Assisted Living in Mansfield
Brookdale Mansfield1771 Country Club Drive, Mansfield, TX
Cedar Bluff Assisted Living354 Matlock, Mansfield, TX
Isle at Watercrest - Mansfield200 East Debbie Lane, Mansfield, TX
Walnut Creek2281 Country Club Dr, Mansfield, TX
Highlands Village Senior Living120 Regency Parkway, Mansfield, TX
Legend of Mansfield2500 N. Walnut Creek Drive, Mansfield, TX
Abby's Place5819 Summerwood Drive, Grand Prairie, TX
Tender Care Home for Adults II7200 George Finger Road, Arlington, TX
Fleurdleys Assisted Living6104 Rendon New Hope Rd, Fort Worth, TX
Castle Rock Senior Community5519 S. Collins Street, Arlington, TX
At A Glance
There are 12 assisted living communities in the city and surrounding suburbs to choose from. The average cost of assisted living in Mansfield is $3,009 per month, according to the latest estimates from Genworth.
We're there at every step
Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Mansfield area find the assisted living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.
Get the insights you need to find the right community.
- See more than 52 reviews of assisted living communities in the Mansfield area from residents and their loved ones.
- Browse our comprehensive directory of 12 assisted living communities in the Mansfield area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Mansfield
Quaint Mansfield has developed from a farming community to a thriving suburb in the Dallas-Ft. Worth metroplex. Seniors have plenty of activities, both enjoying the vibrant downtown area and engaging with others at events such as the Senior Picnics. There are twelve total assisted living facilities in the Mansfield area, providing a range of care options from assistance with activities of daily living to help with memory care.
In Mansfield, as in all of Texas, assisted living facilities are regulated by the Department of Health and Human Services and licensed based on residents' ability to evacuate the facility in an emergency and whether nighttime attendance is necessary. Two different tier levels are established, with residents housed according to their level of independence.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Mansfield
Weather in North Texas means long, hot summers and mild winters. Many seniors find relief in the warm, dry air, although those especially sensitive to heat should take precautions in the summer. High temperatures in July average around 95 degrees, while lows temp in January average around 35 degrees.
- The cost of living in Mansfield is 108.5, based on a U.S. average of 100. Both housing and healthcare costs are noticeably higher than the national average. While housing prices may not affect seniors in assisted living, those with persistent health conditions should take note of the costs.
- Crime rates, both violent and property-related, are lower than the national average in Mansfield. Violent crime rates are 26.2, compared to a U.S. average of 31.1, while property crime rates are 28.8 compared to the U.S. average of 38.1. Petty theft and car break-ins are the most common, although this shouldn't affect seniors that reside in assisted living communities.
- While there is no public transportation system in Mansfield proper, seniors may have access to Uber and Lyft. Once in Fort Worth or Dallas, the DART is available for bus and rail travel. The Dallas Area Regional Transit system offers reduced rates for seniors. Those with VA benefits or a qualifying disability may also receive the free service.
- The Mansfield area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Kindred Hospital and Texas Methodist Hospital branches, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Mansfield, a suburb of Fort Worth, is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
Paying for Assisted Living in Mansfield
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Texas
Assisted Living costs in Mansfield start around $3,009 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Mansfield and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Mansfield
The Texas Department of Health and Human Services provides placement and partial financial assistance for seniors who need help with assisted living costs. Those who are on Medicaid or Medicare, or who are entitled to SSI income, may be eligible for assisted living financing. This program is called STAR+PLUS and serves specific areas of the state, providing an alternative to nursing facility placement and covering the cost of assisted living.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Texas page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Texas page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Mansfield
Mansfield and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Mansfield
Mansfield-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Texas are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Texas page for more information about these laws.