Manorcare Health Services - Denver

290 SOUTH MONACO PARKWAY, Denver, CO, 80224

Reviews of Manorcare Health Services - Denver

October 21, 2016

By TomESQ

My sister at Manor Care for rehab. The nurses worked very hard to ensure my sister's comfort. Special thanks to Frank, Veronica and Alex. This place is ridiculously understaffed. When u have a problem it is hard to find an administrator to speak with. The meals were hardly ever what we ordered and seemed to show up different times everyday. The facility is dingy and doesn't appear very sanitary. Very subpar

August 02, 2016

By not ever

Family member - It was recommended for cardio rehab. The 30 minutes we were there we never saw a nurse. The floor smelled of urine. The shared room was dark. The "roommate" had a closestemy bag with the supplies all over the bathroom. We never did have anyone who came into the room to greet us. We signed her out after 30 minutes. That was the only time I saw any interest in her as we took her out of there. She needed her medication at regular, timed intervals and I had no confidence she would get them. It looked to be an understaffed facility with the first floor much more pleasant than the second floor where we were. Maybe that's where they stick the Kaiser patients.

June 03, 2016

By Rvw

My Aunt was here after minor surgery, it took nearly 4 hours for her to get a washcloth to washup in the morning. CNA's on the floor offered her little to no assistance and she was basically on her own until discharge. The floor was obviously understaffed and staff members were mostly unfriendly.

July 29, 2015

By careforyours

Manorcare is NOT the place for your loved ones! When we arrived there was no consultation, no one around to explain anything! When my mother rang for assistance at night she waited for 2 HOURS!! The aid was rude and handled her very roughly! The food was horrible, the rooms are in need of remodeling. Best advice, do your research, there are much better care facilities in Denver.

July 22, 2015

By TJGuz

Manorcare has taken great care of my uncle while he's been there. The staff are courteous and attentive. The only real issue we've had was that the bed was too short, but that was addressed immediately and a longer bed brought in. There was a minor problem with transporting my uncle to a doctor appointment, but Manorcare followed up with me to address the problem and I believe they are doing their best to service patients' needs.

July 06, 2015

By Marie46

I wasn't happy with ManorCare because they said one thing and did something different. The facility looked nice and the things they offered, but their registration and admission office weren't in line with what they had offered to us. They said my mom would be able to start one day, and when we're getting closer to that day, nobody called us and told us they didn't have a place for us. I didn't like that. I didn't like the business, but the facility was nice. The room they showed us was very dark. The facility had potential; I mean it was a big facility, and they offered a lot of things, according to them, but I never got to experience it. However, I like the security; it was good.

March 28, 2014

By Rose 56

Don't send your loved ones here. We had my father in this facility for a day then transferred him out. I can't believe kaiser even contracts with them. Short staffed, rude management, nursing staff was ALWAYS to busy to help my father and when I addressed everything with the administrator, Laura, instead of listening and fixing the problems; she suggested we take my father home. Wrong on so many levels. I'm very disappointed in Manorcare and expected more- but this building is a true reflection of the current management.

September 04, 2013

By KC 228

My first experience with rehab was with a competitor rehab center. I have ALWAYS had the thought, newer is better. Boy was I wrong. One of the worst experiences ever. So this time around I realized I needed to look for a not just a "good looking" rehab place, but a place that gave good care. I was very impressed with manorCare Denver when I went to tour. Everyone was very informative and friendly. The staff was actually able to show me outcomes and their success working with other people. So long story short, I chose to come to Manorcare for my second round of rehab. I had the best experience and was able to get up and back on my feet faster than last time. So so impressed and If for any reason i need rehab again i will always go to ManorCare Denver for my rehab! I got to thinking after a while, we all worry so much about which doctor we have, which hospital we go to.. People seek out experts across the country for medical help. So why not do the same for rehab after the hospital. Even when I move to Frisco, I will still only want to go to Manorcare denver because I now KNOW they give the BEST care.

August 28, 2013

My mom did stay in Manorcare before she passed away. We chose this facility for her because they accept Medicaid. Everything was good, from the food, to the nurses, to the staff, etc. Everybody was nice. This nursing home was clean. It didn't smell like urine. It was a nice nursing home as far as nursing homes go. They only thing I think they could improve on is their parking.

August 24, 2013

By Ambra

The one thing I hated was the way they got to things when they had time.. Like leaving my gramma in her soiled diaper for over two hours, or forcing people to sit with their gross un eaten food scraps for hours on end

March 29, 2013

By strykerjack

My mother stayed here for 10 days following major surgery between the hospital and going home. Although the rehab specialists seem to have been pretty competent, the facilities and day to day care were beyond unacceptable. Despite repeated (multiple times daily) requests from the family to the nurses, her pain medications were routinely "missed" during the night, leaving her in excruciating pain by morning. Her roomate, who was put in the bed next to her on her second day of recovery, was a woman with an open, seeping infection. For clarity here, I do not believe that there is any medical justification for putting someone with a severe open infection of any kind anywhere NEAR a person who has still-healing surgical incisions. When we confronted the staff about this, we were reassured that "no one else is worried, so you shouldn't be either." Completely unacceptable. The rehab facilities themselves are well below par and reminiscent of what you might see in a bad asylum movie. Ancient beds, hard plastic pillows, a radiant heater next to the bed that was quite literally falling apart, barely-working bedside telephone, a bathroom that was never cleaned (and also that was shared with infection-lady), and overwhelming smell of urine in the rooms and hallways, decades-old equipment at the nurse's station, multiple flashing alert lights with no nurses attending to them, creepy nurse's aides, zero sterilization procedures that I ever saw (and I spent a great deal of time there, considering how badly my mother needed an advocate during her stay). I would never recommend this place to anyone. It is absolutely the worst situation I can imagine leaving a loved one in (which is why she didn't get left there). This place is a poorly run excuse for a "skilled nursing" facility. Absolutely not recommended.

August 01, 2011

By Lynn G

My mother was recently placed in the arcadia unit at Manor Care due to the progression of Alzheimer's. The staff members display the competence required as well a level of compassion and kindness towards each resident. The care needed for this disease is demanding, changing, unending and I have found a relilef for the care and safety afforded my mother in this exceptional facility.

Features of Manorcare Health Services - Denver

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 05/01/2017

About Manorcare Health Services - Denver

Manorcare Health Services - Denver is a nursing home in Denver, CO that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Manorcare Health Services - Denver for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Manorcare Health Services - Denver