Assisted Living in Carefree
Heritage at Carefree36590 N Pima Road #3481, Carefree, AZ
Carefree Manor Assisted Living LLC7886 E Breathless Dr , Carefree, AZ
Vi at Silverstone23005 North 74th Street, Scottsdale, AZ
Pinnacle Peak Assisted Living7878 E Vista Bonita Dr., Scottsdale, AZ
Carefree Assisted Living Home8038 E Happy Valley Road, Scottsdale, AZ
Tatum Highlands Assisted Living4550 EAST BAJADA ROAD, Cave Creek, AZ
Care Manor Assisted Living24712 N 28th Place, Phoenix, AZ
Liv Generation at Pinnacle Peak23623 North Scottsdale Rd. , Scottsdale, AZ
At A Glance
There are 8 assisted living communities in the city and surrounding suburbs to choose from. The average cost of assisted living in Carefree is $3,500 per month, according to the latest estimates from Genworth.
We're there at every step
Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Carefree area find the assisted living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.
Get the insights you need to find the right community.
- See more than 13 reviews of assisted living communities in the Carefree area from residents and their loved ones.
- Browse our comprehensive directory of 8 assisted living communities in the Carefree area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Carefree
Be carefree in the city of Carefree, Arizona — a small town of about 3,000 residents set in the scenic Sonoran High Desert. A slow-paced, relaxing lifestyle is encouraged here. Carefree offers two assisted living communities and 45 nearby facilities for seniors seeking alternative living options. Each facility is overseen by the Division of Licensing Services, Office of Assisted Living Licensing. It protects seniors by ensuring each facility runs without incident and enforces all state and government regulations. They also require all ALFs to register every two years for a license renewal to keep its credentials current in the system.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Carefree
- Carefree residents have several tax exemptions available in Carefree, including not paying taxes on Social Security retirement benefits, groceries and prescription drugs. However, residents are required to pay taxes on other forms of income such as a 401k and 403B and are subject to higher than average sales tax.
- The Carefree area is home to world-class medical facilities, including 4C Medical Group, Honor Health Urgent Care, Thompson Peak Hospital, Scottsdale North Hospital, Mayo and Barrows Neurological Institute, North Valley Medical and Yoga Center, Jason M. Mcneil Nutritionist, Emergency IV Mobile Hydration Unit and the DispatchHealth, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Winter season is mild with an average low temperature of 58 degrees Fahrenheit. Hot and dry summer temperatures average around 83 degrees Fahrenheit, about 5 to 7 degrees cooler than surrounding cities.
- Carefree violent and property crimes are 77 percent lower than the national average. Crime rates are also lower in Carefree than in surrounding cities.
- The cost of living in Carefree is 33 percent higher than the national average. Housing is 165 percent higher here than the national average, but all other expense categories (groceries, utilities, etc.) are at least 3 percent lower.
- Moderate concentrations of pollutants affect the air quality in Carefree, Arizona, and can aggravate existing respiratory issues with prolonged outdoor exertion.
Paying for Assisted Living in Carefree
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Arizona
Assisted Living costs in Carefree start around $3,500 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Carefree and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Carefree
Financial assistance for assisted living is available to seniors residing in Carefree. Arizona offers seniors the Arizona Long-term Care System and Medicaid to help cover costs and expenses associated with assisted living.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Arizona page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Arizona page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Carefree
Carefree and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Carefree
Carefree-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Arizona are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Arizona page for more information about these laws.