GrandeVille Senior Living Community

555 Maiden Lane, Rochester, NY, 14616

Reviews of GrandeVille Senior Living Community

A.G June 08, 2017

My grandmother has been at the facility now for 2 yrs. She has COPD and is confined often to her room. I find the staff to be extremely patient, helpful and compassionate with her. She has a lovely room which is always kept clean and neat. I can not say enough about the care she has been given. I have stopped in at all times during the day and evening and have yet to find something to complain about.

rexdigennaro April 07, 2017

i live there and they all ways give me a hard time giving me my money that i have in there bank.

Debby681317 March 08, 2017

There aren't any openings yet at Grandeville Senior, but my visit was very good. The problem is that it's a very small community. The rooms and staff were nice. The dining area was fine. Their prices were pretty reasonable.

John247444 February 10, 2017

Grande’Ville Senior Living Community has been freshly remodeled. It has new flooring, new walls, new décor, and new furniture so it looks nice when you first walk in the door. It has a very simple layout. I think the staff and the residents were very nice, very accommodating, and friendly. My dad gets meals everyday, and if they want something in between, they always get him whatever what they want. He likes the food; he says it’s good. They have a lot of different activities. They’ll take him on little trips. They take them to the store a couple of times a week. They have doctor’s appointments. They have a movie theater room that’s set up really nice. They can go watch movies and have free popcorn. They have activity rooms there where they have puzzles and games and all kinds of things to keep them busy.

Kathy070412 November 01, 2016

Grandeville had 24hr nursing care, so they had a nurse on the premises. They clean their room, but the rooms were small. They get three meals a day with snacks, and I like everything else.`

Julia24 February 29, 2016

My mother spent a couple of weeks at the Grandville. The food was pretty good, it was pretty decent, and the staff was pretty caring. They seem to have a calendar of stuff happening. They have a small single room with a bathroom, it was pretty clean, and kept well.

Friend of GV November 26, 2015

Other

GrandeVille is such a nice cozy, family orientated community! With all the new places that are built that resemble hotels, my friend felt uncomfortable there. The staff is wonderful, maintenance goes out of their way to help, and the family business can't be beat! Prices are the best I found and so very clean. There are at least 7 activities daily and they even went to the Bills Training Camp this year! Yes the rooms aren't huge but who wants to sit in your room all day. Lots of sitting areas located all over and family events galore. I'd highly recommend GrandeVille to anyone.

Anonymous99194150 February 10, 2015

We ended up placing my parents in Grand’Ville Senior Living. They offer enhanced care and assisted living. My mother needed enhanced care, and my father needed assisted living so they could be together. The staff is very nice and very helpful, but they do not seem to have enough staff. The dining area is nice. The private rooms are very small. The facility is maybe 10 to 15 minutes away from a hospital.

Lynda W January 08, 2015

My mother has been at this facility now for almost 2 years. She has COPD and is confined a lot to her room by her own choice. I found the staff to be extremely patient with her and as helpful and compassionate as possible. She has a lovely room which is kept clean and neat. I cannot say enough about the care she has been given. I have stopped in at all times during the day and evening and have yet to find something that I could complain about.

rickc120 August 19, 2014

This facility took such good care of my Grandmother. The care was excellent. Everyone smiles and goes above and beyond to make sure the residents are happy. My Grandmother would go on and on about all the nice people. The activities were great as well. They would go on trips and outings as well as plenty to do at home too. My Grandma loved BINGO as well as the exercise classes. Weekend movies and popcorn was another favorite of hers. The maintenance and housekeeping staff were always on top of there game as well. They are making so many new renovations as well since I've gone back to visit. It looks terrific. I recommend this place to anyone who is looking for care for a loved one.

Protolys November 28, 2012

Though the facilities at GrandeVille were not terrific, the treatment my grandmother received during her stay here was generally hospitable and helpful. The staff always seemed to be on hand when necessary, which is monumental in how those living here felt. As far as the environment, what was included (furniture, food, etc.) were bare bones. However, for the relatively low price that we paid per month to have my grandmother stay justify the living conditions. Those living in the facility were definitely given special treatment, and the staff overall seemed very respectful toward residents. My grandma's reviews were generally positive- she noted especially the assistance and support that was always around. Again, though, I would recommend going elsewhere if you can afford it. There was very little extra here, and it seemed in a way as if the residents were expected simply to get by with what they have. I think that, for somebody who you really respect, if possible you should give them more. Still, if that is not a possibility, GrandeVille is a solid choice.

