What types of food products inhibit or stop cancer growths like tumors, etc.?

Beth Reardon, M.S., R.D., L.D.N., is Caring.com senior food and nutrition editor and the director of integrative nutrition at Duke Integrative Medicine. As a practitioner of integrative nutrition, Reardon takes a holistic approach to wellness, recognizing that the foundation for optimal health and healing begins with a health-promoting diet. As a practitioner of integrative nutrition, Reardon takes a holistic approach to wellness, recognizing that the foundation for optimal health and healing begins with a health-promoting diet.

Foods such as fruits, vegetables, cold water fish, herbs and spices contain broad categories of compounds that have been shown to be exceptional sources of compounds that have the ability to interfere with the development of many cancers. Here are some examples:

"¢ Vegetables such as those found in the cabbage family (broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, and kale)

"¢ garlic

"¢ onions

"¢ tomatoes

"¢ whole soy

"¢ fruits, including berries such as raspberries and blueberries

"¢ green tea

"¢ spices such as turmeric, cumin and ginger have powerful anti cancer potential.

Remember however, that at the same time you include these amazing foods, it's also important to remove foods that may be contributing to cancer development, including grilled meats, refined and processed foods containing hydrogenated oils and trans fats.

Everyone tell yu this, not detailed enough, theres very few things that I ever eat of this list ever, Not a vegetable eater (I KNOW!) but there is no way i'm eating all those stinky greens( Make Me Gag) & you can't make me! Just joking but serious !Green beans & lettuce is about it? Heres one though! I was told long ago, a Dr. had told a cancer patient that SUGAR is A BIG NO_NO !!!Was Told That Cancer Feeds ON Sugar! Is This Correct ??? I'll look for answer on home page, Thanks !

Brutusesmom answered...

Eating foods that keep the body alkaline is the key. Avocado, cucumber and asparagus to name a few. Sugar will definitely make and keep your cancer growing so no sugar ever!! Well maybe once in a great while, then follow it with some lemon water. LOL