Homewood at Freedom Plaza

3910 Galen Ct., Sun City Center, FL, 33573

Reviews of Homewood at Freedom Plaza

Caring93034850 August 27, 2014

I visited Homewood, as several people had recommended them to me. They said it was the best of the best in Sun City and we were very impressed. The director who gave us the tour was great. She knew the patients by name. The facility was clean -- we didn’t eat there, but it was clean. It seemed liked they had a lot of activities. I have nothing bad to say about it from what I saw. The staff seemed very knowledgeable and friendly to the people who were living there.

We only saw an one unoccupied room that we were interested in, but it was certainly clean and bright. They have several different sized rooms, suites or even apartments available. They had a variety to choose from. We did not eat there, but we sat in the dining room and it was beautiful -- they had linen table cloths. She showed us some sample menus -- it all looks very nice. I just like the fact that it seemed like they had a lot of activities. When we were walking around, they were doing chair yoga class. She showed us the whole activity chart for the month. They had the different levels of care so that as a resident's condition progressed, they would get more care. Residents could stay in the same facility, but maybe in a different section with the higher level of care that is needed. The facility was very clean. There was no smell; it was newer and had a very elegant environment. Based on what I saw, I would recommend this facility.

Barbara35687050 January 31, 2014

Homewood has just been remodeled it. It's just excellent! Within it, is Clare Bridge which is the locked alzheimers building. I have been there and it's very nice. The serve the needs of the alzheimers patients. It's very bright, airy and comfortable. I was totally impressed by the place.

Joyce27 December 31, 2013

We like Homewood. The place is very nice and well kept. They are remodeling it right now. The people are caring and nice. They have good food. They have activities like drawing, painting, music and all kinds of things for them. My mom likes everything.

Tdixon November 20, 2012

When I first pulled into the parking lot I noticed that the facility was a large 3 story building similar to a small hotel. After walking in I noticed that it was beautiful inside. I was offered a tour and noticed that there is a large library for residents, an enclosed patio, physical therapy room, recreation room and sitting rooms. The dinning room is large and offers outside views while eating. I was able to look at several available apartments and noticed that they were all very spacious and the facility is able to offer quite a few different floor plans. I did notice that there were several types of studio apartments as well.The staff all appeared to be very friendly and helpful and Homewood Residence offers 24 hour nursing care. The facility also has an area that is for Alzheimer's and Dementia residence.There are many activities offered to the residents along with outdoor excursions to shop or restaurants. I did notice on their activities calendar that they have volleyball tournaments, theatre excursions, trips to Tampa Bay Symphony, there are bridge games, Wii bowling and other games.All in all I think that the facility keeps the residents very active if the resident desires that or if the resident wants to just spend a day relaxing they can do that too.

caring10051 October 07, 2012

Homewood at Freedom Plaza was very clean, modern and kept up nicely. They're very courteous and friendly, they did very well. From what I could see it looks very respectable.

Caring813 August 10, 2012

My mom is currently in a memory care facility in Clare Bridge. It's a part of Homewood Residence. She's been staying in this facility for 18 months now. We chose this facility for her since it's close to where I live. It's just 5 minutes away. I'm visiting her almost every day.

Everything is fine. They've done a nice job. She's well taken care of and that's what matters. The reason I have to move her in another facility like a nursing home particularly, is because her doctor wants to have more hands-on care, because she falls a lot and she can't walk. She's confined to a wheelchair. She needed to have a 24-hour care.

Well, she's happy as anybody that has Dementia can be. The good thing is that she's definitely eating well. Her experience being in Clare Bridge has been really good. It's the best thing. As of the moment, I'm still looking for a nursing home for my mom. Everyone that I've got in touch with has a waiting list that's over 20, so I haven't found any.

For now, mom will continue to stay in Homewood Residence of Clare Bridge until such time we find a new home for her. I would definitely recommend Homewood Residence of Clare Bridge to others.

virtual reader November 28, 2011

The staff all appeared to be very friendly and helpful and Homewood Residence offers 24 hour nursing care. The facility also has an area that is for Alzheimer’s and Dementia residence.

There are many activities offered to the residents along with outdoor excursions to shop or restaurants. I did notice on their activities calendar that they have volleyball tournaments, theatre excursions, trips to Tampa Bay Symphony, there are bridge games, wii bowling and other games.

From Homewood at Freedom Plaza

Homewood at Freedom Plaza provides our residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each assisted living and Alzheimer's care resident the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the proper lifestyle and care accommodations as their needs change.

Location of Homewood at Freedom Plaza