Smith Village

2320 West 113Th Place, Chicago, IL, 60643

Reviews of Smith Village

kiirish August 13, 2013

I've visited my friend here several times and consistently find the staff to be friendly, helpful, and caring. Smith Village offers either independent, assisted, or skilled care. Assisted living units each have 2 rooms and a full bath. Meals are provided in the main dining areas but also in the bistro cafeteria where tables also can be used for games or other get-togethers.

Joanne11 July 11, 2013

Smith Village has monthly meetings for support groups and I went to their support group there. Oh, the place was like a five-star hotel, but it's very costly. The rooms were inviting, very clean, and their staff sort of has different purposes, so they are able to monitor every need. I've seen their eating facilities and they're just beautiful. They've got an enjoyable restaurant, it's very lovely. They have people and various groups and organizations come in on a regular basis. Each group has something else going to keep things active there.

Lin S. November 20, 2012

I have been in their alzheimer's support group for 2 years. Diane is the coordinator and her very caring and wonderfully heartfelt attitude is genuine. Everyone is super friendly and nice. I know people who live in the alzheimer's unit as well as the assisted living section. It is bright, modern, and a beautiful place to live. The residents are well cared for and the food is very good. Many programs. Of course no place is perfect, but this one is worth checking out!

sharonmarie November 29, 2011

Smith Village is located in the heart of chicago between the Beverly and the Morgan Park neighborhoods. It is easily accessible from the highway and train as well as the bus lines running down Western Ave. As I walked into the foyer I thought I was walking into a 5 star hotel. The furniture and the chandliers were very beautiful. I was taken on a tour of the apartments in the Assisted Living wing and was amazed at how homey they felt. The residents appeared happy and you could laughter echoing through the hallways. Next was the formal dining room where the tables where set with linen and fine china. I was invited to stay for lunch and sample their menu. The food was delicious and prepared by a chef. I would recommend Smith Village to someone who was looking for a home away from home experience for their loved ones.

her fathersdaughter November 18, 2011

The facility is first rate. It offers care at all levels in a caring, protective environment. However, it is very expensive. Plan ahead and buy long term care insurance.

commercesd May 25, 2011

Visited this facility

We visited the Smith Village while searching for an assisted living retirement community for my friend"˜s mom. We decided to take a look at the Beverly area, located on the southwest side of Chicago since my friend used to live in that area. We found that Smith Village is the only such facility in that region. It is convenient to get to, although public transport options can be limited, which could be an issue for some visitors. The one and two bedroom apartments are nicely decorated and quite spacious - more so than many we saw on the north side. The staff seemed very nice with all of the types of people who live there, from those who suffer from Alzheimer's and dementia to those with simple ambulatory issues. We visited during their annual spring planting, which we all really enjoyed. Some of the other activities they plan include fashion shows and luncheons where volunteers and visitors are welcome. At many of these events, their executive chef prepares special menu samplings which seem to rival local restaurant fare.

From Smith Village

Smith Village. It's more than bricks and mortar. It's a community, one with a history of more than eight decades of dedicated care on the same site where its new campus now thrives. It's a community where active residents pursue their interests, celebrate old friendships and make new ones.

Smith Village's beautifully designed apartment homes enhance the care-free lifestyle and full complement of amenities that residents enjoy. As the premier continuing care retirement community in Chicago's southwest neighborhood, it provides active seniors a warm, welcoming environment with a caring staff.

Designed to support Independent Living, Assisted Living, Alzheimer's and Memory Support, and Skilled Nursing Care, Smith Village offers residents and their families the security of knowing that assistance and care is available, all on the same campus, if and when it is ever needed.

Smith Village. Beverly's best retirement choice.

Location of Smith Village