Waltonwood at Lakeside

14750 Lakeside Circle, Sterling Heights, MI, 48313

Reviews of Waltonwood at Lakeside

Pberry April 20, 2015

My mother resides here and loves it. She keeps very busy with all of the activities that are available and has become very sociable since moving in. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The only complaint she has is that the food is not very good. The menus always sound great but she says the food is very bland. For what she pays in rent you would think the food would be much better. She complains about it several times a week.

Caring100845750 January 31, 2015

I am living in Waltonwood. It is a beautiful place. I am very happy here, and I am going to stay here. I have no problems with it. It is a great place to be. I chose it because my son lives just a few blocks from me.

I am very content here. I am in the independent living, and I have an apartment. It is has two bedrooms, two baths, and my own laundry. They have a lot of activities going on. I play cards, and I enjoyed the place. I have every shopping and every store you can imagine right across from me. It is very convenient, and all the women I meet here seem to be happy with it. I am pleased with the food.

Mary99767450 January 09, 2015

The environment at Waltonwood was excellent. We went to the assisted-living side, and it seemed to be fine. The set up of the rooms and the facility seemed excellent, and they were good with interaction. The lady who took us around -- her name was Miss Klaus -- was very good. She knew exactly what she was talking about. She gave me an idea of the level of care the residents are receiving.

Caring72278950 May 31, 2014

Waltonwood is very nice, and when you walk in, it is very inviting. The hallways are very bright, and they’re wide. The place is immaculate, very clean. It has a swimming pool, and it is very nice. The independent living is very nice. The dining area is beautiful; it’s facing the pond in the back, and it has nice pink tablecloths. For everyday use, it is very nicely done. The only thing is it has no washer and dryer in the rooms. The staff is very friendly and very nice. They also have activities.

Maggie16 May 11, 2014

Waltonwood at Lakeside is a clean and a well-appointed facility. The staff are friendly and available. They have 24/7 availability. I have eaten the food, but I would say, from a healthcare perspective, it's a good facility. They have a full calendar of activities. They have crafts on site. They have a movie room, and they have a lounge area with pool tablets and different activities. They schedule events right there in their dining room that include music and live entertainment; they have an onsite pool, an exercise room. They are excellent, and I would recommend this facility.

kdevers April 28, 2014

SENIOR CITIZENS BEWARE!!! If you or a loved one is going to move into a senior citizen complex soon and you are considering Waltonwood at Lakeside PLEASE read my review first. There are several things you need to know about. Waltonwood comes across picture perfect, and for the amount of money seniors must pay to live here - it better be perfect, but it is not. First, they do not have 24 hour first aid individuals on staff (at least this location does not). Second, their food is unsatisfactory more times than not it is cold and tasteless. Again, one would think for the amount of money we spend here we would (at the very least) have something delicious to eat. Third, before renting a unit here I specifically asked about the average cost for heat and electric I was told for both it would range about $100.00 a month. My costs are DOUBLE this. Fourth, look at the cold air return mine is blowing cold air back into the living room. I bought a floor thermometer to test this the floor temp holds around 57 degrees to 64 degrees even though my thermostat is set at 72 degrees. I have complained many times, which brings me to the management practices at Waltonwood. Keep in mind when leasing here (or most places for that matter) they are salesmen. The manager at Waltonwood has told me for the past several months they are "working on my temperature issue" but I have yet heard back and have yet had anyone physically take care of the problem. I have found once you sign the lease and they have your money they treat you like you don't matter and discontinue answering any of your questions. I have talked to other residents here at Waltonwood and they too have issues with the establishment, but they are afraid to speak up. I just don’t think that is fair, so I am taking matters into my own hands. These are just a few of my issues that I feel you should look into before spending Big Big Bucks and receiving SO LITTLE in return!

Caring79981550 March 21, 2014

Waltonwood is beautiful. I would think it's more for assisted living rather than memory care. The rooms were beautiful and nice in size. The assisted living was beautiful. If I didn't really have big health problems that's probably where I'd go. The staff was really nice. The dining area was beautiful. They had a café area, a social room with a big, flat TV, a therapy pool, billiard room, a fitness room, and they had a beautiful scenic courtyard.

