they were all very spacious and the facility is able to offer quite a few different floor plans. I did notice that there were several types of studio apartments as well. The staff all appeared to be very friendly and helpful and Homewood Residence offers 24 hour nursing care. The facility also has an area that is for Alzheimer’s and Dementia residence. There are many activities offered to the residents along with outdoor excursions to shop or restaurants. I did notice on their activities calendar that they have volleyball tournaments, theatre excursions, trips to Tampa Bay Symphony, there are bridge games, wii bowling and other games. All in all I think that the facility keeps the residents very active if the resident desires that or if the resident wants to just spend a day relaxing they can do that too.

Photos of Homewood at Sun City Center

Features of Homewood at Sun City Center

About Homewood at Sun City Center

Homewood at Freedom Plaza provides our residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each assisted living and Alzheimer's care resident the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the proper lifestyle and care accommodations as their needs change.

Map of Homewood at Sun City Center