7 Memory Care Facilities in Woodbridge, VA
Also serving communities of Lorton, Fort Belvoir.
Brookdale Lake Ridge3940 Prince William Parkway, Woodbridge, VA
HarborChase of Prince William Commons14080 Central Loop, Woodbridge, VA
Tribute at The Glen4151 Old Bridge Road, Woodbridge, VA
Potomac Place2133 Montgomery Avenue, Woodbridge, VA
The Fairfax9140 Belvoir Woods Parkway, Fort Belvoir, VA
The Crossings at Spring Hill8350 Mountain Larkspur Drive, Lorton, VA
Sunrise at Silas Burke House9619 Burke Lake Road, Burke, VA
We're there at every step
Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Woodbridge area find the memory care community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.
Get the insights you need to find the right community.
- See more than 1 reviews of memory care communities in the Woodbridge area from residents and their loved ones.
- Browse our comprehensive directory of 7 memory care communities in the Woodbridge area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.
What to Consider About Memory Care in Woodbridge
The small community of Woodbridge, which is located in Prince William County, Virginia, is home to a little over 4,400 people, with nearly 10 percent of residents age 65 and over. Almost 10 percent of Medicare recipients in Prince William County have been diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease, which is the leading cause of dementia.
In Woodbridge, memory care facilities are officially known as special care units and may occupy their own dedicated building or be located within a secured wing of an assisted living facility. Woodbridge has four memory care facilities, and there are three more in the nearby cities of Fort Belvoir, Lorton and Burke.
- Woodbridge is a relatively expensive area to live, with overall living costs that are roughly 15 percent higher than the state median and 30 percent higher than the national median. Healthcare is slightly less expensive here than in other regions of the state and nation, which may offset other expenses for seniors and families on a tight budget.
- Crime is slightly more prevalent here than it is in the nation as a whole. On a 100-point scale, with a higher score indicating more crime, the city's property crime rate is 42 and the violent crime rate is 41.2. This is compared to the national averages of 38.1 and 31.1. Memory care facilities keep residents safe by using security technology such as surveillance cameras and alarm systems.
- Social Security income is not taxable in Virginia, and seniors can deduct up to $12,000 a year against all other types of retirement income. This may make it easier for families and seniors with restrictive budgets to afford memory care in Woodbridge.
- Woodbridge has hot summers with highs in the upper-80s and chilly winters with lows in the mid-20s. The area receives just 14 inches of annual snowfall compared to the national average of 26 inches, which may make local travel easier for families visiting loved ones in memory care in Woodbridge.
Paying for Memory Care in Woodbridge
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Virginia
Memory Care costs in Woodbridge start around $5,801 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of memory care is $4,723 per month.
It’s important to note that memory care rates in Woodbridge and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Memory Care in Woodbridge
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Memory Care in Virginia page.
More Ways to Pay for Memory Care
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for memory care, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance memory care costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance memory care, visit our Memory Care in Virginia page.
Free Memory Care Resources in Woodbridge
Woodbridge and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Memory Care Facilities in Woodbridge
Directory of Winners in the Woodbridge Area
Memory Care Laws and Regulations in Woodbridge
Woodbridge-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Virginia are required to follow. Visit our Memory Care in Virginia page for more information about these laws.