Royal Palm Retirement Centre

2500 Aaron St, Port Charlotte, FL, 33952

Reviews of Royal Palm Retirement Centre

John116310850 February 29, 2016

We stayed for two nights in independent living. Staff was competent and gracious. We plan to use this facility when we are ready.

Bill118777950 January 24, 2016

Royal Palm is a much older building. The staff was very friendly, and the people seemed really good. It wasn’t quite as homey, and appeared more hospital like. They have activities, and they have a calendar.

Anonymous114431950 November 08, 2015

My sister ended up choosing Royal Palm. The staff was very friendly. The environment seemed clean. We had lunch there, and it was OK; it wasn’t great. Their apartments were clean, but not spacious. It's very small.

Theresa36 October 28, 2015

My uncle was at Royal Palm Retirement Centre. They included all meals, activities, and transportation. Also they didn't charge for his parking because he has his own car. The admission staff was wonderful. The rest of the staff that we met, they were all very good and sweet. They couldn't do enough, and they were wonderful. I absolutely recommend them. The room had nice amenities. Everything was new. The bathroom was easy access, where they could have an additional person to help come in to the bathroom with them. The shower and the bath were very nice. Overall, it was a very nice building.

Reeba September 30, 2015

The only one that we really like was Royal Palms. They were very courteous and helpful. My sister and I met with one of the representatives who showed us the amenities and the rooms that would be available for my mother. We really enjoyed that facility and are pretty sure that she may end up residing there. She is just not ready at this point, but we were doing our investigation. The amenities -- there was a nice dining hall, a gathering room for the residents with the big T.V., card playing, games, singing, and different things that my mom would enjoy. The rooms was unfurnished, and they were nice enough to show us a room that one of the residents allowed us to come in and look at how they had it decorated which was so bright, and they could turn a nice cozy room for my mom.

Caring113652450 September 30, 2015

I am planning on staying here at Royal Palm Retirement Centre for at least another year. I have been here for three and a half years now. I am happy with the staff. I am not too pleased with the food; the food could improve significantly. I am happy with the facility. They have a lot of common areas that is important to me. We have a separate TV room, a library, and a game room. I am quite happy with the fact that there are about 180 residents here, and the reason for that is that prior to moving here I was very lonely living in a condominium; here, I see many faces and many people to talk. That is about the sum and substance of why I do like it here. What I was considering the most, it had to do with being closer to family, not because I was not happy with Royal Palm.

They have a bus that takes us out to picnics once in a while. The same bus will take us shopping if we need to, the bus will take you on medical visits whenever you need, and there are many outdoor activities we plan. Sometimes, it’s just a walk in the park. They are quite good.

Albert11 July 29, 2015

The building inside was quite nice, the people were folksy, and everybody seemed happy. The facilities were all more than good enough. They had weekly happy hour. The problem was the presentation from the street was not very good. Royal Palm Retirement Centre was in a crowded commercial area surrounded by vast shopping lots and parking lots, very metropolitan, not much room for a tree to be planted, and a rather difficult process of even getting into the front door. You had to figure out where you're going to put your car and then walk some distance to get in. But once you're in, they give you the service that you'd like to have. It's very clean and very attractive, but it's an entirely different flavor. It was a very nice facility indeed but a little older, and because of the number of floors, the density of population is necessarily higher. The staff were nice and accommodating.

Caring103788750 March 31, 2015

I visited Royal Palm. It is an older building, and it is multi-stories. My biggest concern there is the single elevator for the whole building which I didn't think was adequate. The apartments were very nice. It has a balcony which is very nice so that the senior has a place to look out, sit, and get some sun. I saw the dining room. It is one large dining room where everyone can eat together. I happened to be there right around meal time, and the people seemed eager to get in there to eat. It is older, and it didn't seem modern. The décor is dated.

Chauncey January 24, 2015

I visited the Royal Palm, and the tour was done very professionally. All of my questions were answered by the director. The facility was very clean. The residents seemed to be well cared for and happy. The staff was very professional. They showed a caring environment. I would feel comfortable putting my sister there. The reason I chose this facility is because they have memory care.

anonymous100392450 January 19, 2015

I have two or three friends in Royal Palm. I think their rooms were too small. I do not think that they were adequate at all. I tried their food, and it was good.

patricia9151 August 13, 2014

My mother-in-law is in the independent living side at Royal Palm Retirement Centre. I like their array of services and the fact that it is a graduated facility, so that should she deteriorate she doesn't have to leave that facility. It does not have a nursing home component, but it does have a memory care unit and it has an assisted living side with nursing care. She has a one-bedroom apartment. It has a little kitchenette, bathroom, nice walk-in closet, and living room; it is very pretty. Food is okay and they give them options: small, medium, and large portions, so that they have some choice in terms of both the amount and the meal portions. There is a main dining room that they go down to, but if she is ill they will send the meal up. There is a nurse on the staff. The other thing that I really like is they are bringing doctors in from the community who actually serve as primary care physicians for the residents, so that they don't have to travel to the doctor's office. They can see the doctor there at the facility. It is very nice. I am very pleased.

