Top nearby Continuing Care Retirement Communities:

Reviews of Epworth Villa

Posted by Anonymous112337350 August 27, 2015

I visited Epworth Villa. The staff was very receptive and very informative. The facility was fabulous.

Posted by Rhonda26 August 08, 2015
4.0

They were just friendly. We ate at Epworth Villa, and their food was satisfactory. They have bingo and different types of excursions that they take their residents on.

Posted by Caring100851350 July 13, 2015

My sister and I looked at Epworth Villa, and we liked it. The staff answered all the questions that we asked. They were friendly, cordial, and showed us around. There was a variety of food, and it was good. The rooms were clean and nice. They clean it several times a week to maintain its appearance. They had activities like bingo, church services, singing group, piano recitals, and all kind of things going on. They had very good security.

Posted by David105890250 May 06, 2015

Epworth Villa was a nice place. It was upscale, relaxing, and homey. It has large rooms with its own washer and dryer which my grandmother likes. We didn’t try the food, but I heard it’s good, and the sitting areas were really nice. We talked to the salesperson that was going around, and she was really nice. It seems like they had a workout facility and some other accommodations like a pool. It’s our favorite. It was just that you paid more money for it.

Posted by Caring105823550 May 05, 2015

Epworth Villa is extremely nice, but it is a very expensive place. The woman I was searching a place for told me to go there. I did go in, and that is the place she wants to go, but there is a humongous difference in prices and facilities. You can't really compare them with other facility because there is not really a comparison. The rooms would be like your own homes or a five star hotel. It is huge with a full kitchen and granite countertops. It has appliances that are better than in my home. It is extremely nice. The place is very elegant, and the employees were friendly. But to be honest, they were probably not as helpful as the other facility. They have a swimming pool and an exercise room. When you walk in the door, there is something like a coffee house where you can get coffee or tea and pastries. They have a little table, and they have sitting areas where you can have a small group. There was like a men's group that were actually meeting and a table with couples playing cards. They have a gym and a clinic like in a doctor's office. They had cafeterias that were set like restaurant style. This place is extremely large, so there were several of them. In addition, they had what is almost like a mall area and another bistro back in there which I couldn't see because it was technically not open yet. The pricing was a little bit ridiculous, but other than the pricing, the place is phenomenal. It is extremely nice and very upscale.

Posted by Harold23 April 10, 2015

I visited somebody's apartment in Epworth. It's a big place, but their monthly charges were higher. They had some parts that are new, and the sanitation was alright.

Posted by GBCarl April 02, 2015
2.0

Originally we were very high on Epworth. I'd been acquainted with them over the last several years - all positive. However, we took my parents to visit, they signed the paperwork, put down a deposit for a cottage, picked out all the finishes. Then several weeks into it, I receive a call from one of the marketing people that they had rejected my parents (my parents are in the initial stages of dementia - Alzheimer's and Lewy Body) based on medical records. They never did a personal assessment. We'd been very upfront from the beginning about their diagnoses. We finally received an apology, but they need to complete review and redo their processes. Assess before you have people relying on your promises. My parents had sold their house based on this. We are looking at other locations, but very, very disappointed in this behavior by Epworth

Posted by Lelaine February 21, 2015

Epworth Village was very nice, but I just didn’t get the same feeling of welcoming. The rooms weren’t tremendous, but they looked very comfortable.

Posted by Caring97090250 November 29, 2014
4.0

The staff at Epworth Villa seemed very caring. The ones we talked to during our visit seemed really nice and helpful. It's a very nice facility as well. Their dining area seemed large and clean. The surroundings are very nice, and I would recommend them to others.

Posted by retummin August 23, 2013

This facility offers all four levels of care. It also offers a variety of apartment and cottage sizes all of which are well-appointed. I have visited and interviewed a number of residents all of which are highly complementary of the facility. The food they serve is excellent. There are numerous activities one can participate in if desired.

Posted by firemedic247 December 04, 2012
4.0

Epworth Villa in Oklahoma City is one of the better nursing homes in the area. The facility is extremely clean and well kept, and the decor is far nicer than the standard linoleum floors and plastered walls of most facilities. Patients' rooms are neatly organized, and they are surprisingly spacious. The staff works hard at this facility to see that the patients' needs are met, and the ratio between the staff and the residents is much smaller than usual. This allows for much better care of the residents. There are also a large number of activities that the residents can participate in, and the staff works hard to involve all of the residents in something that they can find stimulating. This facility also has a much better menu than most nursing homes do. The food there resembles something that is home-cooked, rather than the usual unidentifiable fare found in most nursing homes. All in all, this facility does a very good job of taking care of the people who are living there, and the staff works very hard at keeping everything in order. The main concern is for the patients, and every effort is made to ensure their safety and well-being.

Location of Epworth Villa