Windsor Senior Living

7750 LBJ Freeway, Dallas, TX, 75251

Reviews of Windsor Senior Living

Becky K August 25, 2016

I am so glad my daughters found Windsor. I like that I still have my freedom. I enjoy the opportunity to participate in the activities. I just wish I had the time to take part in all of them. The staff is excellent. Windsor is a nice community. I really enjoy being here.

Caring_2643900 August 11, 2016

My husband and I moved to The Windsor 5 years ago. At the time my husband’s health was starting to fail so we felt it was time for assisted living. We toured four other assisted living places and we found that the Windsor met our needs and was the best choice to make and that has proven to be the right choice. We found everyone here very friendly and very helpful. There are so many activities that we can partake of. The residents are very friendly and we have made a number of close friends. The food is great and my husband and I have really enjoyed it. As my husband’s health failed, the caregivers were wonderful. Between management, caregivers, waitstaff, ect. we have been well taken care of. My husband recently passed away and the staff were great at coming to tell him good-by and checking on me. They have given me many, many hugs which gives you a warm feeling. I do not plan on leaving here as I am very happy.

M. Clark July 19, 2016

I have been at Windsor 7 years. I was impressed with the staff the first time I came. I was especially impressed with how warm and caring they were. I enjoy being around the other residents. Some have become very special. I have been very happy here and wouldn’t want to be anyplace else.

Nancy Wright July 19, 2016

We began looking approximately 1 ½ years ago for an Assisted Living facility. Our health was deteriorating and we had numerous criteria’s. Windsor Senior Living has met all of our expectations! Windsor’s staff is very knowledge, helpful, friendly and supportive. The nurses and care givers are exceptional (90% of them will know your name within a week or less). The food is very good with 3 or 4 choices per meal time. The atmosphere is one of support, caring and respect. We have a full service beauty parlor, whirlpool and massage therapist, exercise class, and balance class. Numerous activities: Bible studies, painting classes, billiards room, card room, games, puzzles, knitting classes, volunteer programs making gifts for different charity organizations and Friday’s happy hour with entertainment. Numerous outings to the Rangers Ball game, Arboretum, the Dallas Zoo, Perot Museum (with transportation and care givers), just to name a few. Various shopping trips during the week for those that don’t drive. Just sign up and you are on your way. Folks, you have 3 good meals per day. Housekeeping takes care of changing your bed, cleaning your apartment and laundry once a week. Transportation to be scheduled any time. Check us out! Windsor Senior Living is a wonder place.

Barney G. July 16, 2016

My wife died in January of 2010. I knew I could not stay in our large home alone, so I began looking for a new place for me to live alone. When I found Windsor, I found meals 3 times a day for 7 days a week. I found washing and cleaning of my apartment once a week. No other place I looked at gave me as much for my money, and since I am useless in the home, I needed a place that did everything for me. Windsor answered that need, and I moved in here by the end of February, 2010 (over 6 years ago). Other places keep asking me to move there and enjoy all their amenities. Since I have everything I need and want, why should I leave Windsor? No one else can give me more for less; so I think I will stick around a little longer. Here, I have it made. Why change?

Margaret KC July 09, 2016

My two daughters did a lot of research to find a nice Senior Living Community for me while I was in rehab. We decided on Windsor Senior Living and I moved in 5 years ago. The elegance of Windsor impressed me. I appreciate the housekeeping staff for keeping the community so clean. I enjoy the friendliness of the other residents & the staff. We have a happy group of people here at Windsor. It is very easy to meet people. Activities are always available. Windsor is a good place to be.

Patricia035606 July 01, 2016

They seemed to be very accommodating at Windsor Senior Living. My brother-in-law ended up getting a one-bedroom there that’s sufficient for one person. When we visited, they were really friendly. They have a nice exercise room, karaoke, and a bar setting downstairs with the tables and everything. They have a lot of professional singers that come in and do stuff with them there. They honor all the holidays. I was there on Cinco de Mayo, and they were giving everybody margaritas, with alcohol and without. They’re very cautious with the food, especially if you’re diabetic. The chef will watch the serving size that they give you. We’re very impressed with it.