Belle62 October 07, 2012

The establishment is a bit older looking, but clean. Most of the staff seem friendly, but not terribly involved with the clients. I would see many walking around with nothing much to do. The menus posted were very un impressive. Compared to other facilities I have visited, I would not recommend this place to anyone wishing for a cheery, upbeat atmosphere.

PattyPsch August 28, 2012

Grand Ville Senior Living Facility was a place where my mother lived for about 5 years of her life. She was admitted there when our family moved her to Rochester from a facility that she was living in California. Grand Ville is a private paid facility. It isn't overly expensive as my mother's pension and social security covered her expenses. I figure that was why it seemed somewhat rundown. It was always clean but it seemed a little shabby. The furniture and lighting was dreary. The staff wasn't too bad, some better than others. I do feel that my mother was left to her own devices a bit more than I would have liked. She would sometimes act up, as she had progressively declining dementia, and the staff could be a little rough. I don't think it was a bad place or that she was treated unkindly, but I wasn't overly impressed with the care that she got there either. It was a middle of the road facility. When we moved her to the facility in Mt Morris (a State run facility) that was when I realized how shabby and middling Grand Ville really was. The private paid facility compared unfavorably to the State run facility in every capacity. Overall Grand Ville was depressing and disappointing. I was glad when we moved her to a more cheerful, uplifting facility.

From GrandeVille Senior Living Community

We are one of the few privately run and family owned adult care senior living communities in Rochester. Trust that you or your loved one will receive only the best and most compassionate care at GrandeVille Senior Living Community. Our professional, adult care staff and extensive services including Assisted Living, Memory Care, Adult Day Care and Enhanced Care provide incomparable comfort.

Our homey, senior community is located in the heart of Greece, New York and features all the comforts of a traditional home while offering a continuum of adult care from Traditional Assisted Living to Memory Care.

Assisted Living in Rochester, NY

The Assisted Senior Living Community at GrandeVille is nestled on a five-acre, park-like campus in the Town of Greece, New York and serves the needs of seniors and their families throughout the greater Rochester NY area. For over four decades, GrandeVille has provided a special place for seniors to live independently amongst friends with a caring and professional staff. Located conveniently close to specialty shopping, restaurants, churches, professional offices, and various medical facilities, our goal is to provide each resident with the opportunity to maintain their highest possible level of independence.

OUR VERY AFFORDABLE SERVICES INCLUDE

• Three home cooked meals and three nutritious snacks are provided daily.
  • 24-hour staffing and an emergency call system is provided for all of our residents.
  • Personal Care Assistance is provided in the morning, evening, and as needed. Our Resident Care Staff provides assistance with showers and/or baths on a regular basis.
  • Assistance with medication and nutritional management.
  • On-site Case Managers provide assistance with your personal or financial needs.
  • Housekeeping, maintenance, laundry and linen services are provided on a regular basis.
  • Transportation to all of the recreational outings is included.
  • Therapeutic Recreation Programs are offered daily. Non-denominational spiritual services are available weekly in our chapel.

Memory Care in Rochester, NY

The Mary Regina Memory Care Community is a very special care community in Rochester NY for those with Alzheimer’s disease or other memory impairments. A state-of-the-art memory care facility, Mary Regina is designed as a “household concept” that includes a country kitchen providing a home-like setting where residents and staff dine together. Our specialized memory care community allows our residents a safe and secure environment with delayed egress doors, an enclosed courtyard, and walking paths. Our daily life enrichment activities program provides both physical and emotional stimulation beneficial to Alzheimer patient care.

MEMORY CARE SERVICES INCLUDE

• Medication and Nutrition Management as prescribed by your physician.
  • Housekeeping, maintenance, laundry and linen services provided on a regular basis.
  • Personal care assistance provided in the morning, evening, and as needed.
  • Bathing assistance with showers and/or baths on a regular basis.
  • 24-hour professional staffing and an emergency call system.
  • Life enrichment programs provided daily. See activities schedule.
  • Transportation to all of the recreational outings.
  • Case Managers provide assistance with your personal or financial needs.

We welcome you to tour our newly renovated senior community and learn for yourself why so many local Greece and Rochester NY area seniors call us home. Please give us a call to schedule a free tour.

Features of GrandeVille Senior Living Community