Barclay Friends Nursing Home

Overview of Ratings

3.8

February 15, 2013

By respectem

They keep temporary rehab residents as long as possible, stretch out their care unnecessarily, do not get them up in the AM and basically treat them as part of the permanent residency. The Physical Therapy session is a social session for the employees. While (4) residents busied themselves with leg lifts, throwing bean bags, sit down bicycling and computer work - the "therapists" did not have their eyes on any of them but were talking to each other about getting out of work early, their education, other jobs, families etc. Head therapist was rude and in the wrong job. He told a patient leaving "you'll be back" because he didn't agree with his release. He also had him put away the groceries that arrived and walk a flight of fire escape steps - not a therapeutic or house setting, just looking for a person to fail. Extremely disappointed with Barclay Friends and if there were any intent to return, I wouldn't voice an opinion, for fear of bodily harm.

December 04, 2012

By RLloyd

The staff was very pleasant both to my family when we visited as well as to my grandmother both when we were there and when we were not. They provided great care to her both in assisted living and then eventually in nursing care.

August 24, 2012

By eldercaretimesthree

Barclay is a lovely facility. Everyone has a private room. Some residents have private baths and some share a bath with one other resident. There are enclosed flower and vegetable gardens, and walking paths. The menu is varied and the meals are delicious. The staffing ratio and staff turnover rate are low. Activities are dignified and age-appropriate. Fresh flower arrangements are placed throughout the building every week. If your loved one needs a nursing home, this is the one you want.

July 28, 2011

By jlmg

The admissions staff was extremely accomodating when my parents both needed rehab after being simultaneously hospitalized. They located a room they could share, and the staff was extremely pleasant and helpful, doing all they could to welcome them. The rehab staff people were extremely helpful and personable, encouraging them to work harder than I would have thought possible. After three weeks my parents were able to return home quite successfully.

Let Us Search For You

Save Money

Care

Save Stress

Features of Barclay Friends

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall:
    • Ownership Type: Non Profit Corporation
    • Date Certified: 05/01/2017

About Barclay Friends

Barclay Friends is a nursing home in West Chester, PA that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Barclay Friends for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Barclay Friends