Jane885826 June 28, 2016

My sister likes Windsor and is doing so much better because they’re assisting her with taking her medicine. She likes her one-bedroom apartment.

Ron. M. June 02, 2016

My wife and I moved in to Windsor Senior Living in September 2013. We hired a consultant to help us decide if we should move in to a Senior Living Community & the answer was yes. The consultant suggested several communities to look at & we enthusiastically agreed on Windsor. We especially liked the ability to convert from Independent Living to Assisted Living without having to change apartments. We have made many friends here & enjoy the activities that are planned every day. The staff is attentive to your needs & very cordial. I heartily recommend the Windsor.

LindaLKINO May 12, 2016

Windsor Senior Living was very attractive. The dining area was very nice, very open, and bright. There were rooms of different sizes. The staff was very friendly and very willing to talk about things. They had various activities, and the price was very competitive.

S. Bish May 11, 2016

My wife & I moved in to Windsor Senior Living in September 2013. We hired a consultant to help us decide if we should move in to a senior living community & the answer was yes. The consultant suggested several communities to look at & we enthusiastically agreed on Windsor. We especially liked the ability to convert from Independent Living to Assisted Living without having to change apartments. We have made many friends here & enjoy the activities that are planned for everyday. The staff is attentive to your needs and are very cordial. I heartily recommend the Windsor.

Bill & Luella Marx May 11, 2016

I am a WWII combat veteran and really enjoy the friendly and caring people at Windsor. Our apartment is spacious for two people and well designed to enjoy our daily living. The personnel are well trained and provide needed services like cleaning, showers, and bed making allowing the two of us to enjoy our retirement. Also the food is outstanding.

Caring Visitor123544650 May 11, 2016

My visit at Windsor was very pleasant. It’s actually a converted hotel right on the freeway, which to me was good. For some people, that’s a drawback because they don’t want to be that close to a lot of traffic. The dining room was restaurant-style with OK food. The staff was fine. Everywhere we went, the staff was gracious and welcoming; I didn't have any complaints about the staff. The person who was in charge of the dining room came over and visited with us for a little as did the head of transportation. I noticed he seemed very concerned that the transportation be provided with graciousness. The staff people that we dealt with were just fine and gave us a lot of time.

Contented resident April 09, 2016

When I came to Windsor I wasn't wanting to move but it was a necessity because I needed care. The first people I met were the caregivers and in the four years I have been here I have been most impressed with them. They stand out because so many really do have a heart for doing this. That makes a huge difference. They are polite. The waiting time for care is pretty good, better than it used to be. There are caregivers with whom I have developed a real rapport. I have developed some very close friendships with other residents, particularly with two others with similar conditions to mine. I like the weekly programs. One example is the sewing group because of my friends who attend.

Life at Windsor March 30, 2016

We were looking for a place because my husband was becoming less mobile. I needed assistance getting him in and out of bed and in the shower. Transporting him to his medical appointments & to dialysis 3 times a week was important. Windsor is able to do that for us. We are very glad that Medical City if just 5 minutes away. This is a good community to interact with other residents at meals and social gatherings. I am very pleased with the staff and especially Lisa, the Health Services Director.

Mellie B. March 23, 2016

Two years ago we made the decision to move to senior living. We sold our house & with Rose's assistance we moved into a lovely apartment on the 5th floor. We have enjoyed our time here at the Windsor, especially the new friends we have made. These folks now are like family. We also enjoy having good food every day. The assisted living care my husband is now receiving has been above & beyond our expectations. The caregivers are kind & efficient and my husband is very happy with his care. We enjoy living at the Windsor.

