Woodbury Mews

122 Green Avenue, Woodbury, NJ, 08096

Reviews of Woodbury Mews

Average Rating:
Vanny May 16, 2013

i am a new resident in the Woodbury Mews Independent building.If i had known what it was like I would have never moved here.It is far from Independent!!There are aides that come in,lots of oxygen tanks,wheelchairs,people who don't even know where they are.If I wanted a nursing home I would have went to one.They tell you the food is gourmet,that couldn't be further from the truth.It's a disgrace the lies the sales department tell you.Can not believe the way the person in charge talks to us at meetings.A disgrace!!!Don't move here.

Joan826 April 24, 2013

MY mother is a Resident at Woodbury News. The staff is always helpful. Maintenance is getting better. The new maintenance man Jake is great! What ever Michael can't fix Jake can. I find that the housekeeping director and food director are always out back smoking when I come to visit. Someone should look into that. As for the rest of the staff I love having my mother there. She is happy there and has allot of friends.

ellie15 March 21, 2013

My review is of their dementia unit which is a whole other story. If u have dementia u are not allowed to display symptoms of it or u are not appropriate. They are constantly short handed and can't seem to keep a steady staff. They seem to over medicate most of the residents to the point they become more of a fall risk then they already are. If u hold them to task for care of your loved one they do everything they can to evict u, including taking u to court. This is a business to them don't be fooled by the smoke and mirrors. When it comes down to it its your money that matters not what is best for your loved one. I was told today by a representative of the state who was assigned to assist us with our mother that she will no longer recommend this place either due to the lack of cooperation and the unethical behaviors of the facility ..such as the director nursing of this facility putting personal comments on facebook. If you value your loved one do not consider woodbury mewss...BEWARE!!

hrichg88 October 14, 2012

Overall the place was great. I would come and spend the weekends every so often and the staff was very friendly and compassionate. They developed personal relationships with the residents to make them feel welcome and at home. Especially my grandmother, boy was she outspoken. The facilities were clean all the time. It was quiet, as you would expect of a retirement home. They have an independent living building and an assisted living building, my grandmother stayed in the former. They have on an on site barber shop, which is great to help the residents not have to leave as often as possible. Parking for residents and guests that was easy to get to, even handicap spaces. The only thing I was concerned about was my grandmother falling, she had the tenancy to loose balance a lot, which was not enough alone to put her in the assisted living building. In the independent living building the employees were not allowed to make physical contact with the residents. A life line button solved that problem for us. They had AC and Heating units, internet access, it was like an apartment where every day they served meals, and friendly staff was able to help 24/7. All in all, this is a great place to stay if you are considering an assisted living community.

Mike the Driver January 21, 2012

As a delivery driver for Rite Aid pharmacy, I visit alot of elderly and home bound seniors. Most of the seniors live in independent or assisted living buildings. Often times i feel really sad for the living conditions that the seniors are placed in. Not the case with the Woodbury Mews though. They have two seperate buildings one for independent and the other for assisted living. the first thing i noticed about the place was its clean and modern decor. It has nice and warm color themes with crown molding and arm rails along the hallways. There is a really cool digital photo that displays every seniors picture in the building. Staff is very nice to visitors and seniors. They have and handyman on staff named Mike and can fix/solve any problem the seniors might have. The kicthen is very nice and comfortable, with the staff serving and busing tables almost like a restaurant. Mews independent living has a hair salon, pool room. movie room and exercise classes. Its a really nice place to be if you are a senior that has to go to senior living.

About Woodbury Mews

Woodbury Mews is an independent living community in Woodbury, NJ designed for seniors, normally 55+, who are able to care for themselves and wish to live independently. Contact Woodbury Mews for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Location of Woodbury Mews