Dunwoody Village

Top Nearby Continuing Care Retirement Communities

Reviews of Dunwoody Village

August 25, 2015

By KJB

My mother was in Dunwoody for Rehab. This was her 2nd time at this facility. First time was wonderful. Second time was awful. My mother had macular degeneration. Her trays of food were brought in and just left there. She was served chicken with bones. I mentioned to the nurse that my mother couldn't see in one eye and poor eyesight in the other eye. The nurse responded saying, "yea, we know, your mother has macular degeneration". I told her my concern in my mother having the ability to see her food, especially chicken with bones. The nurse responded saying, "your there to help your mom"! The nurse continued to eat her dinner. No one smiled or made eye contact with my mother when they came in her room. I'm not including the therapists. They were kind to my mother. My mother was dying and probably should have never been sent to a rehab floor. As much as my mother's body was failing, her mental status was 100%!!! The staff thought differently. My mother would say to me, " please don't complain. You'll go home and I have to stay here". She was afraid to be alone there. My mother would say to me that she didn't know what she did to make these people not like her. She would go out of her way to be kind. Three days before she died, I arrived to visit at 11:00am. Her breakfast tray was just sitting there. My mother ask me if I could feed her breakfast. So I did. Again, my mother didn't want me to say anything to the nurse. I stayed for 7 hrs and never saw anyone come in to see if she was ok. The next day I arrived to find my mother sitting in her chair with her head dropped on food tray. It took me a good 5 minutes to wake her up. I called the nurse. She did come in immediately to help my mom. The final day a nurse was working who we never met before. She was an angel sent by God to comfort my mother in her last hours of life. Her name was Annette!!!! She smiled at my mom, rubbed her back and gave my mom the love, respect and dignity she deserved at her hour of death. Every patient deserves the same respect not just my mother. Annette, that's all I know of her, our family will never forget you!!!! Thank You!!!!

June 01, 2015

My dad was at Dunwoody Village for rehab. The staff was very lovely as well as the therapists. It was a lovely community. The food was very good.

March 31, 2015

By Conrad5

The staff was very competent and business-like at Dunwoody Place. It’s back off of a very busy road and trees. A nice, pleasant country-like setting, clean, modern, efficient place. It has a good reputation from what we’ve heard. My mother-in-law has been in four care facilities, and of the care facilities that she has been in, I think it was the best of the four.

January 29, 2015

The amenities were excellent. They offered one-bedroom and two-bedroom units, and they were clean and nice. They have carriage houses at Dunwoody Village.

June 30, 2014

I think if I were choosing a place today, I would pick Dunwoody Village. It has been around forever. When we used to live in that area and go shopping and driving around, we would pass it all the time. I’m talking about forty years ago, so it’s not a brand new construct. When I was there, in fact, we were tripping over wires and holes and walls because they’re going through extensive remodeling. They were not afraid to show me all the works because they were ripping things apart and making things look better, up-to-date, refreshed, and all of that. They showed me everything that was going on. They did have townhouses -- one level, where you had an indoor front entrance but there was a patio with a sliding door that led to a big, extensive open grass, which was very nice. Dunwoody had little closet space because it was an older construction. That was one of the consistent things I noticed with every place I visited: the older the community, the less amount of closet space or storage space. I really liked the place, and I liked the people. I had lunch with one of the older residents, who happened to be eighty-two, and she was a lovely person. The dining room was beautiful, and it looked out onto landscaped areas. The food was good. I had a very nice tour. It had nice open spaces and nice apartments. It is pet friendly, and the surroundings are very pleasant.

June 12, 2013

By SSR

My mom stayed in Dunwoody Village for twenty plus years. She died there and she was a hundred and one. It's the place to go. It's a very large facility. They had townhouses there too. They had to have dinner at the main dining room every night. My mom was very happy there. The staff absolutely loved her. If I could rate them a ten, I'll give them a ten.

July 07, 2011

By JMFriedman

Other

Dunwoody Village has a fairly large campus with very nice grounds. They have walking paths and gardens. It is convenient to shopping, and is in an upper-middle class area in a suburb of Philadelphia. The common areas were very nice from what I can remember. I remember them having pool tables, ping pong tables, computers, TVs, etc. The residents' rooms were all very nice too. While I was interning there, they redid the assisted living facility, and the residents' rooms are now more like nice hotel rooms. They also have independent living, and the skilled nursing rooms were larger than at other facilities. The food was pretty good. I ate it myself a bunch of times. They changed the menu frequently and they tried to be relatively nutritious. The staff members were good. They had more of an extensive social service department, which is something that I liked. They had several doctors on staff and several nurses and CNAs, and they all did a good job. For the most part, a lot of the residents seem to be wealthier, and there are a lot of locally famous people who lived there. It is a more upscale place. It was very clean, and for a nursing home, it smelled pretty good. It is a pleasant place.

Features of Dunwoody Village

• Low Salt
  • Renal

• Pets: All Pets

About Dunwoody Village

Dunwoody Village is a continuing care retirement community in Newtown Square, PA that offers housing options for currently healthy people who want to secure their healthcare plan throughout the aging process. Contact Dunwoody Village for more details on CCRC housing and rates.

Map of Dunwoody Village