Roy Steen March 15, 2016

I have lived at Windsor for over 4 years. I find that the food, amenities, and facilities meet my wants and needs very well.

mymomis#1 March 15, 2016

My mom has been at Windsor/Memory Care since 2015. Rose F. helped us with the process of moving in and I was immediately impressed with her efficiency. Everything we needed to know either she went over with us or I had it in my hand (folder with information she provided).
My mom has gotten a lot of necessary attention while she has been there. I sleep well at night knowing that if something goes wrong, they will immediately notify me. The staff has been amazing, from the care givers to the med aids to the nurses on staff. They are all very helpful. They always assure me that if I need anything done, to let them know because that is why they are there. I appreciate things like a care giver stopping me on my way to my moms room to let me know that my mom didn't eat much at breakfast or lunch not because they have to but because they genuinely concerned. We are very pleased with Windsor. If I had one complaint, it would be that there has been a recent change in staff. Staff that I thought was amazing and hung the moon. I can only imagine that Windsor will use the same hiring criteria that they used when hiring the (amazing) staff that is no longer there.

dementia13 February 14, 2016

Our family was pleased with Windsor until it was bought by Blue Harbor, then it was far from satisfactory. Trusted leadership staff all left. Neglectful mistakes started happening that required a lot of our time and aggravation. Aides started turning over. We left. Don’t know, maybe things have improved there, so you should absolutely talk to other residents and families before you decide on Windsor.

I am sorry that you have had experiences in the past that you find unsatisfactory. I am pleased to share that there is a dynamic and highly competent and experienced leadership staff in place at Windsor and we are celebrating with all of our residents and staff at the growth and success we are experiencing together since Blue Harbor's introduction to the community. I invite anyone in to tour and meet some of our wonderful residents who will share with you how happy they are with Windsor today and are excited at our future successes and opportunities together. Please feel free to contact me for a personal tour to experience how wonderful a day at Windsor Senior Living can be. 972-661-9990.

Rosemary28 January 28, 2016

I visited Windsor Senior Living for my mother. We visited it because they’re close and they offered everything my mother needed. The facility was very warm and very friendly, and the people seemed to be very happy. We ate there, and the chef came out and talked to my mother. It was wonderful. She loved the food. The staff was very friendly. They have many activities like eveybody else. They have out-of-town activities, and they have happy hour with lots of entertainment.

Visitor56188961 December 21, 2015

At Windsor, it looked like everybody was so out of it and on their own. They were just kind of sitting around and not doing anything. We went there because we were invited by our memory care group. We had a lovely lunch, and then they took us upstairs to see everything. I was just quite disappointed. It’s a converted hotel, and I didn’t see any activities. If you were not in the memory care part, I think it’s just an OK place. The rooms were small but nice.

Thank you for taking time to post your review. I apologize if your initial experience was less than you expected and would like to personally invite you back to our community where we can visit more about our Assisted Living and Memory Care programs and give you a personal tour so you can have a more accurate Windsor experience with our team and residents. Please feel free to contact me at 972-661-9990 with any additional questions and to schedule your return visit to Windsor Senior Living.

Anonymous116692150 December 10, 2015

I did not like Windsor Senior Living. They weren’t there to show me around. I saw a few people sitting around who didn’t look very active at all. They were older people just waiting to die. It looked clean from what I’ve seen of it, but it was in a very negative area.

We are sorry to hear that your initial experience was less than desirable for you. Our front desk is staffed from 8am to 7pm to greet and assist our guests. I would like to personally invite you back to our community for a tour to experience the many wonderful and vibrant residents and opportunities we offer to our residents and families. Please feel free to call and schedule a tour with us, I look forward to meeting you. Our phone number is 972-661-9990.

Garry3 April 19, 2015

We’ve got mom settled in. Windsor Senior Living is nice, a little upscale. It’s a 7-story building, and it has nice-sized rooms. My mother likes the food, and she enjoys the place. She does go to some of their church functions. She does some of their exercise gatherings, and she does some hobby stuff. The staff is always present and always helpful. It’s safe and comfortable.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We pride ourselves on providing the finest personal care and services to our guests. Our staff follows a philosophy of service that gives you the freedom to live each day in our community the way you desire Encouraging choice and individuality is at the very core of our tailored preferences program at the Windsor. Thank you again! Please feel free to call or stop on by for additional information. Windsor Senior Living- 7750 LBJ Freeway Dallas Texas Phone- 972-419-4999

Joy23 December 28, 2014

My parents moved in on the assisted-living level at Windsor Senior Living, but when my dad’s Alzheimer's got worse and my mom couldn’t handle it anymore, he moved to a different floor. All she has to do to visit him is get on an elevator. They have memory care, assisted-living, and independent-living all in one building. We don’t need to go outside for anything, and as it turned out, it was a better decision that we even thought.

