Canfield Place

14570 SW Hart Rd, Beaverton, OR, 97007

Reviews of Canfield Place

Terry K1 August 09, 2013

My Mother moved to Canfield in November 2012 and I and my siblings (6 brothers and sisters) have been absolutely thrilled with the property, amenities, and especially the staff. The management staff is professional and the caregivers have been most kind and gracious. In late May 2013 Mom's sister (our aunt) who had been visiting Mom often, decided to sell her home and move into Canfield herself. Mom is 96 and our Aunt is 94 and the family is feeling much better now that they are in a safe environment. Both were living in their own homes previously.

Maggi1 June 12, 2013

My mother and aunt are currently residents at Canfield Place. Our family has been extremely pleased with the quality of individual care, both medical and emotional. Canfield offers excellent activity options. The staff is responsive and professional.

babalouw June 11, 2013

My Dad has been living at Canfield Place for almost 2 years. He has more of a social life there, then he has had in a long time. He absolutely loves Canfield Place. He enjoys socializing so much that when I call his apartment, he is rarely there! That makes me happy knowing that he enjoys living there. The staff is great and attentive to his needs! My family enjoys going and visiting him because we know he is being well taken care of. Great Job Canfield Place!

chironurse June 09, 2013

In March of 2013 my husband and I needed to make the difficult decision to move my mom into an assisted living facility. After taking care of her for 12 years at home her Alzheimer's had progressed to the point it was in her best interest to make a transition. As any family making this decision knows it is not an easy one and there are many choices out there. For two years we prepared for this day looking at places, reading reviews, ratings, taking tours etc. Canfield Place was a blessing for us and mom. The facility is clean, well maintained and secure. The apartment options provide great living quarters in a smaller community setting. This was especially important to us so mom could feel as independent as possible while being well cared for. The staff made her transition an easy one and she adjusted within 2 weeks. The staff is friendly, caring and compassionate. They make it their mission to know their residents, the needs, wants and desires for comfortable living and how they will adjust is taken into consideration and seen in everything they do. The amount of activities and outings is so vast we can hardly ever find mom in her apartment, and because of this she has actually perked up. The chef and dining staff make every meal special with a variety of specials during the week and a daily special, this is in addition to the regular items that are on the menus every day. The meals do not taste "institutionalized" either, you would think you are eating at a resort dining room! We are so happy to have found a place that cares for mom like their own mother, and we can work and sleep knowing she is well taken care of.

crdnl18 September 29, 2011

Canfield Place was, for the most part, an excellent assisted living facility. It is located in a nice part of the suburbs, surrounded by ample vegetation and greenery (the backyard of the facility served as a great park and walking area). The staff were always nice and helpful, with a few always going above and beyond. The rooms were spacious enough, though certainly not luxurious. The best part about Canfield were the amenities. The food was quite good (good enough for my family to eat there when we had the option) and there was a hair-dresser in the facility. The social events were awesome and frequent; the residents really seemed to like them. At the end of my grandmother's stay, though, the staff started to get a little inattentive. The were multiple times when we felt that the level of care we were paying for was not being provided. They were shirking on the "assisted" part of the assisted living.

From Canfield Place

Canfield Place, located in Beaverton, Oregon, offers luxurious studio, one- and two-bedroom apartment homes in a fun and active retirement community. We are very proud to be managed by Leisure Care, who, for over 30 years, has led the industry in the development and management of elegant retirement communities. At Canfield Place we have set colossal standards for quality and choice in guest services, amenities, resort-style living, and in all things "fun."

Live at Canfield Place and enjoy your own private apartment home, and fill it with your own treasured belongings. Meet new friends and entertain family in the beautifully appointed dining room. We offer true restaurant dining, and all meals are prepared for you by our very own chef. Then there's the programs! Sign up for an art class. Start a new fitness program. Or book that travel excursion you've always wanted to. You will be amazed by how many fun social and recreational activities there are just waiting for you. Whether you want to spend an afternoon in the library with a good book, enjoy a drive out in the country, or want to socialize with friends, Canfield Place has it all. We are located at the corner of Murray Boulevard and Hart Road in west Beaverton near Washington Square shopping mall, the Elsie Stuhr Senior Center, and the Beaverton City Library.

Imagine the peace of mind knowing that our highly-trained staff is available 24 hours a day to answer any questions you may have and that every apartment is equipped with an emergency communication system. And if you need some assistance, whether a little or a lot, our Assisted Living services are available and can be started at any time.

Quite simply, at Canfield Place, it's your life, on your terms. We help make it all possible. Canfield Place - Living Better Than Ever!

Canfield Place offers a fitness program run by a full time personal trainer. Our Prime Fit fitness program helps residents look and feel their best.

Features of Canfield Place

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Technology extra: Emergency Call System
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Hospice care

• Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• General store
  • Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi
  • Activities extra: Computer class

• Private services

• We charge an entry fee
  • Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental

• Minimum age: 62

• Licenses: Assisted Living
  • State License(s): 4619

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Canfield Place