Dominican Village Assisted Living

Reviews of Dominican Village | Assisted Living

Overview of Ratings

4.0

January 20, 2015

Dominican Village is a very large community. There are many buildings, and so far it has been very pleasant. The staff was wonderful, they couldn’t be nicer. I have two very good sized rooms; one is the bedroom, one is the living room. I have a private bathroom and a full equipped kitchen. They go out by bus almost every day to take people if they want to go shopping or other activities. So far the food has been very good -- not great -- but very good.

July 14, 2014

By BewareDominican

PLEASE BEWARE!!!!! We recently moved Mom over to Assisted Living from Independent Living within Dominican Village. We bought a trundle bed so that my sister could stay over on weekends (as she was doing previously). They informed us the day of the move that she would no longer be able to stay over and to remove the trundle within 3 days or they were going to evict my 88 year old mother out into the street (I kid you not!). When we asked why, they stated that the Dept. of Health did not allow another person to stay over in the assisted living room. We called the Dept. of Health and were told there was no such regulation. The people who run this facility, specifically the CEO and his wife, were combative, dishonest and disrespectful during any and all conversations we have had with them. I would encourage you to please be VERY careful and explore all other options before considering Dominican Village as an assisted living facility for your loved one.

Dominican Village’s Assisted Living Residence is licensed by the New York State Department of Health and must operate within the scope of the appropriate New York State regulations. From time to time, resident and family requests must be approved by the New York State Department of Health prior to accommodating the request. In this particular instance, the resident’s and family member’s request was accommodated by working together in a professional manner with the New York State Department of Health and filing a waiver specific to the resident’s and family member’s request.

March 30, 2014

By Laura31

Dominican Village was referred to us for my mother-in-law. I like the facility because it's clean and bright. The staff seem fine. The apartment is nice, spacious enough, and has what she needs. It has a nice bathroom as well.

July 31, 2013

By Primary Care Physician

I am a physician, my mom was at Dominican Village for 7 years before she needed more care and moved to a nursing home. Terrific staff and care! Thank God for the nuns doing God's Work!

September 11, 2012

By bella1

This looked very nice on the outside, it is in next to a nunnery I think. The residence was very clean. There was a beauty parlor and cafeteria area. The apartment area was nice with a little kitchnette. We thought the area was very nice and clean. The neighborhood was not all that great though. The place itself seemed really nice and had a lot of activities available for residents.The people that worked there seemed very friendly. The residents I saw living there seemed to be quite happy at the residence. My aunt seemed to like the place too. She decided not to move there because of the surrounding neighborhood. Im sure it was safe but she was put off by the people she saw in the area.

November 21, 2011

By Betty5

Caring personnel; many activities available; good dining

Photos of Dominican Village

Features of Dominican Village

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites

• Coffee Shop
  • General Store

• Internet Enabled Rooms

• Psychiatric Care

• Tai Chi
  • Activities Extra: With Outstanding Programs, Services And Amenities On A Sprawling 13 Acre Campus, We Cater To The Diverse Needs Of Each Resident While Ensuring All Feel Secure And At Home At Dominican Village.

• Pets: No Pets Allowed

• State Licenses: 700-s-287

About Dominican Village

With outstanding programs, services and amenities on a sprawling 13-acre campus, we cater to the diverse needs of each resident while ensuring all feel secure and at home at Dominican Village.

Dominican Village, founded and sponsored by the Sisters of St. Dominic of Amityville, New York, is a not-for-profit, non-sectarian rental retirement community and assisted living residence. Its mission is to provide a supportive environment in which the sacredness of life and the dignity of each person are held in the highest regard and to offer its residents a choice of programs and services which foster independence, promote physical, mental, emotional and spiritual health, and maximize opportunities for socialization.

Map of Dominican Village