NewForest Estates

5034 New Forest St, San Antonio, TX, 78229

Reviews of NewForest Estates

Cooks4U October 26, 2015

Recently I was asked to assist in finding a senior residence for a family member. New Forest was a great option for them. We were looking for a place which was active and engaging and met the budget of someone on a fixed income. The apartments are generous and well maintained. There is a calendar of activities and outings to keep the residents busy. Dining is restaurant style, providing options at each meal. We have found the staff attentive to his needs and responsive to family concerns. Moving and downsizing is never easy, but the leadership at New Forest has helped make it comfortable.

Thank you for your detailed positive 5 star review. We are very happy to have you here with us.

Caring112604950 September 07, 2015

My mom was at Newforest Estates. It had independent living and assisted living on the other side. It was really nice, and people there were very sweet, but I feel they're understaffed. They need to improve on taking action when you have an issue. Newforest Estates used to take awhile to get it done. When my mother fell and broke her hip, her bracelet had not been working for a couple of weeks. She had to drag herself across the room to the phone and then across them again to unlock her door. The food was a good portion but a variety would be a little bit better, but they were good food and of good amount.

Tom100447250 January 17, 2015

We choose Newforest Estates for my mom because she likes it. The staff seems to be great. My mom likes the room, and she's really happy to be there. They have all sorts of activities, and my mom is always into something. The staff is always there to help out. The food seems to be great, and the dining room is very clean.

Sylvia15 December 30, 2014

I visited Newforest Estates. I thought they were very friendly. It was a very nice facility, and they kind of met my mom's needs. The rooms were spacious. We liked it. They had their own bathroom and kitchen. The grounds were very nice and open. They had lots of activities. They could go on and play games. They had bingo, exercise, and different things that you could do. It was in a nice neighborhood and was accessible to a hospital.

Thank you for your positive 5 star review!

southtexan November 26, 2014

My father was a resident at New Forest Assisted living for almost 3 years due to Dementia/Alzheimer's. Throughout his very long stay the staff was professional, helpful, and truly cared for his well being. He had the same care givers for the entire time he was there and they knew him and took care of the many problems that he had. But most importantly, I trusted their judgment on what he needed. Especially at the end when they worked with hospice to ease his passing. Choosing a facility for a loved one is hard. The quality and location of the facility is important but even more important is the quality of the care given and the care given by the New Forest staff was excellent.

Our condolences on the passing of your father, we are glad that we were able to be here for you and your family. We understand what an important decision this is and we are honored that you chose us. Thank you for sharing your experience, we appreciate it and all your kind words.

its me 2014 November 21, 2014

My mom lived in IL and then moved to AL. both placed were fantastic. the staff and management were always wonderful. the food was and service was always good

Thank you for your positive review, we appreciate it.

Rebecca18 July 30, 2013

My mother was at NewForest Estates and it was a very nice place. They had separate apartments and they also served food. I was not able to try the food but my mom said it was good. They had a lot of activities both spontaneous and scheduled. She was completely satisfied there although it was far from the area that she wanted. I also liked everything about it.

Thank you Rebecca for your positive review, we are very glad to hear that you and your mother are happy and content.

vasquez1200 September 27, 2012

I like the fact that Newforest Estates offers both assisted living and independent living in separate facilities that are right next to each other. Not very many do this and it is a bit of a task to pull off. This facility was recommended to me by friends who had family there at one time. When I made my visit they were in the middle of a needed remodeling. I do have to say that the management staff were very at ease and easy to work with giving the tour felt like it was home. The facility is older but cared for. When I viewed a shared apartment it was very spacious but did seem in need of cleaning and new updates such as carpet etc. I spoke with members who were living there and they seemed quite happy and relaxed. Out of all the facilities that I had toured this one had more of an atmosphere as like to my grandmothers house, comfortable, reasonable on a daily basis not restricted or clubbish. For what it lacked in shiny newness it more than made up for in friendly and comforting appeal. They are also one of the few who will permit modifications of your living space if approved in a much easier fashion than others which is a big plus.

Vasquez, thank you for leaving this detailed review about your experience with our community. Your opinion plays an integral part in our customer service.

Sheri1 August 21, 2012

My Grandmother was fairly happy there. The grounds were clean the staff were not overly present but they were fairly curteous. My Grandmother's needs were attended to and she had a variety of activities to choose from. There were outings to the store and to church which she particularly enjoyed and she was able to make friends with some of the other residents. If there was a downside it was that the facility frequently changed owners. So there was often changes that she would have to get used to or that she did not like. There was another negative in that once an ambulance had to be called for her but the staff did not take note of which hospital she was in. I thought it was very unprofessional of them to not have an answer in such a serious situation. The other thing was that the "lifeline" necklace that they provided (so that my Grandmother could alert staff in case of an emergency) was broken for months - they never fixed it. A culmination of these little and not so little issues caused my Grandmother to leave the facility.

Sheri1, thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback.

charrell1507 July 15, 2012

My brother and I visited the facility on July 14th and we were real impressed with it and their friendlyness. I have a 88 year old mother that has alzheimer's and has had it for about a year. We were pretty nervous about visiting these places but they made us feel welcome and comfortable and answered our questions.

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this positive 5 star review. We appreciate it!

commercesd June 06, 2012

The New Forest Estates assisted living facility was one of the places we saw while looking in San Antonio for my brother's friend. From the time we arrived, we really liked the overall vibe of the property, staff and residents.

The grounds and exterior was designed like a motel or resort, with nicely appointed and beautifully landscaped greenery. The lobby was clean and fresh with very nice staff to greet us.

The fitness center had well maintained equipment including a heated pool which provided a relaxing spa feel. They also had daily classes and the residents could safely navigate the lovely grounds with adequate supervision as needed.

Their library was impressive, with many good books and games. The meal menus all had healthy food options for all kinds of diets. The dining room was quite nice, with plenty of space. The food we saw looked and smelled delicious. Healthy snacks are offered all day and into the evening, as well as whenever residents request them.

The residents are taken to many interesting events in and around the region -- to take advantage of the diverse offerings. The many planned activities feature everything from book readings and discussions to the arts, and museum, gallery, film and theater visits.

The living spaces were nice sizes - some exceeding 400 sq. ft. Each unit included kitchenettes, was nicely decorated and had an emergency response system so that the safety of the residents is assured with someone available in case assistance is needed at all times.

This is a full service senior community with exception staff. We felt that the atmosphere was conducive to what one would expect in a high-caliber environment.

Commercesd, thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback.

bradj62 August 20, 2011

If I could give more stars for this place I would. It was awesome! I took my mom to look it over, as she is going to need to get into a place soon, and she was thrilled! I was amazed at the facility. This is like a 4 star hotel for seniors. They have several different floor plans for independent living, which is what she is looking for. A full kitchen in all that I saw as well, which is good because she wants to keep being able to cook.

They also have a heated pool outside as well. I was just flat out impressed with the staff and the residents I spoke with, very happy people. This is a place I would feel good about having my mom at, most definitely.

Bradj62, thank you for leaving this detailed review about your experience with our community.

About NewForest Estates

NewForest Estates is an assisted living facility in San Antonio, TX that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact NewForest Estates for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Location of NewForest Estates