Top nearby Continuing Care Retirement Communities:

Reviews of Epworth Villa

Posted by Harold23 April 10, 2015

I visited somebody's apartment in Epworth. It's a big place, but their monthly charges were higher. They had some parts that are new, and the sanitation was alright.

Posted by GBCarl April 02, 2015
2.0

Originally we were very high on Epworth. I'd been acquainted with them over the last several years - all positive. However, we took my parents to visit, they signed the paperwork, put down a deposit for a cottage, picked out all the finishes. Then several weeks into it, I receive a call from one of the marketing people that they had rejected my parents (my parents are in the initial stages of dementia - Alzheimer's and Lewy Body) based on medical records. They never did a personal assessment. We'd been very upfront from the beginning about their diagnoses. We finally received an apology, but they need to complete review and redo their processes. Assess before you have people relying on your promises. My parents had sold their house based on this. We are looking at other locations, but very, very disappointed in this behavior by Epworth

Posted by Lelaine February 21, 2015

Epworth Village was very nice, but I just didn’t get the same feeling of welcoming. The rooms weren’t tremendous, but they looked very comfortable.

Posted by Caring97090250 November 29, 2014
4.0

The staff at Epworth Villa seemed very caring. The ones we talked to during our visit seemed really nice and helpful. It's a very nice facility as well. Their dining area seemed large and clean. The surroundings are very nice, and I would recommend them to others.

Posted by retummin August 23, 2013

This facility offers all four levels of care. It also offers a variety of apartment and cottage sizes all of which are well-appointed. I have visited and interviewed a number of residents all of which are highly complementary of the facility. The food they serve is excellent. There are numerous activities one can participate in if desired.

Posted by firemedic247 December 04, 2012
4.0

Epworth Villa in Oklahoma City is one of the better nursing homes in the area. The facility is extremely clean and well kept, and the decor is far nicer than the standard linoleum floors and plastered walls of most facilities. Patients' rooms are neatly organized, and they are surprisingly spacious. The staff works hard at this facility to see that the patients' needs are met, and the ratio between the staff and the residents is much smaller than usual. This allows for much better care of the residents. There are also a large number of activities that the residents can participate in, and the staff works hard to involve all of the residents in something that they can find stimulating. This facility also has a much better menu than most nursing homes do. The food there resembles something that is home-cooked, rather than the usual unidentifiable fare found in most nursing homes. All in all, this facility does a very good job of taking care of the people who are living there, and the staff works very hard at keeping everything in order. The main concern is for the patients, and every effort is made to ensure their safety and well-being.

Location of Epworth Villa