It's a place where I'd want to live. I'm 60, but if I was 75 and in pretty good health, it would be a beautiful place to retire in. But for my dad who needs a lot more help, I don't think it had enough memory care. I wasn't really impressed with it. I just don't think they have enough emphasis on the memory care. They didn't have enough activities.

Alfred3 February 28, 2014

My uncle has already moved in to Waltonwood at Lakeside. We chose it basically because it was the one that he preferred to live in after we reviewed a lot of the other facilities that were given to us. The facility is a 5-star. The staff is very pleasant, very encouraging, and on top of everything that happens there. The facility is very clean and they maintain very well the grounds. Currently he is on the independent living side, but he does receive some assistance. He has an apartment is of very nice size and very nicely appointed. The food is very good. They have a very versatile menu. They offer at least two different entrees very day; usually one beef or one chicken. They also have desserts, soup, or salad. The dining room looks like a restaurant-dining room. They have different amenities to offer like they have men's club, pool table, arts and crafts, outings, movies basically every evenings, and they also have entertainment that comes in a couple of times a month. They also take the residents to shopping or to their different appointments.

anthenum September 23, 2013

I moved my father here a couple of weeks ago. I am EXTREMELY disappointed with the level of knowledge and care from the executive director, (who is new here) down to the housekeeping. Although the place is very nice and clean, which is what attracted me. It is all show, and poor care. They have sent my dad to the E.R. twice in one week. (Both time's was without my approval) They do not realize that when you have dementia all of the change makes things worse. My dad was doing great when he moved in and has dramatically gone down hill. His apartment is not being cleaned, he is not being bathed, laundry has piled up, and only when I am visiting and complain is when things get done. I am very dissatisfied with the care here but am concerned about moving him again because I don't want his dementia to get worse.

Joseph17 August 26, 2013

It was a nice and pleasant place. It was bright and airy. I liked it, but it was too expensive for me. Everybody was friendly. We had dinner there and the food was excellent. I would recommend it to other, if they could afford it.

Leigh2 April 17, 2013

I preferred Waltonwood because of the appearance and price. The facility was clean. The apartments had big windows and bright. It was just the right size. The staff seemed pleasant. The residents all seemed happy.

GeorgeW36 October 30, 2012

I had visited my aunt at this location before her passing several times and was pleased with the upkeep of this facility. It was clean, hygienic and the staff was kind. They seemed to be more interested than the hospital staff that attended to her before being taken here. The meals were prompt enough. The food was not like a hospital but more like a home made cafe. The decor was also stimulating and kept her claustrophobia at bay. Overall satisfying to see my aunt cared for by a better than average staff and her opinions mirror mine. I usually have to defend her from inattentive hospital staff, but that was only needed twice and was not the staff's fault for being overworked. Their Life Enrichment Program seemed to brighten her spirits. I would recommend Waltonwood to any seniors looking for a better than average experience trying to live independently, and for any concerned family members looking for the best place for your relative to stay.

1winter February 15, 2012

My parents have lived here for several years, first on independant side which wasn't to bad, but now to the first level of assisted living and its terrible. They don't follow directives, they have big employee change overs, especially in management positions. Complaints fall on deaf ears. They claim they have a hydration program, which my father needs, well all that program does in put a glass of water on the table "they can't force them to drink" but then they don't even try to get him to drink and they don't bother checking later to encourage it. He has been hospitalized 4 times for dehydration. This is just a part of it. So we are paying double the rent and getting less service. Difficult to move them because he has dementia and mother has alzheimers and this is supposed to specialize for those patients. Very disturbing

From Waltonwood at Lakeside

Waltonwood at Lakeside is all about choice, offering a community with quality, expert care to our valued residents in all areas of Independent, Licensed Assisted and Memory Care Living. Our professional services evolve with resident's needs, to ensure their level of care will remain consistent as their requirements increase.

Waltonwood independent living allows our residents the freedom to do the things they love, our assisted living is designed especially for seniors who need a helping hand from our professional caring staff, and our memory care nurtures the spirit and improves the quality of life for Alzheimer's and memory impaired residents. Waltonwood is able to accommodate ever-changing needs, and provide varying levels of personal care, so our residents can remain a valuable member of the community through every phase of their life.

Our professional staff is dedicated to providing all of our valued residents with a warm community environment that is combined with quality expert care.

Location of Waltonwood at Lakeside