Heron House Indian Rocks

2050 EAST BAY DRIVE, Largo, FL, 33771

Reviews of Heron House Indian Rocks

David97743650 November 29, 2014

Heron House Indian Rocks was actually recommended by a friend who stayed in Florida. My mom is in the assisted living, and it seems to be working out pretty well. The rooms are very nice, and the staff is very helpful and friendly. We actually looked at 5 or 6 facilities, and this one had the nicest amenities and had a nice feel to it. They have a lot of activities. They have entertainment that come in from the local community almost every day with music and things like that. The dining facility is really nice. They have shuttle service to go out to shopping and things like that. They have a beauty parlor on site as well as a physical therapy room. I think the food is good. They have it set up so that it is like a restaurant -- menus and you can come down whenever it's open, and have whatever you want. It was the only one in my mom's price range where she could actually have a private room instead of having a roommate. The other thing is that it doesn't look like an institution; it looks like a hotel. It has a really nice look and feel to it. They have tracking necklaces for all their residents, so they know exactly where they are all the time.

SusanAdvocate October 08, 2014

The staff is very nice and friendly and they do try very hard. They seem to have a lot of turnover in the nursing staff, which leads to inconsistent care. Residents who requires help getting to meals and showering need a family advocate looking out for them to make sure that they are actually being taken to the dining room and that they are actually showering them. Please do not think you can put your loved one into assisted living and everything will happen like it is supposed to! You will need to be checking on them and be their voice when needed.

Caring93618150 September 12, 2014

Heron House is excellent; the staff and volunteers are very friendly. They’re primarily supported by the church that my mother actually attended. Their primary goal is not for profit, though they do take subsidies from the government. My mother is living in a little condo. She participates in activities, and they have things going on all day long. The facility is open and airy. It has two floors. They have a nice recreation facility, field trips twice a week, and it is somewhere that they can stay active. They really have a caring nature, and the place is very clean and the foods are healthy.

Sunny10 February 01, 2014

Mom went into Heron House on December 1st. The staff is wonderful. They're very friendly and very knowledgeable. The director is very personable, gets to know the residents there and their family members and remembers my name every time I go over there or call. They're very, very helpful and communicative as far as what's going on with my mother since I can't be there every day.

I can always call them and ask. If the person is not available right away I get a call back within the day. Our mother is in a shared suite, but they each have their own bedroom and they share the common areas, so it's very spacious. But she does have a privacy which she likes. Everybody there is so friendly and they remember her name.

The dining room is beautiful. The food is very, very good; we've met the chef. My mom is afraid she's going to gain so much weight. They have bingo, Bible studies, scenic ride tours, someone coming in to entertain or sing, they have a bus ride to church on Sundays, and they have movie nights. There's a ton of activities and everyday there's something on the calendar. It's also right around the corner from where my sister lives.

Caring82122550 December 31, 2013

The staff at Heron House Indian Rocks are fantastic. They take me around wherever I need to go. They serve me three meals a day. The food is excellent. It's just a good place to be. The cleanliness of this facility is very good.

Anne19 May 29, 2013

Heron House is the next place that I would choose for my mom. The main thing was that she could go outside and won't be confined in the same building, which is very rare in memory care. Shedd be allowed to sit down in the gazebo and enjoy the grounds outside as well as being inside. It was beautiful inside. It was very nice, very quiet, and most importantly, very clean. It was also very secure. The staff seemed very attentive. We weren't in there very long, but what we saw, we liked.

Nancy 4 October 30, 2012

Mom' been in Heron House for two months now. The facility was laid out very nicely. The only thing I'm not happy with them is she has to share a room with a person, but they are not large enough for a companion suite. They share the bathroom, small kitchen area, and a closet. The staff was lovely. They know her name. If you do not show up for a meal they come and knock on your door and ask why you're not there. Same thing with medication. They also remind them with doctor's appointments.

They have activities, a nice garden outside. The only drawback is it's on the main road, and I don't like that because a person can walk out the front door. If they have any kind of dementia, they can step out and get killed by a car very easily. Family members can come and visit 24/7. I have a key to my mother's apartment. The nurses, aides and LPN would call me if my mother has fallen. I'm informed of any doctor's appointment my mom would have. But my mom misses living with me. She's not happy at all. I'm going to talk to them about restricting my mother's sodium intake because she has congestive heart failure.

Paula3 June 23, 2012

Very pretty place with interesting design. The staff is very nice and seem to know what they are doing. They also are appear to know most of the names of the residents. Lots of activities for the residents are available such as exercise, a gathering place specifically designed for social gatherings, group games, crafts and other recreational activities. The staff actively encourage everyone to participate in activities, inviting them to join in! Very pretty buildings and different floor plans. Meals are even included and the chefs attempt to make them as home cooked as possible, I did not try the food though so I can't form an opinion on it. Florida in general seems a nice environment to retire and most of the people I encountered during my visit to Heron House in Indian Rocks seemed well adjusted and pleased with living in the assisted living facility. I am also very impressed with how clean it is, almost immaculate! Very beautiful place.

CGarcia1 April 18, 2012

My grandmother was a resident at this facility and I visited her several times. In my opinion the facility was always clean and beautifully decorated. The entrance was very inviting and had a beautiful area in the front where residents could sit and watch people coming and going. The staff was very friendly and always remembered mine and my aunt's name. My grandmother had a private room that was easy to find on the first floor. They were always coming to her room to see if she wanted to participate in the many activities they had going on. During the holidays they had holiday-specific meals that were quite good! Her private room was cleaned daily, and she always had they key on a string around her neck in case she lost it. They had doctors on staff, so she didn't have to leave the facility to see her doctor. Overall I really like the Heron House.

Fenton September 24, 2011

My wife and I visited Heron House and were quite placed with what we saw and experienced. If something should happen to my wife or me or if my son could not help us any longer, this is the place we would choose. It is a class act facility.

dorisjohn September 24, 2011

I plan to go into this facility if something happens and I cannot stay in my home. It is a gorgeous environment and the staff are so nice and helpful!

donjohn September 19, 2011

This is an awesome, caring, immaculate, and well-run facility. I would recommend this facility to anyone!

RogerJ September 18, 2011

We have visited several facilities for my parents who are in their mid-nineties. This facility is the best one the ones we visited and have investigated in our area! All aspects are so impressive and we would trust all their care to taking care of my parents.

About Heron House Indian Rocks

Heron House Indian Rocks is an assisted living facility in Largo, FL that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Heron House Indian Rocks for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Location of Heron House Indian Rocks