Planning and Legal Documents
Long Term Care Insurance is one of the best ways to minimize expenses as you care for an aging parent or other family member.
Read our free long term care insurance guide to learn how long term care insurance works and can help with extensive medical costs at Caring.com.
The essential issues your parents will address through estate planning
More About Planning and Legal Documents
- Estate Planning 101
- Power of Attorney Legal Limits
- Durable Power of Attorney: How it Works
- Durable Power of Attorney: What It Is
- Health Care Reform
- Power of Attorney: How to Manage Common Family Concerns
- What to Expect from a Trusts and Estates Attorney
- Revocable Living Trusts: A Beginner's Guide
- Set Up Power of Attorney for Finances
- Probate: What It Is -- and How to Avoid It
- 10 Things to Consider Including in a Will
- How Financial Pros Save Money on Health Insurance
- How to Use Private Insurance to Help Pay for Long-Term Nursing Home Costs
- How to Pay for Assisted Living
- Estate Plan for Digital Assets
- How Medicare Works
- What is the difference between a will and a trust?
- Is There a Time Limit on Making a Revocable Trust Before Entering a Nursing Home?
- When is it the age to buy long term care insurance?
- What is the difference between DPOA and POA?
- When someone is incapacitated, how can another person get POA for them?
- Where can I get free legal help with estate planning?
- What is a durable power of attorney?
- How should the title, introduction, and signature pages of a living trust be set up to restate the terms of the trust?
- Can a will alone cover my dad's estate planning needs?
- Can a power of attorney be revised after a dementia diagnosis?
- Does a Power of Health Care Agent supersede a Power of Attorney?
- Does state residency affect power of attorney?
- What happens if a power of attorney dies?
- Can I make a property transfer as POA?
- What rights do I have in a shared POA role?
- Does having a pacemaker make you uninsurable for long-term...
- Have You Ever Considered Buying Long Term Care Insurance?
- How do I keep my siblings from seeing Mom?
- Newly Diagnosed - When Does Patient Advocate and Durable Power of Attorney Begin?
- A Caregiving Money Poll
- Do you try to fit things in at the end of the year because your health insurance deductible has been met and will start over again soon?
- How Do You Afford Long Term Care Costs?