10 Assisted Living Facilities near Rogersville, MO
There are 10 Assisted Living Facilities in the Rogersville area, with 1 in Rogersville and 9 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 51 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Rogersville. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Rogersville 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Rogersville, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Rogersville, MO
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Rogersville
Rogersville is a small Missouri town just outside of Springfield. With a population of 3,000 residents, the town once dubbed the "Raccoon Capital of the World" offers seniors all the benefits of small-town life while also enjoying the perks of being a part of the Springfield metropolitan area.
Assisted Living Facilities (ALFs) in Rogersville are licensed by the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services. There are 27 assisted living communities located in Rogersville areas.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Rogersville
- The Rogersville area has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Springfield.
- Rogersville has an overall crime rate that is higher than the national average. Residents who live in the area will have a 1 in 587 chance of becoming a victim of violent crime and a 1 in 28 chance of becoming a victim of property crime. Seniors should take normal precautions to protect their personal safety and belongings.
- The overall cost of living is comparable to the national average despite transportation costs that are 12 percent higher. Seniors will see some savings in grocery costs when compared to the U.S. average.
- Rogersville seniors will face an average low of 21 degrees Fahrenheit in January and an average high of 87 degrees in July. The average rainfall is around 46 inches annually, which is higher than the U.S. average of 39 inches. Seniors who enjoy spending time outdoors might find these weather extremes to be somewhat challenging.
- There are no public transit options in Rogersville, except for a limousine service, so seniors in need of transportation will have to use on-demand ride programs such as Lyft and Uber or depend on friends and family.
- Social Security income is partially taxed in Missouri, and retirement accounts are taxed as regular income, so the state is only considered moderately retirement-friendly. Seniors may qualify for a property tax credit.
Paying for Assisted Living in Rogersville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Missouri
Assisted Living costs in Rogersville start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Rogersville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Rogersville
Missouri Medicaid offers several financial assistance options to seniors in need of assisted living care beyond their means. A state-sponsored entitlement, the Missouri Care Options program, can offset the cost of care to anyone who is eligible. The Consumer Directed Services program can help pay for personal care assistance and offers an option to hire friends or family members. The Supplemental Nursing Care program is a Home and Community-Based Services waiver that can be applied to assisted living facilities.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Rogersville
Rogersville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Rogersville, please visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Rogersville
Rogersville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Missouri are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Rogersville
Review of Rogersville Care Place
This is a small place where your parents will receive personal care. Large nursing homes have too many people and your parent will just be another number. This place provides affordable quality care. Read more