Walden's View Senior Living

7990 Route 30, North Huntingdon, PA, 15642

Reviews of Walden's View Senior Living

July 01, 2016

By jmi

The memory care facility has high turnover and it seems there is never enough staff around to help. I've seen people slide out of their chairs and have been there when people fell. I've seen human feces on the floor and wheel chairs roll through it and residents in socks walk through it.. My loved one has had missing clothing, (so I've had to purchase more socks and underwear,) has been slapped by another resident, has had skin tears and bruises that I don't know how it happened and I discovered there was an ER visit when I got a bill from the insurance company 3 weeks afterward. Noone even called me about . In memory care, the residents can't tell you what is happening so you have to really be watching and be their advocate. The cost is $4000/month so I would expect better. It's dirty and shabby. Renovations have been going on for many months but not a lot of progress. Hopefully it will be better when the renovations are complete, but for now the furniture is stained and has visible ancient crumbs and old lint balls in the crevices, there is mold and stains in the bathroom, torn screen on the window in the bedroom, and foul odor as soon as you get on the elevator.

November 30, 2015

By anonymous116559850

Walden’s View wasn’t as clean and nice as the other place I visited. I think it’s actually very dirty. They have activities, but they need to improve employee attitudes.

September 08, 2015

We’ve put my mother-in-law into Walden's View Senior Living. The facility is very clean; the aides are helpful and kind. The rooms are a little bit older. They told us there are some rooms that are updated with new bathrooms, but where my mother-in-law is, it has not been updated. The dining room is very nice and bright. The food itself is good; they will post a menu, and then they will change it, so she will go into dinner and think she’s going for one thing, so she was a little disappointed about that. They do a lot of activities; everyday they have something for the residents to do.

January 16, 2015

My mother is here, and it is very clean and very home-like. The staff are very caring and communicate pretty well. They have people who come in and do different things with the patients. They have sing-alongs and perform plays, and they have activities throughout the day.

November 30, 2014

By Teresa38

The facility is nice. I’m very happy with it so far. She’s only been there a week, but the staff seemed very nice, very competent, and very caring. The facility itself used to be a hotel so the area that they used for the dining room is the dining room for the hotel. The reason I chose this is because its 5 minutes from my house.

Photos of Walden's View Senior Living

Services & Amenities of Walden's View Senior Living

• Minimum Memory Cost: $3950/month
  • Fee Structure Extra: We Offer A Month To Month Rental

• Housing Extra: Shared/Private Studios For Assisted Living Private Studios For Memory Care

• Features Extra: Library, Fitness Room/Gym

• Tai Chi

• Minimum Age: None

About Walden's View Senior Living

Walden's View Senior Living provides a high standard of care for seniors. Our community is designed specifically for seniors suffering from Alzheimer's and other forms of dementia.

We offer an innovated and forward-thinking approach, ensuring a high quality of life for seniors and peace of mind for their loved ones. Each member of our care team has undergone specialized training, allowing us to provide a consistently high standard of care.

Our wonderful seniors enjoy access to a wide range of services and amenities, including:

• Meals provided, with accommodations for special dietary needs and preferences
  • On-site beautician and barber services
  • Well-appointed common areas with comfortable seating and fireplaces
  • Housekeeping and laundry services
  • Conveniently located near public transportation
  • Outside patio garden
  • Pet-friendly community that accommodates dogs and cats

We enjoy a high quality of life while their loved ones can rest assured that needs are being met. Our community promotes the freedom, individuality and importance of each resident. We are proud of our beautiful community, and we look forward to having you join us for fun and enrichment.

Walden's View Senior Living is a senior community located in North Huntingdon, Pennsylvania, which is a city in Westmoreland County. This beautiful city is home to several historic sites, such as the Fullerton Inn, as well as easy access to shopping, dining and recreational opportunities. Whether you are relocating to this city or planning a weekend trip to North Huntington, you will enjoy exploring all that it has to offer.

Map of Walden's View Senior Living