Caring83255150 April 10, 2014

We chose Royal Palm because it is affordable. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The rooms are unfurnished but very nice and just what we needed. I have not tasted the food, but my grandmother hasn't complained about it. They have activities like card games, ice cream socials, and they have people come in. They have a beauty shop. They have outings.

DoeADeer December 12, 2013

I work as a home health professional in Port Charlotte and routinely see several patients at Royal Palms. The staff is always very friendly and willing to help in any way. The activity girls are always doing something fun with their residents and everyone seems to genuinely like living there.

Caring73302150 October 30, 2013

A friend of mine recommended Royal Palm and I went down to look at it. It was one of the least expensive. It was very nice and several things just fell into place, so I said this is our place. The rooms are very nice and it's like a nice hotel. My mom has one of the smaller rooms with its own private balcony and a screened in lanai. She's on the 4th floor and it came fully furnished. She has two closets, a bathroom and a kitchenette, a refrigerator and a microwave but no oven. They have all the activities you can think of; they have a TV room, a library, an activities room where they play games. They have transportation to and from all the stores and places in the area. They do all activities from exercising to bingo. They have a dining room where they serve three meals a day. I've eaten there several times and the food was excellent. They also have an ice cream stand and a little cafe. Royal Palm is a pretty nice, little place to live where people care about you.

Jeanette8 July 24, 2013

At Royal Palm Ret Centre, my daughter went into one of the rooms and her feet got stuck in the floor of the kitchen area. It was not clean enough. Every once in awhile, the residents didn't leave their rooms because they had staph infections. There was a lot of problem with that.

Katherine5 June 13, 2013

The staff at Royal Palm Ret Center was great, but I think they could do more for my mom. My mom told me that they don't do anything. So I don't know if it's just my mother complaining or they really don't do anything.

Linda67270550 May 14, 2013

This place has more help than the others I visited. I was not happy with the room that they showed me that was available. It was too small and looked more like a cage to me or a cave, I didn't like it at all. The view out the window was the roof of another building. The place is clean and everything looked fine except the room they showed me that was available. I was not that pleased with the person I interacted with there, she seemed that she was too busy and had no time for me.

John39 May 11, 2013

I visited Royal Palm Ret Centre and this would be my first choice because of the location and price. The staff were really nice because they went out of their way to help me. The apartment I saw was big enough for one person. They served three meals a day.

weaverhe February 17, 2012

My grandparents moved into the Royal Palms Retirement Centre a few years ago, and they love it. Every time I've visited, I love it just as much. The Centre offers levels of assistance, from independent living to total care in the nursing home. My grandparents live in an independent living apartment. The apartment is spacious and great for visiting, with a small kitchen, bedroom, bathroom and a generously-sized living room. There is even a sun room, great for spending some time alone with either grandparent. They get two meals a day in the dining room, so whenever I visit, I always accompany them. The food is delicious and filling, but healthy at the same time. The dining room staff is wonderful, and the chef is always coming around to the tables. The staff takes the time and care to learn the name of each and every resident that comes to their dining room, making it a great experience. If my grandfather wants to take his grandkids for a special treat, he always takes us to the ice cream shop and cafe for sandwiches and sundaes. The centre has great hotel-like accomodations, great for when my whole family visits. These rooms have a bedroom, living room, bathroom and small kitchen as well, with plenty of space to spread out and get comfortable. There is a lot for guests to do, as well as residents. We regularly frequent the huge swimming pool, shuffleboard courts and game rooms. I love knowing that my grandparents are very involved in such a great community. My grandfather teaches computer classes to residents, and my grandmother is involved in several book and craft groups. I feel reassured to know that my grandparents have a comfortable life, with great staff around to check up on them and take care of them when needed. The Royal Palms Retirement Centre is great for my grandparents, great to visit and gives me great peace of mind.

From Royal Palm Retirement Centre

At Royal Palm Retirement Centre, we offer seniors a broad range of retirement lifestyles to choose from, including varying levels of care. Simply put, Royal Palm provides seniors what they need, when they need it.

Community Features

Activity Room, Fitness Room, Game and Card Room, Barber/Beauty Salon, TV Lounge, Library, Laundry Facilities, Outdoor Gazebo, Parking, Full Service Dining Room

Apartment Features

Cable TV, Carpet and Draperies, Emergency Response System, Handicap/Barrier-Free Units Available, Individual Heating and Air Conditioning, Kitchenette, Patio or Balcony, Private Apartment, Telephone Hookup

Features of Royal Palm Retirement Centre