Courtyard Towers

22 North Robson Street, Mesa, AZ, 85201

Reviews of Courtyard Towers

Diana39 April 01, 2015

We visited Courtyard Towers for my husband's mom. I liked the location and the price. The atmosphere was nice. The lady staff was very nice. They had a nice lunchroom, and there was a calendar of the events. I thought the room for her would have been fine and spacious enough. It looked well maintained, and it kind of felt like a hotel.

Norman7 February 11, 2015

The rooms were clean, but too small. They were adequate for a single person, but not for a couple. The grounds were very well taken care of, and the staff was very attentive. We had a meal, and that was very good. Courtyard Towers looked like an old hotel that's just converted. I would much rather see a smaller building where people could mingle easier inside and outside. When you get them in a high rise, they have a tendency to stay in their rooms, and the only time the interaction with other people was on the elevator going down to eat. The nature of the building limits interaction except during the dining time.

Pat100628850 January 13, 2015

From what I have seen in the Courtyard Towers, they have a good rapport with the tenants, and they are very accommodating to their needs in terms of making changes to the apartments and trying to make it affordable for them. They have a chef on staff that prepares all the meals, and they have a large menu. Everything that my parents need is right there. There is a hair salon, and they hold church services in the building. They also have lots of activities. The staff that assisted us during the tour was very helpful, accommodating, and friendly. We had a very good visit. I would recommend this to other seniors who are looking for an assisted living facility.

Caring99069550 December 22, 2014

Courtyard Towers is beautiful. The rooms are alright, but they are small. They have a refrigerator but no stove. However, the service my mother gets stinks. They don't come in and do what is expected like make the bed, help her when she has an accident, and get cleaned up. The activities are OK. They play bingo, and they have a theater in there. Regarding the food, some of it is good, and some of it isn't. The dining area is great. However, as with the staff, they just don't do their job very well.

Kenneth14 December 03, 2014

Courtyard Towers was actually a nice facility, but it didn’t feel right for me. It was kind of a hotel situation, and it did kind of have an old-folk smell. I was only there for 10 minutes, and I was not able to neither meet any staff nor check out an apartment.

I am so sorry you had this experience. I would be happy to meet with you personally and show you our community. --Ginni Ryan Executive Director 480-649-3000

Caring99787550 October 03, 2014

The Towers (Courtyard Towers) was beautiful. Their rooms were really nice. Everything about them was nice. They were just not in my mother's price range. Their dining room was very nice. Their menu was very nice; everything looked very nice. I like The Towers because they had more activities. I spoke with their recreation director and they had a lot going on. They had activities outside of the facility, and they had exercise activities. They could play games. However, the facility was just kind of dated. It looked older.

Caring88000350 June 27, 2014

I think the rooms at Courtyard Towers are very nice. The staff were very nice, and it seems like they cover everything.

Diana32 June 26, 2014

Everyone was very nice and very helpful at Courtyard Towers. They took us on a tour, and the visit was fine, but it wasn't what I wanted. It was clean and nice, but it was too big and impersonal for what I felt that my mother needed. It was a better facility for assisted living than an Alzheimer's care unit. Also, it was out of our price range. I just wasn't happy with their Alzheimer's area. When I walked on the lockdown floor, people there were walking around like zombies.

Caring73355950 November 27, 2013

I liked it! The facility is good. I have a friend who was at Courtyard. I like their food choices. You have a choice of three meals and it was good. The last time I had chicken and it was good. In fact, I even told the chef that the food was good. I felt like I was almost in a resort, that's how nice it was.

mturk1 November 21, 2012

Courtyard Towers is in the heart of Downtown Mesa. It is near a great yoga and coffee shop called Inside the Bungalow. The towers look clean and the people look well taken care of. There are a few benches outside where some residents go to smoke and talk to each other. There is handicap parking and visitor parking on the street near the benches. I didn't think it was particularly great that some of the residents smoke but it seems like there is that kind of freedom that is offered to them. The building is nice and for any resident who needs assistance they offer many amenities. Since it's in a convenient location I think it would be easy to visit a relative living there. The rooms at Courtyard Towers are nice. There are a lot of different floor plans available. I felt like the carpet was a bit ugly but everything seemed clean.