Overall, it’s pretty good. We’ve had little issues here and there with them, but they’re attentive to it. It was a big adjustment. The room seemed spacious enough for them, so that it wasn’t too drastic to go from a big house to an apartment-type thing. We sampled the meal there; it seemed OK. It was nice, but it wasn’t really fancy.

Watchinglikeahawk December 05, 2014

The Windsor is not what I had hoped it would be. Recently this facility was purchased by some other company and that could be part of the problem. There are a small number of caregivers who go above and beyond the call of duty by being honest, caring and using common sense but there are far more that do not. One would think that the honest and caring ones would , at the minimum receive more pay or some incentive to stay there but they must not. There was quite a few new faces on my most recent visit only a couple that were excellent stayed. My mother has had numerous toiletries " borrowed " for other residents then never returned. To add insult to injury we have received bills for item that had to be purchased through the Windsor to replace the " borrowed " items. My mother on a couple of occasions walked in on a caregiver in her room at a time that she had no reason to be there and is one of the caregivers she caught red handed in the act of borrowing items. The cafeteria does not have a salt free menu which is something that seems pretty important for everyone especially the elderly. Over salted food does cover up a number of dishes. My last comment is to the new owner. Clean up your act.

Michael89255950 August 29, 2014

My mother had a friend at The Windsor Senior Living, so we were able to visit first the facility. We liked the people as well as the staff that were there. The apartment that was offered to my mom was brand new with hardwood floors in it. It was really clean looking. We really like the way the apartment looked -- that is why we chose the facility for my mom. The food is good and they offer full meals. They do have different activities, like aerobics and planned card games. They also have entertainment and social hour every day. They have outings and religious services on weekends too.

John93497850 August 28, 2014

We had delicious lunch at Windsor Senior Living. It was well done. We had a tour of the various rooms and suites. We felt with what we saw and experienced during our brief time there that this seemed to be clearly the best one for us.

Karen0171 May 31, 2014

Windsor Senior Living was absolutely gorgeous. One thing that we especially liked was that it had been a hotel at one time. I LOVE the fact that it was very luxurious; it looks like you are walking into a very top-notch hotel. They have water fountains inside the hallways. It was spotless, too; it looks like someone has been spending a lot of time just going through the halls and wiping down things, keeping the carpets clean, and getting off a lot of marks from things and wheelchairs. It has gated grounds. On the grounds, there was another building that had been built for people with memory issues. So if husband and wife were living there and one needed to go to memory care, the other can still visit and spend time every day without trying to find a ride. The parking is underneath the building; they had valet parking. They showed us a penthouse. The owner had lived in it while they were working and finishing some of the conversion; it has lots of marble and storage space, first class appliances, beautiful interior decorating, and towers. One of the things about them is each apartment had one wall that was glass from top to bottom, side to side. Being that high a building, you could just see across the city. It was just a beautiful view in the apartment. The dining room was very large and spacious too. The food was probably the only thing that kept us moving at that time. They had a chef, but they were fairly new. They had not quite gotten everything going as smoothly. They had a menu that you could choose from, but it didn’t have as many options as I would like to see.

Ms. Jones1 March 27, 2014

Windsor Senior Living looked really nice. It used to be a hotel, and they converted it. The rooms are very nice and very big. It is reasonably priced. The staff are very caring people. I was not able to witness any activity while we were there, but they have a schedule full of activities every day for the residents.

Caring0618113 June 22, 2013

Windsor Senior Living was very clean and modern. The staff were very friendly. The rate was quite expensive.

