Coronado at Stone Oak

19638 Stone Oak Parkway, San Antonio, TX, 78258

Reviews of Coronado at Stone Oak

September 08, 2015

By Top Notch Facility

Our experience at Coronado at Stone Oak has been nothing less than excellent. My 80 year old father had a first-of-its-kind heart valve surgery at University Hospital that left him very weak, unable to walk or even use the restroom. Once we knew he would needs some extensive post-surgical physical therapy, we began interviewing facilities all around San Antonio. When we reached Coronado, we were met by Jaime Soto who took the time to listen carefully to our needs and explain how Coronado's PT program works. We toured the facility and it was in much better condition that most others we had seen. He introduced us to the Executive Director, Boyd, and we also met some of the PT staff. After careful consideration, we chose Coronado based on the PT program and the overall feel of the facility. On our first day, we had a meeting with the Manager for the PT program, the Head of Nursing and also other staff members. They carefully explained to my father the PT plan and also insured all of this nursing needs would be met. After having been in a hospital for several weeks, my father was very relieved at both the home like feel of Coronado and the professionalism of the staff. The PT staff did an excellent job working with my father. He was up and walking within a few days and even walking without a walker within a couple of weeks. Every time we visit my father he has a huge smile on his face and is excited to show us what he can do. He's even managed to gain back a few pounds and really loves the food at Coronado. I cannot recommend Coronado highly enough. I read the other reviews and all I can say is go by and meet these folks. We have never met anyone at Coronado who didn't provide us or my father the absolute best care. Having seen most other facilities in San Antonio, I can honestly say we made the best choice coming to Coronado.

April 01, 2015

By Mum2lelolex

Absolutely beautiful facility. The staff were very friendly and accommodating. As a nurse myself, I was looking for a place that would fulfill my standards for my loved one. This place files the bill and then some.

March 19, 2015

By Sam15

Coronado at Stone Oak was very clean. They have very nice rooms. It is more like a hotel room than a nursing home. It had a refrigerator, a safe, and a microwave in the room. It has a bathroom. It is a single person room. The facility itself is nice. The staff varied widely depending on what shift it was. They seem to be under staffed. They did not always respond promptly to calls. Sometimes when my wife calls, I would wind up leaving the room to find someone to assist her. I know they did have activities, but she wasn't able to participate because she was bed bound. Some of the people there were professional and effective, and some of them were less so. The main thing that impressed me was the physical plants were very nice. But the staffing was a problem. First of all, their kitchen needs to respond and provide proper meals as required by their patients. There were a number of times she was served meat even though it is clear in her papers that she is a vegetarian. So the kitchen is a problem as well.

Features of Coronado at Stone Oak

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: Non Profit Corporation
  • Date Certified: 05/01/2017

About Coronado at Stone Oak

Coronado at Stone Oak is a nursing home in San Antonio, TX that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Coronado at Stone Oak for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Coronado at Stone Oak