Broadway Proper

400 S. Broadway Place, Tucson, AZ, 85710

Reviews of Broadway Proper

Sylvia B. December 29, 2015

The staff at Broadway Proper was very friendly and attentive. Right away, they made me feel at home. Any questions my friend had they answered and kept track by calling back to see if she had any other questions later. The place itself was nice and very peaceful. It seemed like the residents were happy. The food was really good. It seemed like they do a lot of activites and not just sit there all day. They had really nice events for the holidays, like Thanksgiving dinner which I was invited to. They had activities and go out to different places. I like the rooms because they're very spacious even when wheeling in a wheelchair.

Thank you for your positive review. We are thrilled to be recognized for our friendly staff and at-home feel. We appreciate your particular comment about easy wheelchair accessibility into the apartments, which is useful information for others considering our community. Our activities and events are, however, the best part of the community and we keep adding more to the mix every month! We look forward to enjoying the fun with you! Thank you again. Kind Regards, Christina Millay, General Manager

wildcatAZ October 01, 2015

This place is not well maintained. It is old and needs some serious updating for what they charge!!! My mom lived here for 5 months. During that time the elevator "broke" so residents had to use the maintenance elevator. Her AC unit stopped working on a couple of occasions. The unit was ancient and they had just put bandaids on something that should have been replaced years ago. The food was like bad cafeteria food, which residents complained about but nothing changed. When we needed the carpet cleaned for a spill I had to follow up numerous times to make sure it got done. Overall I do not think it was a good value for the money. Their idea of a treat for holidays was cheap hot dogs or pizza. In my opinion they served the seniors way too much cheap junk food like this!! The only redeeming part was some of the ladies that work there genuinely care and did their best for residents. I believe poor management and their attitude is the real problem.

Thank you for your review. I apologize for any inconveniences your mother experienced during her time at Broadway Proper. Our community has been a home to thousands of residents during its 30 years in business. Occasionally, we do experience building challenges but we are fully committed to remediating them in a timely manner. Our goal is to resolve safety and maintenance issues quickly in efforts to minimize the impact on the residents who reside in our community. Along with our two daily specials we offer a full breakfast menu and a dinner menu with over seventeen different selections. These menus are regularly reviewed by a certified dietician to ensure we are offering balanced, healthy options. On all major holidays we host a Holiday Buffet with food selections requested by our residents. While accommodating the pallets of the masses can be challenging, we will continue to work on improving our food quality to meet the needs and preferences of our community. Constructive feedback is always appreciate and helps us address areas of concerns for our residents and their families. Thank you again for your review. Sincerely, Christina Millay, General Manager

Shiela4 July 04, 2015

Broadway Proper was wonderful, and I really liked it. It was warm, inviting, and well laid out, and I saw residents interact with each other. All the staff I met was just wonderful. They have a wonderful variety of facilities and things for the residents. They had a gymnasium and staff that conduct classes and could be a personal trainer. They had a lot of books available and social things happening. I got to eat lunch there, and I was quite pleased with that. They had a variety of food available and extended hours, which was nice. The physical plan inside was very nice. There were four generously sized courtyards, which were shaded. I got to see the efficiency rooms which was like a small one bedroom apartment with no door on the bedroom, and I saw a one bedroom that was a little larger also. There was such a nice level of friendliness among the residents, and it’s very homey. They do things, like they go once a month for casinos. They had various excursions to the theaters and of course the standard doctor appointments and shopping.

Donna104755750 April 18, 2015

The staff were very helpful. They had several floor plans that you can choose from depending upon what you want to pay. The rooms were clean and spacious. The food was very good, and the dining room was very nice. They had someone come in the afternoon to play the guitar, and they had card games and different activities going on. What impressed me about Broadway Proper was there was no odor to it at all, nothing unpleasant, and everyone seemed very happy.

