Reviews of Chandler Way Assisted Living
commercesd January 17, 2012
I visited this facility
The Chandler Way Assisted Living facility was one of the places we checked out in the Dallas region, while looking for a place for our aunt to live. It looked to us like a spacious one level home, which we really liked.
It is a bit smaller than some facilities, but we appreciate this. It is near the Lake Highlands area -- a really nice neighborhood that our aunt has been familiar with for many years. Close by to doctors and hospitals - this also is comforting.
Because of its proximity to the metro area, residents get to enjoy many excursions into the city such as fine dining, culture, art, shopping and many other activities. The highway is nearby, too, making it easy to visit from anywhere in the vicinity.
Residents may design and decorate their own rooms or the staff can assist. All of the private living spaces were lovely, clean and nicely decorated.
Residents enjoy social activities such as visiting with family, friends and other residents in the many bright rooms. The garden room features French doors with private access to the outside. There is also a screening room.
The activities for each resident are all tailored to their ability levels and interests. They encourage physical activity in the exercise room and outside. They are also taken out on many fun excursions in the surrounding areas and enjoy parties and social gatherings on a regular basis hosted at the facility.
There are casual dining areas as well as a formal room where residents enjoy really nicely presented meals that look delicious as well as being nutritious. There are regular snacks that are offered regularly and always available.
The staff seemed exceptionally kind and caring and each resident we say looked happy, content and well cared for.
From Chandler Way Assisted Living
Chandler Way Assisted Living offers residential assisted living with all the comforts of home, not an institutional environment. Our lovely 4,000 sq. foot residential care home is situated in the prestigious Lake Highlands area of Dallas.
The primary mission of Chandler Way is to provide a wide range of the highest quality, affordable personal care services to the elderly in the comfort of our large, gracious home setting. Our goal is to promote superior personalized care to foster a loving, supportive, and nurturing environment for our very special seniors to thrive and enjoy each day. Our commitment to excellence is proven by exceeding the Texas state licensing and industry standards for residential care homes.
Our services include:
- 24/7 professional and highly trained, skilled CNA staff
- Certified Assisted Living Manager on duty 40 hrs/wk
- RN on-call 24/7
- Assistance with activities of daily living, bathing, dressing, feeding and incontinence care
- Medication management and supervision
- Extensive variety of daily activities tailored to individual capabilities and interests
- Birthday parties and holiday celebrations
- Three delicious, home cooked meals prepared daily using only the finest, freshest ingredients
- Two "between meal" healthy snacks daily
- Therapeutic diets available with physician's order
- Regular in-house physician visits
- Ongoing RN comprehensive assessments to ensure our resident's optimum health
- Individualized interdisciplinary team care planning
- Personal laundry and linen service
- Daily housekeeping
- We accept private pay, long term care insurance and veteran's benefits
What Makes Us Special
We are within 3 miles of both Presbyterian and Medical City Dallas Hospitals, physician offices, shopping and numerous restaurants.
Features of Chandler Way Assisted Living
- Minimum Rate $3800/month
Room and housing options
- Companion Suites We Offer Companion Suites
- Housing Extra Private & Shared Rooms
- Pets No Pets Allowed
- State Licenses 104112
Location of Chandler Way Assisted Living
Get Cost Information
Get full access to reviews, cost information, and amenities