CSA November 07, 2012

The Windsor is a wonderful senior living facility. They have both assisted and unassisted living arrangements. In my opinion it is a very secure site with helpful staff who really care about the residents who live there. It is an all-inclusive facility, meaning that they charge one flat fee and residents get a room, laundry service, all meals, internet, cable TV, electricity and water. Also, they have a variety of activities for the residents including outings to local restaurants and shopping establishments. Each resident is provided with a nametag and a life safety pendant. This pendant can be pushed any time, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, if the resident needs help. When pushed both security and medical personnel respond. They also hold quite a few family events throughout the year such as dances, musical shows, and holiday dinners. Overall, it is an excellent place for my grandfather and I trust them to take good care of him for the rest of his life.

mike0511 April 19, 2012

I was worried about how my father would adjust to being in an assisted living facility. I never should have worried. This center is more like a 5 start resort than a nursing home. He has his own "apartment" with a bedroom, closet, kitchen area and bath. He got to pick his living area from over five different floor plans. The center also offers him Cable TV, phone, and high speed internet at no extra cost to him. My father is still a pretty active person and there is always something for him to do at the center. There is a game room with pool tables, a gym and a movie room that he enjoys. They offer a restaurant style dining room and even have a private dining room that they allowed us to use for a family birthday dinner. I have not had too much interaction with the staff but whenever I go to visit him there is always a nurse or attendant available if I have any questions. There are Doctor's on call 24 hours a day and a private van that will take my father to and from all of his personal doctors appointments. The grounds are absolutely beautiful also. They even have a community garden hat the residents are free to work in. My dad loves nothing better than to grow roses and now he is still able to do so. I think the absolute best feature is that they offer guest suites. That has been a major blessing since I live over 350 miles away and I can stay over with my dad and enjoy more than just a two hour visit without having to worry about making the trip home. All in all this center can really be called a home.

commercesd January 18, 2012

The Windsor Senior Living facility is a lovely assisted living service in the Dallas area. We visited it while checking out places in the area for our aunt.

The grounds looked well tended and maintained, with a park-like environment full of trees, shrubs and seating areas.

All of the nicely decorated community rooms offer comfortable and beautiful places where seniors may watch TV, work on the computer, socially engage, work on arts and crafts, play games and enjoy a variety of other types of gatherings and parties.

The private living areas were all beautifully decorated and nicely personalized for each resident in a stylish way - often with their own furnishings.

The casual dining rooms afforded a private and intimate setting,while the more formal rooms look nice for holidays and private parties. The menus had many healthy foods and the dishes we saw all looked really appetizing - as did the snacks, which are offered all day and anytime residents liked.

They offer a personalized wellness program for residents who are encouraged to enjoy physical activity as much as they are able. They may use the exercise facilities to take classes like stretching, yoga and aerobics - or get assistance with the use weight training and other equipment. Many take regular walks along the lovely corridors of the building courtyard.

The Dallas metro area provides residents with many exciting events, such as art galleries, music venues, shopping malls and stores, and quite a variety of fine and casual dining establishments.

They have a newsletter that the distribute to friends and family, to keep everyone aware of happenings and so that friends and family may attend parties.

The residents here are treated with great kindness and care -- as well as respect and thoughtfulness at all times.

From Windsor Senior Living

Listening. Serving. Caring.

These things matter to you, and to us. We offer more than just a beautiful place to live. We offer a lifestyle that embraces our residents independence and offers high quality care and assistance where needed.

Our goal is to enhance the quality of life of our residents and make sure they live their lives to the fullest. We recognize that our residents require varying levels of care and assistance. We promise to tailor our community and services to the needs and preferences of each individual resident, ensuring that they continue to lead the life they want. Visit us today to start living your life to the fullest!

Features of Windsor Senior Living

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Technology extra: Emergency call system
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• 24 hour nurses: Yes

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Spanish

• Golf
  • 24-hour security gate
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services

• Private services

• We charge an entry fee
  • Minimum memory care rate: $4,000/month

• We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: None