MTURK5 September 13, 2012

I was the one, who helped my grandparents move into this retirement community, they were not sure if this was a good idea for them, but after being there 7 months now I visit them once in a while and they absolutely love it!

EmilyNicoll November 18, 2011

My mother suffers from a severe form of dementia known as Alzheimer's. Consequently, taking care of her at home became really difficult seeing as she needed constant babysitting. After hearing about courtyard from my neighbor we decided to tour the facility and were truly impressed by the on hands staff they have. After reading a number of reviews and talking to others who were familiar with courtyard we took a leap of faith and sent my mother there to live and I don't regret it at all! They're so accommodating and do everything in the power to make sure her illness doesn't dictate her life. They have daily activities t keep her occupied and challenge her brain as well as 24 hr supervision and security on the grounds surrounding the living towers. She even had a nurse who consults with me every week, letting me know how my mom is doing. The best part is that the nurse is all inclusive with the rent. I only wish they didn't have as many rules and stipulations regarding guests and curfew but I suppose it's there for a reason. Overall I can't complain!

JackieRN August 29, 2011

If your parents/grandparents are looking for a vibrant, lively community for seniors, then this is the place for them. Delicious 3 meals a day are prepared in a dining room with cloth table covers, cloth napkins; friendly wait staff and a great variety of choices.
This 14 story building sits in downtown Mesa and offers views of some of Mesa's beautiful green tree lined roads. Activities abound from movie nights in the theater to hangman, bingo, talent shows and other live entertainment. Warm and caring staff provide independent, assisted living and memory care services so one would not have to move as they progress through declining phases of life.
Studio apartments to 2 bedroom apartments are reasonable in price with additional costs based on care needed. One would be pleased to see their parent/grandparent flourish in this environment where they would be meeting others and enjoying activities to keep them feeling healthy and vibrant.

Emmyrose July 27, 2011

This is a 14-story building. It's the tallest building in Mesa. It's an older building, but it's really well kept up "“ it looks brand new.

The director there is a very sweet person.

They have 175 apartments, and they offer studio, one-bedroom, and two-bedroom apartments. They have a memory care unit as well. All the apartments have kitchens.

They have their own doctors who come in. They provide transportation 5 days a week, and they have an LPN and an RN 7 days a week, plus assistants.

The main dining room is downstairs and is fixed up like a regular restaurant.

The interior of the facility is very nice as well. They have marble floors in some places and indoor/outdoor carpeting in other places. They have elevators.

The staff here is wonderful and very sweet. Everyone who works here likes working here.

The food is good too. They have several cooks.

They have activities all the time. They do bingo and things like that, and they'll also take the mobile people out to restaurants and places like that.

leezee June 08, 2011

Visited this facility

The first thing I noticed upon entering this facility was its lush green grass and benches situated throughout. I also liked how staff seemed to be available at every turn. I learned, while touring, this facility handled memory care and extended care, which at this point, my mother doesn't require but if she did in the future, it made me feel secure. I did like the planned activities as well, though I didn't see many residents participating. Perhaps it was the time of day I visited. There were definitely staff around and most smiled and appeared friendly and helpful. I appreciate the fact they offer exercise, including strengthening, as I think that is vital for a woman. Seemed like a nice place, well organized and efficient.

About Courtyard Towers

Courtyard Towers is an assisted living facility in Mesa, AZ that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Courtyard Towers for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Courtyard Towers

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi
  • Activities extra: Computer class

• Private services

• We charge an entry fee
  • Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental

• Staff patient ratio: Per acuity
  • We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 55

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

• State License(s): AL7223