Lory1 November 19, 2014

Broadway Proper was great, and it was welcoming. Everything I saw was very nice. The room was small, and that's typical on any of these places though. Part of the tour was that they would introduce you to the staff and the people that might be dealing with my parents, and everyone was very friendly and outgoing. I thought it was a great place. I was happy and pleased with everything that they had shown me.

mandarenees2 October 02, 2014

This property is amazing! My great grandmother has needed assisted living for some time now and we were so hesitant to put her in a retirement community but once we saw the atmosphere here we knew all our worries would be laid to rest. The staff is very friendly and seem to love their job. The little over a month she's been there a staff member already taught her and some of her friends how to play pinochle. The buildings are very welcoming and kept really clean. Visitors are always welcomed with open arms and answer all of our questions if we ever have any. Which has really helped my mom rest easy knowing she's in great hands. My Great grandma loves it here and were happy we chose Broadway Proper.

Sandra41 December 23, 2013

My mother was in Broadway Proper for five years. She liked it. Also, it gave me an idea of what it would be like living in a retirement community and I thought it was certainly doable and I could accept that better than living at home with a housekeeper. I think they did a nice job there. This was a place that was a good fit for my mother. They had lots of activities. They would take them grocery shopping and they would take them to functions every month like, e.g., to a restaurant or to a play. They had cocktail hours a couple of times a week and they had luau outside. Food was good. It was institutional food and it wasn't homecooking but it was fine. The best thing about this place was the companionship with other people and that they could do things together. Also I thought that my mother was able to meet and do stuff she wouldn't do if she was in her own home.

From Broadway Proper

Located in the heart of Tucson, Arizona, Broadway Proper provides a range of provides a range of independent living and assisted living options for seniors. The community is operated by Leisure Care, a residential care company that manages 35 communities in 11 states and in Canada and Mexico. Costs for residents at Broadway Proper vary, depending upon the type and length of care needed.

FACILITIES AND AMENITIES

Broadway Proper offers a number of different amenities designed to facilitate socializing and friendships among residents, as well as improve cognitive function. The community’s 'Fit Brains Program' was designed by Rosetta Stone to help residents keep their minds healthy. The program also promotes deeper concentration and an enhanced memory.

Other features include personal trainers available for all residents. As part of a fitness program called PrimeFit, the trainers help design a customized program tailored to each resident's goals and abilities. Staff members help track residents’ progress and keep them motivated along the way. Residents eat most of their meals in the community’s dining room. A daily menu includes fresh, seasonal dishes created by on-site chefs or residents can opt for room service.

Residents can take advantage of community amenities that include an on-site beauty salon, swimming pool, Jacuzzi, library, billiard room and a concierge who can arrange spa services, tickets to shows and flower deliveries, among other services. The community can also provide a shuttle for residents attending local doctor’s appointments or events.

HEALTHCARE & HEALTHY ACTIVITIES

Independent living residents at Broadway Proper will have their yardwork and housework taken care of for them. With assisted living, everything is designed specifically for the individual resident. Residents may add or drop services at any time. The staff offers meal support, assistance with showering, bathing and dressing, as well as social planning, mobility assistance, and communication assistance.

Staff can also help assisted living residents with personal grooming, provide continence support and will work to schedule doctor appointments, set reminders for medication and doctor’s visits, and provide escorts to and from daily outings, as well as scheduling transportation to your doctor visits.

Beautifully landscaped central courtyard - Spacious lobby and lounges Billiard room - Outdoor swimming pool and Jacuzzi - Activity room with large screen TV - Off-street parking - Nine complimentary laundry facilities - Paved walking trail - Library Computer center - Three convenient elevators - Weekly housekeeping and linen service - Full calendar of fun and engaging programs, events and activities - Full-service salon

Features of Broadway Proper

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Physical therapy

• Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• Pool
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Activities extra: Computer class, Happy Hour with Live Entertainment

• Private services

• We charge an entry fee
  • Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental

• We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 62

• Licenses: AL1277C
  • State License(s): AL1277C

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits