Talk to a Family Advisor:
From Pickering Manor
Pickering Manor is a 5 Star Nursing, Rehabilitation, Personal Care and Independent Living Community. Pickering Manor, a premier center for senior living, was opened in 1963 thanks to the generosity of Mr Henry Russell Pickering. He bequeathed his home and a sum of money for the creation of a retirement centre to serve the older citizens of Newtown and vicinity. This unique non-profit retirement community is located in historic Newtown and is owned and operated by the Community Welfare Council of Newtown. Even after extensive growth, Pickering Manor continues to be funded solely by revenues from its residents and from generous donations from individuals, local businesses and community organizations.
Our mission is to support the people of our community to achieve the highest levels of independence, personal fulfillment and continued quality of life.
Our unique approach to retirement living is enjoyed by many of our residents. Our offerings feature:
- Independent Living Cottages and Apartments – We have an attractive selection of cottages and apartments available for rent on a one year contract. Floor plans are available upon request.
- Personal Care and Skilled Nursing – We offer a range of nationally accredited services our 22 beds Personal Care area offering assisted living services and have 47 licensed Skilled Nursing beds. These sections of our community have 24 hr nursing staff in the facility, laundry services, activities, housekeeping and medication management.
- Rehabilitation Services – Occupational therapy, as well as physical and speech therapy programs are offered to residents to enhance mobility and quality of life.
For over 50 years, we have made a meaningful difference in the lives of senior citizens with our dedication to enhancing quality of life and honoring the dignity of each individual. Today, we help seniors live life to the fullest by providing exceptional care services and a lovely place to call home sweet home.
What Makes Us Special
Pickering Manor is a 5 Star Nursing Facility where the care of our Residents is our highest priority. Quality Care by People who Care.
Features of Pickering Manor
Technology and entertainment
- Cable TV in resident's rooms
- Internet in residents' rooms
- Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas
- Medication Management
- Skilled nursing
- Physical therapy
- Hospice care
Room and housing options
- 1-bedroom apartments
- 2-bedroom apartments
- Studio apartments
- Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites
- Beauty/Barber shop
- Computer room
- TV room
- Gardens/outside patio
- Parking for residents
- Transportation for residents (shuttle bus or similar)
- Shared space where residents can host parties
- Arts, woodworking, craft
- Organized offsite activities (outings, etc)
- Religious services
- Lectures and discussions
- Book clubs
- Wii sports competition
- Guests can attend meals
- Ample parking for guests
- Laundry service for clothes
- Laundry service for linens
- We charge monthly rent plus additional fees for specific care needs, as needed
- Fee structure extra: Cottages have Entrance Fee
- Minimum rate: $1,210/month
- Meals in a shared dining room
- Pets: Small pets allowed
- Staff patient ratio: 1:8
- We offer respite care (short term stays)
- Minimum age: 55
- Licenses: 160802
- We help families understand VA benefits
Reviews of Pickering Manor
No Reviews Yet!
Location of Pickering Manor
Get Cost Information
Get full access to reviews, cost information, and amenities