9 Independent Living Communities in Bergen County, NJ

The Senior Residence at St. Peter the Apostle

415 Fifth Avenue, River Edge, NJ
Miguel: "The person in-charge of showing me around Senior Residence at St. Peter the Apostle was not personable, but the lady in charge of the food was able to pay attention to my request. She was very nice and very useful, and she did all she coul... (read more)

The Bristal Assisted Living at Woodcliff Lake

364 Chestnut Ridge Road, Woodcliff Lake, NJ
The Bristal Assisted Living at Woodcliff Lake is dedicated to enhancing the lives of seniors by encouraging them to enjoy and express their independence in a luxurious setting. We boast gourmet dining, beautiful surroundings, weekly laundry... (read more)

2015, 2016

Five Star Premier Residences of Teaneck

655 Pomander Walk, Teaneck, NJ
George5: "Went with my family to meet a family friend. He was so close to our family that either he used to drop in every day or we go to his house without fail. When we saw this place , we were really surprised. This place has a calm and peaceful s... (read more)

2013, 2015

Arbor Terrace Teaneck

600 Frank W. Burr Boulevard, Teaneck, NJ
Caring74962150: "I came to Heritage Pointe the second week of November. I highly recommend this place. I'm very happy here. I'm here for almost four weeks now and already I'm part of a family. I'm very comfortable. I have a beautiful apartment and I'm quit... (read more)

Altair Active Adult Condominiums

109 Cory Ln, Elmwood Park, NJ
Caring115416950: "I thought Altair was absolutely beautiful, but I am handicapped, and it was not handicap-friendly or accessible. The gentleman running the situation was not helpful at all. He wouldn’t accommodate me with parking. He just sat behind his de... (read more)

Waterford Towers

190 River Road, Edgewater, NJ
Visitor43: "I like Waterford Towers because I can afford it and it has all the amenities that I was looking for. This is the best facility among all facilities I have visited. "

Tenafly Senior Center

20 S Summit St, Tenafly, NJ

Brightview Paramus

396 Forest Ave., Paramus, NJ
The design-build community features full-service Independent Living apartments on a monthly rental basis with no large entrance fee. The all-inclusive monthly fee includes private 1 and 2-bedroom apartment homes, exterior and interior maint... (read more)

Atria Waldwick

245 Wyckoff Avenue, Waldwick, NJ
Opening Summer 2019 Atria Senior Living is excited to announce a brand-new community  for Bergen County seniors searching for greater well-being: Atria  Waldwick. Now pre-leasing and scheduled to open this summer of 2019, this vi... (read more)

At A Glance

There are 9 of independent living communities in the city and surrounding area to choose from, with an average cost of $3,571 per month.

Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Bergen County area find the independent living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.

• See more than 12 reviews of independent living communities in the Bergen County area from residents and their loved ones.
  • Browse our comprehensive directory of 9 independent living communities in the Bergen County area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.