Manorcare Health Services - Denver

290 SOUTH MONACO PARKWAY, Denver, CO, 80224

Reviews of Manorcare Health Services - Denver

Marie46 July 06, 2015

I wasn't happy with ManorCare because they said one thing and did something different. The facility looked nice and the things they offered, but their registration and admission office weren't in line with what they had offered to us. They said my mom would be able to start one day, and when we're getting closer to that day, nobody called us and told us they didn't have a place for us. I didn't like that. I didn't like the business, but the facility was nice. The room they showed us was very dark. The facility had potential; I mean it was a big facility, and they offered a lot of things, according to them, but I never got to experience it. However, I like the security; it was good.

Rose 56 March 28, 2014

Don't send your loved ones here. We had my father in this facility for a day then transferred him out. I can't believe kaiser even contracts with them. Short staffed, rude management, nursing staff was ALWAYS to busy to help my father and when I addressed everything with the administrator, Laura, instead of listening and fixing the problems; she suggested we take my father home. Wrong on so many levels. I'm very disappointed in Manorcare and expected more- but this building is a true reflection of the current management.

KC 228 September 04, 2013

My first experience with rehab was with a competitor rehab center. I have ALWAYS had the thought, newer is better. Boy was I wrong. One of the worst experiences ever. So this time around I realized I needed to look for a not just a "good looking" rehab place, but a place that gave good care. I was very impressed with manorCare Denver when I went to tour. Everyone was very informative and friendly. The staff was actually able to show me outcomes and their success working with other people. So long story short, I chose to come to Manorcare for my second round of rehab. I had the best experience and was able to get up and back on my feet faster than last time. So so impressed and If for any reason i need rehab again i will always go to ManorCare Denver for my rehab! I got to thinking after a while, we all worry so much about which doctor we have, which hospital we go to.. People seek out experts across the country for medical help. So why not do the same for rehab after the hospital. Even when I move to Frisco, I will still only want to go to Manorcare denver because I now KNOW they give the BEST care.

Caring1689 August 28, 2013

My mom did stay in Manorcare before she passed away. We chose this facility for her because they accept Medicaid. Everything was good, from the food, to the nurses, to the staff, etc. Everybody was nice. This nursing home was clean. It didn't smell like urine. It was a nice nursing home as far as nursing homes go. They only thing I think they could improve on is their parking.

Ambra August 24, 2013

The one thing I hated was the way they got to things when they had time.. Like leaving my gramma in her soiled diaper for over two hours, or forcing people to sit with their gross un eaten food scraps for hours on end

strykerjack March 29, 2013

My mother stayed here for 10 days following major surgery between the hospital and going home. Although the rehab specialists seem to have been pretty competent, the facilities and day to day care were beyond unacceptable.

Despite repeated (multiple times daily) requests from the family to the nurses, her pain medications were routinely "missed" during the night, leaving her in excruciating pain by morning.

Her roomate, who was put in the bed next to her on her second day of recovery, was a woman with an open, seeping infection. For clarity here, I do not believe that there is any medical justification for putting someone with a severe open infection of any kind anywhere NEAR a person who has still-healing surgical incisions. When we confronted the staff about this, we were reassured that "no one else is worried, so you shouldn't be either." Completely unacceptable.

The rehab facilities themselves are well below par and reminiscent of what you might see in a bad asylum movie. Ancient beds, hard plastic pillows, a radiant heater next to the bed that was quite literally falling apart, barely-working bedside telephone, a bathroom that was never cleaned (and also that was shared with infection-lady), and overwhelming smell of urine in the rooms and hallways, decades-old equipment at the nurse's station, multiple flashing alert lights with no nurses attending to them, creepy nurse's aides, zero sterilization procedures that I ever saw (and I spent a great deal of time there, considering how badly my mother needed an advocate during her stay).

I would never recommend this place to anyone. It is absolutely the worst situation I can imagine leaving a loved one in (which is why she didn't get left there). This place is a poorly run excuse for a "skilled nursing" facility. Absolutely not recommended.

Lynn G August 01, 2011

My mother was recently placed in the arcadia unit at Manor Care due to the progression of Alzheimer's. The staff members display the competence required as well a level of compassion and kindness towards each resident. The care needed for this disease is demanding, changing, unending and I have found a relilef for the care and safety afforded my mother in this exceptional facility.

About Manorcare Health Services - Denver

Manorcare Health Services - Denver is a nursing home in Denver, CO that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Manorcare Health Services - Denver for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Manorcare Health Services - Denver

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of Manorcare Health Services - Denver